1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 13:52
    @fmf said
    Once bitten - with certain people - there is no twice bitten.
    Yes, but when you been bitten by more than one, perhaps you should be more careful? Have your rabbis shot? 🙂

-VR
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 13:53
    @very-rusty said
    Actually that was the period of time I was trying to quit.
    Whatever. It's you who is tripping over his own posts.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 13:53
    @great-big-stees said
    Sometimes the people you would never expect to befriend turn out to become good friends.
    You really can't go by people's persona's on here as far as I am concerned.

They are completely different out in the real world!

-VR
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 13:54
    @fmf said
    Whatever. It's you who is tripping over his own posts.
    Actually you seem to have an issue reading and understanding what I am saying!

THINK before you type! 🙂

-VR
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 13:541 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Yes, but when you been bitten by more than one, perhaps you should be more careful?
    I will certainly be more careful with regard to who - from here - I let anywhere near my family and friends in future.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 13:55
    @very-rusty said
    Actually you seem to have an issue reading and understanding what I am saying!
    Either 1985-1992 WERE "drinking days" for you or they weren't.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 14:01
    @fmf said
    Either 1985-1992 WERE "drinking days" for you or they weren't.
    fmf....PAY ATTENTION: I am sure most people got what I was saying these are the years I was trying to quit, but I have been told I probably wasn't ready. I knew I should quit but still wouldn't admit to myself I had a problem even when I knew I had one, if that makes any sense to you. In fact I was lying to myself.

-VR
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 14:05
    @very-rusty said
    fmf....PAY ATTENTION: I am sure most people got what I was saying these are the years I was trying to quit, but I have been told I probably wasn't ready. I knew I should quit but still wouldn't admit to myself I had a problem even when I knew I had one, if that makes any sense to you. In fact I was lying to myself.
    Yawn.

1985-1992 were either "drinking days" or they were non-drinking days. I referred to this sentence you typed: "I most likely in my drinking days would have hung with guys like you." Yawn.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 14:071 edit
    @fmf said
    Yawn.

1985-1992 were either "drinking days" or they were non-drinking days. I referred to this sentence you typed: "I most likely in my drinking days would have hung with guys like you." Yawn.
    Again 1985 - 1992 were the years I was trying to quit. You don't get that?

How could you if you've never had an issue with drinking.

-VR
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 14:10
    @very-rusty said
    Again 1985 - 1992 were the years I was trying to quit. You don't get that?
    I "get" that they were "drinking years".
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 14:18
    @fmf said
    I "get" that they were "drinking years".
    Correct, but years I was trying to quit, not easy unless you've had the problem you wouldn't know how hard it is to do and what an accomplishment it is.

Talk with people who have had drinking issues and you will hear some things you are probably not aware of right now.

I wasn't the one who started this thread. I know there are others on this site who have had issues and they to have conquered them. None of them probably want to speak up on it, and I can see why.

-VR
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 14:20
    @very-rusty said
    Correct, but years I was trying to quit, not easy unless you've had the problem you wouldn't know how hard it is to do and what an accomplishment it is.

Talk with people who have had drinking issues and you will hear some things you are probably not aware of right now.

I wasn't the one who started this thread. I know there are others on this site who have had issues and they to have conquered them. None of them probably want to speak up on it, and I can see why.
    All this is irrelevant waffle.

You said this:

"I most likely in my drinking days would have hung with guys like you."

I responded to that.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 14:23
    @fmf said
    All this is irrelevant waffle.

You said this:

"I most likely in my drinking days would have hung with guys like you."

I responded to that.
    The quote was to another poster not you, unless you hung in his circle of friends?

You just love to argue is all, simple as that.

You don't care about people who have drinking issues, and we have them on this site right now, but will not admit it to themselves.

You've never had the problem or claim not have had it so have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Alcohol in my opinion.

-VR
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 14:30
    @very-rusty said
    I have on three occasions in the last 40 years sat with friends for however long it took - however many days - for them to let the going cold turkey - 2x the booze, 1x smack - run its course, vomit, fisticuffs, tears, the whole thing. I am aware of plenty.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 14:30
    @very-rusty said
    The quote was to another poster not you, unless you hung in his circle of friends?
    Yawn

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree