1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '21 18:19
    @kevcvs57 said
    Why can’t you just be happy with Brexit why do you feel that the destruction of the EU is more important than the basic human rights of the Polish and Hungarian people, by people I mean all the people not just the ones who fall out with Brussels.
    But I don’t you’re making stuff up, creating false dichotomous arguments. It’s always been the same with you - I don’t agree with your left wing globalist europhile ideology and you respond with your “knuckle dragging Nazi racist” BS.

It’s laughable.
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Oct '21 19:31
    @divegeester said
    But I don’t you’re making stuff up, creating false dichotomous arguments. It’s always been the same with you - I don’t agree with your left wing globalist europhile ideology and you respond with your “knuckle dragging Nazi racist” BS.

It’s laughable.
    Is it though?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '21 19:391 edit
    @shavixmir said
    Is it though?
    Of course it is.

Do you think that the people who you describe as extreme right wing Nazi racist idiots, are the majority of the people who voted for and won brexit?

I’m sure you’d like stand on your pub table and say “YES”, in fact that’s pretty much what you do, that is the basis of your entire rhetoric over the last 5 years.But of course you are wrong about the UK and when Poland vote to leave the EU you will be wrong. And yet you will still point to the Nazis and the extremists and blame them and conflate them with the majority.

And you’ll continue to lose and continue to rant, because you have no answer to the truth, which is that the central majority have spoken, not the minority.

The EU is a Parliament. That’s what we, the objectors, object to.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Oct '21 20:20
    @divegeester said
    Do you think that the people who you describe as extreme right wing Nazi racist idiots, are the majority of the people who voted for and won brexit?
    Nah. I think the majority of the people who voted for Brexit, and also the majority of the people who could not be arsed to vote against Brexit and therefore by default voted for it, were, as they call it, useful idiots.

As for the people who found them useful - that is, the Bullingdon gang of Johnson, Mogg and the like - they're not Nazi, but they very much are racist (and no, I'm not going to dredge up the quotes again), very much neo-con extreme-capitalist right wing, and very much taking advantage of you.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Oct '21 20:22
    @divegeester said
    I know it’s amazing how they win elections, drive through the referendum result and get the country up and running after a pandemic.
    Of course they're up and running! They'd better be - there's no petrol for them to be up and driving....
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '21 07:081 edit
    @shallow-blue said
    Nah. I think the majority of the people who voted for Brexit, and also the majority of the people who could not be arsed to vote against Brexit and therefore by default voted for it, were, as they call it, useful idiots.

As for the people who found them useful - that is, the Bullingdon gang of Johnson, Mogg and the like - they're not Nazi, but they very ...[text shortened]... otes again), very much neo-con extreme-capitalist right wing, and very much taking advantage of you.
    It’s a pity for you that’s there’s so many of us; you might never win a national vote again.

Considered moving to an EU country? Oh of course you live in the Netherlands don’t you. They voted to leave the EU in 2008 you know. Guess what, the government ignored the vote. So that’s another political time bomb waiting to go off.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '21 07:111 edit
    @shallow-blue said
    Of course they're up and running! They'd better be - there's no petrol for them to be up and driving....
    There was never a shortage of fuel in the UK, there was a temporary break in the supply chain and millions of idiots, like you actually, who believe the media, panic bought. I drive several hundreds of miles a week an wasn’t short of fuel once.

Sorry to disappoint, but keep looking for the problems and bad news to sooth your sense of loss and increasing political isolation.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Oct '21 12:17
    @divegeester said
    Oh of course you live in the Netherlands don’t you. They voted to leave the EU in 2008 you know.
    Erm... no? No, we didn't.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '21 13:35
    @shallow-blue said
    Erm... no? No, we didn't.
    “A consultative referendum on the Treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe was held in the Netherlands on 1 June 2005 to decide whether the government should ratify the proposed Constitution of the European Union.
    The result was a "No" vote.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Dutch_European_Constitution_referendum
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Oct '21 14:38
    @divegeester said
    “A consultative referendum on the Treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe was held in the Netherlands on 1 June 2005 to decide whether the government should ratify the proposed Constitution of the European Union.
    The result was a "No" vote.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Dutch_European_Constitution_referendum
    Quite. I love how you prove yourself wrong, here.

To begin with, it was quite explicitly a consultative vote. Nobody was ever under the impression that their votes would force the government to do anything. Referenda don't work that way in the Netherlands, unlike in Switzerland or England.

More importantly, though, is that this was never about "leaving" the EU. It was about approving the new European Constitution, not about ditching the old one with the bath water.
    Nobody in the entire Netherlands voted for a Netherexit that day. Not a single person. Because that was not what this was about. This referendum did not ask "Shall we leave the EU?" - it asked "Do we prefer the new or the old EU?"

Now, I admit that I do not like the way our government handled that whole procedure. Nevertheless, neither I nor any other Dutchman voted to leave the EU that day.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '21 14:542 edits
    @shallow-blue said
    Quite. I love how you prove yourself wrong, here.

To begin with, it was quite explicitly a consultative vote. Nobody was ever under the impression that their votes would force the government to do anything. Referenda don't work that way in the Netherlands, unlike in Switzerland or England.

More importantly, though, is that this was never about "leavin ...[text shortened]... that whole procedure. Nevertheless, neither I nor any other Dutchman voted to leave the EU that day.
    I never claimed any of that, I’m well aware of what the vote was as it’s come up time and time again in my discussions in here.

I claimed that there was a vote against further union with the EU and your government ignored it. The point being that some governments, including yours, are ignoring the will of the people over integration with the EU.

It’s quite simple. Ask the people what they think, don’t get the answer you want, ignore it anyway.

As I said “political time bomb”
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Oct '21 15:47
    @divegeester said
    I claimed that there was a vote against further union with the EU
    No, you did not. You claimed, and I quote literally: "They voted to leave the EU in 2008 you know".

We did not.

You lied.

As the Brexiteer Johnsonite you are.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '21 17:05
    @shallow-blue said
    No, you did not. You claimed, and I quote literally: "They voted to leave the EU in 2008 you know".
    I misspoke, you can see from the link I posted what I was referring to. My point remains intact.
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 Oct '21 08:522 edits
    @divegeester said

It’s laughable.
    So you don’t support the Polish and Hungarian regimes in their dispute with Brussels then? Because you seemed to be portraying them as plucky patriots up against the monstrosity that is the EU, when the reality is these regimes are homophobic and xenophobic, and are attempting to dismantle the democratic nature of their respective states.
    Hahaha a Brexiteer calling someone else a populist, comedy gold.
    People are right about you then you are a very slippery character.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '21 11:381 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    So you don’t support the Polish and Hungarian regimes in their dispute with Brussels then?
    This is tiresome. Please read carefully.

I support them in their desire to leave the EU.

I do not support them in any antisocial attitudes or behaviours, including (but not limited to), racial discrimination.

Got it yet? Probably not; you’ll keep pretending you don’t understand and continue to conflate anti EU sentiment with Nazism.

I that is why you will continue to lose vote after vote after vote.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree