1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 17:09
    @gambrel said
    I drink very seldom, maybe every other r month I'll have a drink. Marijuana is legal in my state. So I smoke a couple of bowls a day.
    So it's legal in your state, are there any negative sides to it - I mean does it harm your body in any way?
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 18:03
    @torunn said
    So it's legal in your state, are there any negative sides to it - I mean does it harm your body in any way?
    Drug-induced psychosis is certainly an unfortunate consequence for a small minority of cannabis smokers.
  3. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 19:051 edit
    if you live in the UK alcohol is a fundamental part of society for most people
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 19:36
    @wycombe-al said
    if you live in the UK alcohol is a fundamental part of society for most people
    It is here as well - not beer so much, but wine.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 19:451 edit
    @torunn said
    This thread should perhaps belong in the Debate forum but there I would meet a different kind of people. In this general forum I hope to have views from posters I'm used to.

My 55 year old daughter hardly ever uses alcohol whereas I am very fond of wine. She claims that alcohol is one the most dangerous drugs there are - it's just that we live in a country that accepts alcohol but no other drugs.

Can I have our views, please.
    https://www.npr.org/2018/08/24/641618937/no-amount-of-alcohol-is-good-for-your-health-global-study-claims

I do not drink as a rule. Sometimes at Christmas I will make glugg.
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 21:07
    @eladar said
    https://www.npr.org/2018/08/24/641618937/no-amount-of-alcohol-is-good-for-your-health-global-study-claims

I do not drink as a rule. Sometimes at Christmas I will make glugg.
    Interesting., thank you.

And glögg is an old tradition, can only be truly enjoyed in the winter.
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 21:17
    I gave up the weed at about age 30, I started getting the fears too often, it was only an occasional social habit anyway, and there were positive sides to my dope - smoking years. Alcohol - wise, excesses of youth turned into weekends only when I got big and responsible, (kind of), and beer became mostly wine. Then I moved to Indonesia, where decent wine is all but impossible to get, at least where I live, and costs a fortune, so then it was occasional beers with guests when we were running the lodge as a guesthouse. When that all stopped we (myself and she who is most beloved) sort of forgot to drink alcohol, and now it's only if we're out with friends. My last remaining vice is nicotine, I smoke way too many roll - ups; tobacco's cheap as chips over here and it's still very much a smoking culture. I write, in a modest way, and that's all fuelled by caffeine and nicotine, and I'll probably die with a roll - up in my mouth, but after 40 odd years of smoking it's so far so good, and no one gets out alive, after all....
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 21:22
    @indonesia-phil said
    I gave up the weed at about age 30, I started getting the fears too often, it was only an occasional social habit anyway, and there were positive sides to my dope - smoking years. Alcohol - wise, excesses of youth turned into weekends only when I got big and responsible, (kind of), and beer became mostly wine. Then I moved to Indonesia, where decent wine is all but imp ...[text shortened]... uth, but after 40 odd years of smoking it's so far so good, and no one gets out alive, after all....
    As much as I would want to, I'm not going to give any advice regarding smoking. Most smokers get away with it, I guess, others do not. As with many other things. 🙂
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 22:17
    My view is and has been for a long time...moderation in all things.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 22:21
    @great-big-stees said
    Definitely. Add that to 'variety is the spice of life', and you have a winning life philosophy.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 22:24
    @great-big-stees said
    The problem with Alcohol is not everyone can do that!

You know the expression 'one is too many, and a thousand isn't enough', I am sure!

-VR
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 22:25
    @rajk999 said
    Definitely. Add that to 'variety is the spice of life', and you have a winning life philosophy.
    Aha. You’ve viewed my profile.🤔👍
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 22:28
    @great-big-stees said
    Aha. You’ve viewed my profile.🤔👍
    I did not actually. I just did. Quite often people's lives are unfulfilling because of they cannot [or choose not to] apply these two principles.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 22:29
    @very-rusty said
    The problem with Alcohol is not everyone can do that!

You know the expression 'one is too many, and a thousand isn't enough', I am sure!

-VR
    Those who cannot, shouldn't.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 22:32
    @rajk999 said
    Those who cannot, shouldn't.
    You are so correct about that!

Much easier said than done, I do talk from experience.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree