Sassoon family and anti-Semitism

Sassoon family and anti-Semitism

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
19 Feb 21
1 edit

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Feb 21

@metal-brain said
John Kerry comes from opium money. From his Forbes side of the family. Now he is the climate czar.
Is there any nutbag conspiracy theory that, from the very millisecond you first heard it, you didn't go all in on?

D

Moves
19 Feb 21

MB

Moves
19 Feb 21

@suzianne said
Is there any nutbag conspiracy theory that, from the very millisecond you first heard it, you didn't go all in on?
John Kerry comes from opium money. It is a fact and you are the nutbag for denying facts that are easily verifiable.

MB

Moves
19 Feb 21

@kevcvs57 said
The Sicilian mafia had the backing of the US government during World War Two.
What the British did to China and it’s people during that time was disgusting and inexcusable but they would have done it with or without the assistance of the Sassoon family. To single out the fact it involved some Jews is anti Semitic IMO.
The Sassoons did it for the tea. The British wanted tea, but China was not interested in trade as much as the British. Opium was a way to facilitate trade between those commodities which served the interests of the British.

The Sassoons were behind it all. It was their idea from what I understand. The British and American governments are protecting the poppy fields in Afghanistan. It is still going on. Now it is heroin. That is all that has changed.

Why are you condoning the poppy explosion in Afghanistan? You know most of it is made into heroin. Do you believe the lame excuses for British and American troops protecting the poppy fields? Are you that easily duped?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
19 Feb 21
1 edit

@metal-brain said
The Sassoons did it for the tea. The British wanted tea, but China was not interested in trade as much as the British. Opium was a way to facilitate trade between those commodities which served the interests of the British.

The Sassoons were behind it all. It was their idea from what I understand. The British and American governments are protecting the poppy fields in ...[text shortened]... lame excuses for British and American troops protecting the poppy fields? Are you that easily duped?
No MB crushing Chinese resistance was definitely the British Empires idea, that was why they poured opium into the place. You think it was the Sassoons who wanted the tea. Your either very naive or very anti Semitic.

“ Why are you condoning the poppy explosion in Afghanistan? You know most of it is made into heroin. Do you believe the lame excuses for British and American troops protecting the poppy fields? Are you that easily duped?”
No it’s you that’s easily duped mate. Have a look at a map and have another go at figuring out why Afghanistan is seen as so strategically important. Sure if you can recoup some of the cost of occupancy with opium sales why wouldn’t you. You know opioids are actually useful if used correctly and sparingly right?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
19 Feb 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Just finished watching a six part Adam Curtis documentary ‘ Get out of My Head’ a lot of stuff on Britain’s brutal treatment of China and Hong Kong. It’s a wide ranging look at the central political / economic systems and the ideologies behind them through a selection of central characters, one of the most interesting was Jiang Qing who I knew very little about.

MB

Moves
19 Feb 21

@kevcvs57 said
No MB crushing Chinese resistance was definitely the British Empires idea, that was why they poured opium into the place. You think it was the Sassoons who wanted the tea. Your either very naive or very anti Semitic.

“ Why are you condoning the poppy explosion in Afghanistan? You know most of it is made into heroin. Do you believe the lame excuses for British and American ...[text shortened]... sales why wouldn’t you. You know opioids are actually useful if used correctly and sparingly right?
What is your source of information?

D

Moves
19 Feb 21

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
20 Feb 21

@metal-brain said
What is your source of information?
My cerebral cortex what’s yours

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
20 Feb 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
We agree in broad principle on much more than it might appear but I’ve yet to meet anyone that I agree with on everything. Perhaps that’s another stance we can agree on.

MB

Moves
20 Feb 21

@kevcvs57 said
My cerebral cortex what’s yours
Does your cerebral cortex tell you why Sassoon was given a monopoly within the British Empire to trade certain goods with China? Why the lack of competition if Sassoon was not extremely powerful?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
20 Feb 21

@metal-brain said
Does your cerebral cortex tell you why Sassoon was given a monopoly within the British Empire to trade certain goods with China? Why the lack of competition if Sassoon was not extremely powerful?
He gave the correct amount of kick backs to the correct people.
What’s your theory.

MB

Moves
20 Feb 21

@kevcvs57 said
He gave the correct amount of kick backs to the correct people.
What’s your theory.
For a whole army?

Why did FDR make an exemption for trading with the enemy for US corporations in Nazi Germany after the war started? What is your theory for that? Kickbacks or too powerful to mess with?

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
20 Feb 21
1 edit

@suzianne said
I checked other sources. Uh huh. the Forbes fortune.

You know the whole Kennedy fortune was from their organized crime boss, father, Joe Kennedy Sr., right?