1. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 22:33
    @very-rusty said
    You are so correct about that!

Much easier said than done, I do talk from experience.

-VR
    The fact that some cannot should not stop those who could.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 22:382 edits
    @rajk999 said
    The fact that some cannot should not stop those who could.
    You obviously have never had an issue or else you would know you have to admit you actually have a problem. Many Professionals hold down jobs, and it takes them longer to realize they have a drinking issue. Everyone around them know, but until they admit to themselves they have an issue, in their mind they don't have one. You can not help someone who doesn't think they have a problem. They also have to want to stop.

-VR
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 22:42
    @very-rusty said
    You obviously have never had an issue or you else you would know you have to admit you actually have a problem. Many Professionals hold down jobs, and it takes them longer to realize they have a drinking issue. Everyone around them know, but until they admit to themselves they have an issue, in their mind they don't have one. You can not help someone who doesn't think they have a problem. They also have to want to stop.

-VR
    Oh .. so I was wrong then. I should have said .. ... because there are some who cannot apply the principle of moderation, all people should stop drinking ...

Is that correct now ?
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 22:46
    @rajk999 said
    Oh .. so I was wrong then. I should have said .. ... because there are some who cannot apply the principle of moderation, all people should stop drinking ...

Is that correct now ?
    Not at all, but anyone who does drink can develop a drinking problem, doesn't mean everyone will. I know many people who can have two sociable drinks and stop. I also know others who cannot.

If done in moderation it does no harm to anyone, I believe you missed the point I was making entirely.

-VR
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 22:47
    @very-rusty said
    Not at all, but anyone who does drink can develop a drinking problem, doesn't mean everyone will. I know many people who can have two sociable drinks and stop. I also know others who cannot.

If done in moderation it does no harm to anyone, I believe you missed the point I was making entirely.

-VR
    Lol .. I think you need a drink. 😀
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 22:50
    @rajk999 said
    I know you are making a joke, but to me it not a funny one.

I knew I had drinking issues in 1985 yet wasn't able to quit until 1992 March 22.

Not as easy as just stopping remember it is an addiction like smoking, which I quit in 2004.

The drinking was my bigger accomplishment in my mind, smoking coming in a close second.

-VR
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 00:16
    @very-rusty said
    I know you are making a joke, but to me it not a funny one.

I knew I had drinking issues in 1985 yet wasn't able to quit until 1992 March 22.

Not as easy as just stopping remember it is an addiction like smoking, which I quit in 2004.

The drinking was my bigger accomplishment in my mind, smoking coming in a close second.

-VR
    Hey i think the world revolves around the sun... not you. You cant drink, then dont. People really dont care. Im pretty sure though that I wont want a guy like you hanging around when im having a few drinks.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 08:43
    @great-big-stees said
    My view is and has been for a long time...moderation in all things.
    agreed but some things less moderate than others.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 08:45
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    I dont have a drink problem its a problem with my leggs they just will not walk past pubs.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 09:521 edit
    A recipe for happiness is no more complicated than a bottle of fine rum and a piano and hours on a weekend to enjoy them both.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 10:58
    @rajk999 said
    Lol I think i need a drink
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 10:59
    @suzianne said
    A recipe for happiness is no more complicated than a bottle of fine rum and a piano and hours on a weekend to enjoy them both.
    cant drink rum got plastered on it on my batchelor night was as bad as a dog, cant even remember getting home.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 12:351 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Hey i think the world revolves around the sun... not you. You cant drink, then dont. People really dont care. Im pretty sure though that I wont want a guy like you hanging around when im having a few drinks.
    You are correct the world does revolve around the sun not me or YOU.

Some care some don't care. I have experience, you don't, I've been through it, you haven't. I most likely in my drinking days would have hung with guys like you.

In todays world I hate the smell of liquor or booze and stay away from it. Ironic as that may sound, but TRUE!

-VR
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 12:41
    @very-rusty said

Some care some don't care. I have experience, you don't, I've been through it, you haven't. I most likely in my drinking days would have hung with guys like you.

In todays world I hate the smell of liquor or booze and stay away from it. Ironic as that may sound, but TRUE!

-VR
    Addictions, no matter to what, are often hard to overcome and to those of us who have managed to do so( mine was cigarettes)are deserving of a BIG 👍.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 13:05
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Who cares what you like or what you have been through. Do you notice you only talk about yourself? Your problems with alcohol, is yours. Keep it to yourself. Those who enjoy a drink and can drink responsibly are miles ahead of you.

And NO .. we would never have been friends and hanging out together. I know your type. One drunk episode and you get one warning and then you are dumped. So you would not be in my group and you would not have gotten the privilege of hanging out with guys like me. Sorry.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree