1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Oct '21 06:42
    @contenchess said
    Well said.
    This is what the right is horrible at -- listening to those who know better than you. This is why arrogance, or being proud of being stupid, is associated with banjo music and coonhounds, at least in America. Jingoistic nationalism is a bad look the world over. It helps no one except the politicians who run on it.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Oct '21 07:511 edit
    @divegeester said
    Still bitter about losing then?
    No mate too busy wetting myself about the state of the country, and looking forward to the tears of all those thick as mince brexiteers when they cannot get a Turkey for Christmas because the Turkeys voted for Christmas.
    Have you noticed all the jobs them foreigners were stealing are now just laying on the floor like last years abandoned toys.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Oct '21 13:20
    @shavixmir said
    I say: follow the treaties you signed then, you bunch of degenerate fake-Englanders.
    News just in: not only will they not, Cumming confirns that reneging on their promises was the plan all along.

You can't trust an Englishman. Not a single one of them is honest.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    13 Oct '21 21:481 edit
    Speaking as a 'remainer', I was sorry when the 'Brexit' vote was won, but democracy is democracy and my side lost. Still, only a twit couldn't see that there were good arguments on both sides, it's all about value judgements. I now watch the state of my country of birth with interest, currently it's a dogs' breakfast, and whilst this is in large part pandemic related, 'Brexit' is still having an influence. If one gets an earache ('Brexit' ) and then one gets a toothache (pandemic) which is far worse, one still has an earache, one just doesn't notice it so much.
    So now I think what has to happen is that the great British public has to stop worrying so much about eating a dead bird in a couple of months' time and the price of kippers, and start about the business of rebuilding the economy in its' new and some would say improved format. Get out there and pick some fruit (thirty quid an hour's not bad), learn to drive a lorry, and get used to it.
    We're still Europeans, forget the principles behind 'Brexit', the heavily subsidized milk has been spilt, it's all about economics, now, and it will, as I've mooted before, sort itself out, and the sooner the better.
    As regards Poland, this raises the ever vexed question of how far a central governing body should impose its' generally held principles on national governments. Anything which works against equality and racial integration is anathema to me and to many others, but nations will do as they will, and if Poland doesn't tow the line, they can always, as others have suggested here, be kicked out of the club.
  5. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 01:48
    @shallow-blue said
    News just in: not only will they not, Cumming confirns that reneging on their promises was the plan all along.

Except Cumming?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 07:011 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    thick as mince
    You still think that calling people names somehow strengthens your arguments?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 07:02
    @shallow-blue said

But you immediately believe Dominic Cummings and come in here and post about what he says…because it supports your belief.

Nice one.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 07:07
    @kevcvs57 said
    That’s just so much BS, the Brexit campaign was based on knuckle dragging right wing tropes from beginning to end, of course there are some reasonable people who genuinely feel the UK is better off outside the EU but you won because you galvanised the bitter and twisted Johnny Foreigner hating racist caucus and told bare faced lies about the supposed fruits of Brexit and the ...[text shortened]... ey should cut all EU funding and market access thus allowing their membership to wither on the vine.
    Let’s see then…

“BS
    Knuckle dragging
    Johnny foreigner
    Racist
    Lies
    Troll factories
    Homophobia
    Fundamentalists
    Zealots”

Good measured argument.
    Wipe your chin when you’re done.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 07:11
    It’s almost like the last 18 months never happened 🙂
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 07:13
    @indonesia-phil said
    if Poland doesn't tow the line, they can always, as others have suggested here, be kicked out of the club.
    I would bet a million of anything that that will NEVER happen, no matter what the extremists in Poland do.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 08:101 edit
    @divegeester said
    You still think that calling people names somehow strengthens your arguments?
    You lot have been calling people names from the start and your still at it. But you brexiteers have notes from your mums saying your excused civility.
    It’s noted that you haven’t addressed the issue of the lazy brexiteer who doesn’t want to pick fruit or work in a cold abattoir, and for pities sake don’t ask them to leave their arm chair and drive a lorry.
    I guess you guys thought them Johnny foreigners had just taken all the mattress testing jobs.
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 08:16
    @divegeester said
    Let’s see then…

“BS
    Knuckle dragging
    Johnny foreigner
    Racist
    Lies
    Troll factories
    Homophobia
    Fundamentalists
    Zealots”

Good measured argument.
    Wipe your chin when you’re done.
    Sound as a pound argument and self evidently true given that your a Brexiteer, you might want to get some Savlon on them knuckles, I just hope it’s produced locally.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 11:57
    @kevcvs57 said
    Sound as a pound argument and self evidently true given that your a Brexiteer, you might want to get some Savlon on them knuckles, I just hope it’s produced locally.
    “You’re”
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 11:581 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    You lot have been calling people names from the start and your still at it. But you brexiteers have notes from your mums saying your excused civility.
    It’s noted that you haven’t addressed the issue of the lazy brexiteer who doesn’t want to pick fruit or work in a cold abattoir, and for pities sake don’t ask them to leave their arm chair and drive a lorry.
    I guess you guys thought them Johnny foreigners had just taken all the mattress testing jobs.
    I’ll talk to you when you’re less upset and less silly.
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Oct '21 01:55
    @divegeester said
    I would bet a million of anything that that will NEVER happen, no matter what the extremists in Poland do.
    Oh it will.
    The EU court of justice (which interprets EU law) will eventually be forced to judge Poland’s interpretation (which is obviously wrong, for EU law is binding; seen as a treaty) and then Poland will have the choice: adhere to international law (because you signed up for it) or leave.

Now, I presume, considering the benefits of being in the EU and with Russia next door, the Polish people will force their government to see sense (ie elect a more inclusive body).

But if they don’t the EU will have no choice but to rid themselves of Poland.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree