1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    07 Dec '22 06:303 edits
    @very-rusty said
    I was just trying to cheer him up. 🙂

It is quite obvious he has his problems beating people he should. His Clan Leader sets him up to win the best he can, but he can NOT play the games for him too. 🙂

-VR
    With all due respect, maybe it's time for:

1. Kevin, divegeester and VR to stop hissing at each other and work on their chess. None of you seems to be putting in the tactics grunt work that's required to improve.

2. Stop using this thread. Suzianne is long gone, and your posts here are irrelevant in this OP.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '22 06:49
    @mchill said
    Suzianne is long gone
    Apparently not.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '22 10:38
    @mchill said

1. Kevin, divegeester and VR to stop hissing at each other and work on their chess. None of you seems to be putting in the tactics grunt work that's required to improve.

2. Stop using this thread. Suzianne is long gone, and your posts here are irrelevant in this OP.
    You're 1600, hardly an amazing rating. Rusty was 1700 at his prime. I'm 1700 now and I've never opened a chess book, study study study... In the end natural talent is needed.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    07 Dec '22 13:03
    @trev33 said
    You're 1600, hardly an amazing rating. Rusty was 1700 at his prime. I'm 1700 now and I've never opened a chess book, study study study... In the end natural talent is needed.
    MOVE 😡
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Dec '22 13:084 edits
    @mchill said

@mchill,
    To begin with divegeester or Kevin have never hissed at me about working on my chess. I've told divegeester on several occasions that he should work on his chess instead of being in here throwing insults around.

At one time I was around 1650 rating very close to 1700 and beat people who were rated in the 1700's and 1800's. In checking over my games against you. Appears we never had any.

Can you show me the rule that says I can't use a thread that has already been started and the member has left the site?

By the way, I've never talked to Kevin that he should improve his chess rating.

Personally I am in the Ghost Chamber playing much better players than myself trying to improve my chess, at least I am working on my games. I've been through many health issues over the years which can be backed up, which has lowered my chess rating. Working hard every day to try and get it back up between 1400-1600 at least.

It appears I've been on this site longer than you unless you've used another username in the past. So, just who do you think you are to tell me what I should do?

-VR
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '22 17:52
    < TRIGGERED >
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Dec '22 19:44
    @divegeester said
    < TRIGGERED >
    LOL@ Gooster, not yet but I'll let you know when! 😛 🙂

-VR
  8. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    07 Dec '22 23:59
    @great-big-stees said
    MOVE 😡
    Now we know why he won't slide a timely piece across the board: He wants to maintain that formidable rating.

Alekhine would be proud! 😁
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '22 08:022 edits
    @trev33 said
    Exactly, I’ve never opened a chess book either 😂

Cue for:
    “LOL @ the gooster 😜🙂 you should focus of your chess more, even your own clan mates hate you 😜🙂 they told me on TikTok and in PMs LOL LOL (oops I just shat my pants … or worse) ROFLMAO 😜🙂”
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '22 09:30
    @great-big-stees said
    MOVE 😡
    This weekend 😃
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '22 09:31
    @woofwoof said
    Now we know why he won't slide a timely piece across the board: He wants to maintain that formidable rating.

Alekhine would be proud! 😁
    Stees is putting up a good fights, takes me weeks sometimes to work out my next move.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Dec '22 12:58
    @trev33 said
    Stees is putting up a good fights, takes me weeks sometimes to work out my next move.
    You lie, like a cheap rug.😲
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '22 13:13
    @mchill said
    Suzianne is long gone
    I wouldn't be so sure. Given her unarguably strange reappearance a few weeks back, I wouldn't be surprised if she were still lurking and thumbing people down.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Dec '22 14:01
    @fmf said
    I wouldn't be so sure. Given her unarguably strange reappearance a few weeks back, I wouldn't be surprised if she were still lurking and thumbing people down.
    Do you think she gave you the red thumb you just got?

NO, I did it! 😛 🙂

-VR
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Dec '22 14:031 edit
    @divegeester said
    Exactly, I’ve never opened a chess book either 😂
    Something to be really proud of there old gooster! 😛 🙂

Your rating certainly proves that FACT. You are becoming more honest lately. 🙂

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree