1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 08:261 edit
    Officials are investigating wonky election results in Antrim County in northern Michigan that could add a few thousand votes to the tallies for President Donald Trump and Republican Senate candidate John James.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/11/04/michigan-antrim-county-election-results-trump-biden-blue/6162541002/

Proper procedures are not being followed to prevent election rigging with faulty software.

YouTube

Lots of dictatorships around the world hold elections that are rigged to give the appearance of democracy. Why do people assume their country could not be that way? Is there a good reason to believe it happens in other countries but not the one they live in?

They say the Antrim county mishap was due to human error. I want to hear more about this human error and what the specific error was. Nobody seems to want to report exactly what happened.

YouTube
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 09:591 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Officials are investigating wonky election results in Antrim County in northern Michigan that could add a few thousand votes to the tallies for President Donald Trump and Republican Senate candidate John James.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/11/04/michigan-antrim-county-election-results-trump-biden-blue/6162541002/

Proper procedures are not ...[text shortened]... Nobody seems to want to report exactly what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdiD77Jbm2Q
    More Republican fairy tales.

No one's listening to the little boy crying wolf anymore.

Go troll on Reddit or somewhere where they're buying this crap.
  3. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 11:04
    @metal-brain said

Proper procedures are not ...[text shortened]... Nobody seems to want to report exactly what happened.

Every process has an error rate - which should be as low as possible. But that's not the problem.

The problem is bias. Fraud. And the main way to counteract fraud is by making sure someone will catch you if you try it. We have that covered 100%. Do some people still try to commit fraud? Yes. But those criminals break both ways. And they get caught. Again - unbiased.

We never have an accurate vote count.

We always have an unbiased vote count.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 11:13
    Democrats, 2016: "This election is rigged!!"
    Republicans, 2016: "Everything's fine. Sore losers!!"

Republicans, 2020: "This election is rigged!!"
    Democrats, 2020: "Everything's fine. Sore losers!!"

What an failed country America has become.
  5. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 11:171 edit
    @great-king-rat said
    Democrats, 2016: "This election is rigged!!"
    Republicans, 2016: "Everything's fine. Sore losers!!"

Republicans, 2020: "This election is rigged!!"
    Democrats, 2020: "Everything's fine. Sore losers!!"

What an failed country America has become.
    I don't think I heard from anyone that the 2016 election was rigged. Not anyone serious, anyway.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 11:18
    @spruce112358

Really? Here I was thinking the Russians had something to do with the outcome.
  7. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 11:37
    @great-king-rat said
    @spruce112358

I'm sure this has been chewed over ad nauseam.

The 2016 result is explained by (D) complacency/lack of energy/pique over Sanders; Clinton not being very charismatic; and a very effective Fox News/Trump propaganda campaign. The alleged Russian "effect" isn't really needed to explain the outcome - and would fall under the category of foreign pressure not rigging, in any case.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 12:12
    @spruce112358 said
    I'm sure this has been chewed over ad nauseam.

The 2016 result is explained by (D) complacency/lack of energy/pique over Sanders; Clinton not being very charismatic; and a very effective Fox News/Trump propaganda campaign. The alleged Russian "effect" isn't really needed to explain the outcome - and would fall under the category of foreign pressure not rigging, in any case.
    It's been a recurring topic for almost four years that the 2016 election was rigged.

What's happening now is the other side of the same coin.
  9. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 12:20
    @great-king-rat said
    It's been a recurring topic for almost four years that the 2016 election was rigged.

The election with the most domestic interference was in 2000 when Roger Stone organized the "Brooks Brothers Riot" to stop vote counting in FL. That threw the election Gore won to George Bush.

But I think that was a tactical move, not rigging. It's not working so well this time either, although they are trying it again.

Rigging is like what the Republican legislatures did after the 2010 census with gerrymandering. THAT's true rigging of an election.

I don't think Russians can do that to us.
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 12:29
    @great-king-rat said

Which democrats accused the GOP of vote rigging because I don’t remember that. They accused the trump campaign of colluding with the Russian GRU in its hacking snd release of the Clinton emails but that’s not vote rigging.
  11. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 12:57
    @great-king-rat said
    @spruce112358

I never knew how releasing information on a candidate was illegal to begin with.

that whole russia gate crap - and preventing it like it was a crime, was just a rouse
    to get the focus off of criminal dems and place get it on Trump.

Worked like a charm but in the end, it was all a mirage.
  12. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 13:02
    @kevcvs57 said
    Which democrats accused the GOP of vote rigging because I don’t remember that. They accused the trump campaign of colluding with the Russian GRU in its hacking snd release of the Clinton emails but that’s not vote rigging.
    the dems cleverly called it "election interference" and "Trump stole the election"
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 13:35
    @kevcvs57 said
    Sure, sure... play with words to make it sound differently. Whatever floats your boat.

I’m not picking sides here. Both sides of the American political spectrum are equally broken and beyond repair.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 13:58
    @metal-brain said

No. No it’s not.

Stop spreading tinfoil hat, incel, propaganda.
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 14:05
    @great-king-rat said
    Sure, sure... play with words to make it sound differently. Whatever floats your boat.

I’m not picking sides here. Both sides of the American political spectrum are equally broken and beyond repair.
    Well I’m sorry but there’s a big difference between stuffing Mail boxes during an election count and spreading disinformation leading up to an election.
    Trump is trying to delegitimise democracy because he’s losing I don’t remember the victim of the Russian hack refusing to acknowledge the outcome the subsequent election.
    Pretending that the democrats and Trump are the same is a lie pure and simple.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree