1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Oct '21 16:46
    @divegeester said
    This list is lifted from yours and Shav’s posts; these insults and slurs are either directed straight at me or inferred.

Hogwash
    Tory
    Racist
    Moron
    homophobic
    anti-immigrant
    anti-female
    right-wing nationalist agendas
    Hypocrisy
    Nazis
    Sexual discrimination
    Nazi German occupation
    degenerate fake-Englanders
    BS
    Knuckle dragging
    Johnny foreigner
    Racis ...[text shortened]...
    slippery character
    Ignorant
    Gullible, stupid or racist

Find where I have responded in kind???
    To be honest, that is a reasonable summary of the average Brexit supporter.

Thanks for doing the gathering. I can really use it for a new alert: “The little Englander.”
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Oct '21 16:471 edit
    @divegeester said
    Once again we see the EU overextending its reach as it tries to grab legal power in an independent nation state.

From the article:
    On Thursday, Poland's Constitutional Tribunal ruled that key articles of one of the EU's primary treaties were incompatible with Polish law, in effect [b]rejecting the principle that EU law has primacy over national legislation in cert ...[text shortened]... b]

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58840076

Come on Poland you can do this, fight!
    🚨🚧
    Hogwash
    Tory
    Racist
    Moron
    homophobic
    anti-immigrant
    anti-female
    Hypocrisy
    Nazis
    Sexual discrimination
    Nazi German occupation
    BS
    Knuckle dragging
    Johnny foreigner
    slippery character
    Ignorant
    🚧🚨

Yup. That saves a lot of hassle. It’s like discussing rocket science with Forrest Gump… and this is easier.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '21 17:31
    @shavixmir said

Yup. That saves a lot of hassle. It’s like discussing rocket science with Forrest Gump… and this is easier.
    It’s a pity for you that there are so many of us “Forrest Gumps” out there, cos you keep losing votes.

I’d have to think of a few more insults. Quickly, if I was you.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Oct '21 18:26
    @divegeester said
    It’s a pity for you that there are so many of us “Forrest Gumps” out there, cos you keep losing votes.

I’d have to think of a few more insults. Quickly, if I was you.
    🚨🚧
    Hogwash
    Tory
    Racist
    Moron
    homophobic
    anti-immigrant
    anti-female
    Hypocrisy
    Nazis
    Sexual discrimination
    Nazi German occupation
    BS
    Knuckle dragging
    Johnny foreigner
    slippery character
    Ignorant
    🚧🚨
  5. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    18 Oct '21 18:48
    I'm reminded of me for some reason 🤔
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 07:33
    @divegeester said
    What specifically, is the “wriggling” in my reply to you at the bottom of page 5?
    “ You either do not care as long as it destabilises the EU or you feel the same about these issues as Orban and Duda. So which is it?”
    Answer the question without a wriggle and you may redeem yourself slightly.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 07:411 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    “ You either do not care as long as it destabilises the EU or you feel the same about these issues as Orban and Duda. So which is it?”
    Answer the question without a wriggle and you may redeem yourself slightly.
    Sure, when you answer my question. Then I’ll answer yours.

(PS the stuff you wrote and put in quotation marks, I didn’t say, so not sure why it’s in quotation marks. )
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 09:07
    @divegeester said
    Sure, when you answer my question. Then I’ll answer yours.

(PS the stuff you wrote and put in quotation marks, I didn’t say, so not sure why it’s in quotation marks. )
    No I was reposting an earlier question that I put to you which you neglected to answer twice now so I’ll just assume it’s option number two.
    And what was your question
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 09:29
    @kevcvs57 said
    No I was reposting an earlier question that I put to you which you neglected to answer twice now so I’ll just assume it’s option number two.
    And what was your question
    Three posts up from the bottom of page 6, referring to my post at the bottom of page 5 which answers your question but you said is “wriggling”.

Yawn.
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 12:43
    @divegeester said
    Three posts up from the bottom of page 6, referring to my post at the bottom of page 5 which answers your question but you said is “wriggling”.

Yawn.
    Well if did miss that piece of duplicitous idiocy. But yes your wriggling by misrepresenting the wishes if the polish government and 90% of the population neither of which have any desire or intention to leave the EU the government wants to erode Polands democratic checks and balances whilst still getting all the funding and other advantages of membership.
    It’s a shame for the polish people who suffered enough under autocratic regimes for most of the 20th century but if they cannot regain control of their own government they won’t have to have a referendum on polexit because the rest of the EU will make the decision for them.
    So it’s the whatever it takes to destabilise the EU option then?
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 17:53
    @divegeester said

Yawn.
    🚨🚧
    Hogwash
    Tory
    Racist
    Moron
    homophobic
    anti-immigrant
    anti-female
    Hypocrisy
    Nazis
    Sexual discrimination
    Nazi German occupation
    BS
    Knuckle dragging
    Johnny foreigner
    slippery character
    Ignorant
    🚧🚨
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 21:25
    @kevcvs57 said
    Well if did miss that piece of duplicitous idiocy.
    Lol, what was duplicitous about it?

It’s not my fault if you can’t follow the exchanges.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 21:27
    @kevcvs57 said
    But yes your wriggling by misrepresenting the wishes if the polish government and 90% of the population
    90% of the Polish population don’t want to leave the EU…

I’m sure you’ll have some recent data to back that claim up?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 21:33
    @kevcvs57 said
    It’s a shame for the polish people who suffered enough under autocratic regimes for most of the 20th century but if they cannot regain control of their own government they won’t have to have a referendum on polexit because the rest of the EU will make the decision for them.
    The EU will NEVER kick Poland out. I guarantee it. What will happen is they will grab more power in a deal to keep them in.

If there was a referendum to stay or leave tomorrow I bet they would vote to leave.

My limited experience with the professional working class Poles was that they seem to not understand how the Euro worked. One middle manager I spent the day with told me he was looking forward to Poland adopting the single currency. He explained that travelling to and holidaying in the UK was currently too expensive and that the Euro would make it cheaper. I explained to him that that thinking was exactly how Greece got into debt and now the EU and Germany own their asses.
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 03:47
    @divegeester said
    90% of the Polish population don’t want to leave the EU…

I’m sure you’ll have some recent data to back that claim up?
    In a May 2016 poll, just before the British referendum, 41% of Poles thought a referendum should be held on Poland's membership and 22% would vote to leave.[19] A January 2020 poll for TV channel TVN conducted by Kantar Media found that 89 percent of Poles said Poland should stay in the EU while six percent said it should leave the union.[20] In November 2020, the same organisation reported that 87% of Poles said Poland should remain as a member of the EU while 8% of those said that Poland should leave the EU, while a further 5 percent was unable to decide.[21] In July 2021, SW Research made a poll for the Rzeczpospolita daily, found that 16.9% of respondents answered positively when asked: "In your opinion, should Poland leave the EU?" while another 62.6% responded negatively and just over 20% did not have an opinion.[22] However, less than two months later, Kantar Media only reported 7% support for Polexit and 81% opposition.[23]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polexit

Even the Polish government doesn’t want to leave the EU.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree