1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 21:14
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Stop the presses!

That's not a bad point, however lacking that it is in protecting the social activists.

Some people hold it against Kap for being divisively anti-American.
    And some people hold it against Goya for supporting Trump when he has consistently supported policies that disadvantage Hispanics and made comments like a judge couldn't be fair in a case because he was "Mexican".
  2. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 21:17
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @Philokalia

Like I've been saying about the bullybois in here at RHP, it's all about controlling
    free speech. Free speech is punished when you say something that contras
    their ideology.

In RHP as in real life, bullybois call people they disagree with, "racists".
    I've seen that tactic pulled in RHP as in real life, many a time.

Yes, from the people of the party of "tolerance", "inclusion" and "diversity".
    A boycott is free speech, too. So get over it.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 21:19
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Stop the presses!

That's not a bad point, however lacking that it is in protecting the social activists.

"Divisively anti-American" because he displeased the tribe elders during a ritual dance.

Remind me: what century are we in?
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 22:14
    @bunnyknight said
    That reminded me of a professor last year that basically said: "In the US you are free to say anything you want, but the police are free to arrest you anytime they want."
    that would be infringement of free speech. did anyone from Goya got arrested? Did the government seized any of their property?

No? Then really, what are you talking about out? What was the point of this anecdote of yours and how did anything i said reminded you of it?
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 22:16
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Stop the presses!

"Some people hold it against Kap for being divisively anti-American."
    It really says something about you that you think someone protesting black people getting shot is being "divisively Anti-American".
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 23:16
    @zahlanzi said
    "Some people hold it against Kap for being divisively anti-American."
    It really says something about you that you think someone protesting black people getting shot is being "divisively Anti-American".
    Kaep is a pro ball player getting paid $millions to play a sport.
    His paycheck is made possible from the people that watch the game, fans.

He's not picking a good time to protest. He should play ball, leave the national
    anthem and his fans alone.

When the game is over, he can protest all he wants. Nobody is stopping him
    from that.

Secondly, I never gave my opinion. I gave the opinion of many people who will
    now protest by boycotting NFL football, which they have the right to do.

What's that...? shoe on the other foot, now?
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 23:54
    @no1marauder said
    Here's a list of people Donald Trump should be fired for comments they made (it's too long to copy paste): https://www.mediamatters.org/maga-trolls/daily-caller-has-published-white-supremacists-anti-semites-and-bigots-here-are-ones-we

Here's some boycotts right wingers called for in 2017: https://www.businessinsider.com/conservatives-boycott-brands-keurig-nfl-starbucks ...[text shortened]... that some consumers might find that objectionable and decide not to spend their dollars accordingly.
    (1) It's actually the case that nearly everyone on that list is probably unemployable precisely because of things like that list. Of course, wioth some of the more tepid people there, like Ian Miles Cheong, who is generally just a provcateur and not even a friend of the dissident right, I am sure the guy can find employment.

(2a) Can you name conservative celebrities that have endorsed these boycotts?

Were these for offenses as minor as saying they felt blessed by the [then Democrat] President?

They are literally boycotting Goya because the guy had something nice to say about Pres. Trump.

(2b) Boycotts are a part of free expression, yes, they certainly are. I fully agree.

It is also technically part of the rights of someone to fire someone over any reason they want, yes? However, we passed laws in 1965 and 1967 making it illegal to discriminate in employment in terms of one's race, national origin, religion, or age.

Thus, there is some amount of recognition here that a society which actively discriminates against members for things they cannot help (race, gender, national origin) or things that they believe (religion) is in the wrong.

Boycotting a company for something as tepid as endorsing the President of the US is a symptom of the problem of extreme polarization and political infighting that threatens to tear American democracy apart.
  8. S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 23:59
    @suzianne said
    Oh, please!

What in the hell does this have to do with Christian conservatives?

Freakin' snowflakes. "Deranged". "Radical".

Don't worry, Trump will throw you fools under the bus, too, just as soon as he can't use you to prop up his failed presidency any longer.
    That is correct; Pres. Trump does actively throw Christian conservatives under the fence.

He honestly has done very little in the way of protecting free speech, either by actively combating the unsafe environment that has been produced through polarization and street violence (especially in the Pacific Northwest), or by standing by decisions from the court that begin the process of disempowering private business and organizations.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe most people on the left would say that a private Christian school has to employ a transgender woman with a beard if it has ever accepted a single tax break or a dime of government funding because of the recent SCOTUS decision that Pres. Trump has approved of.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 00:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. S. Korea
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 00:00
    @soothfast said
    A boycott is free speech, too. So get over it.
    Criticizing boycotts are also free speech.

So... get over us criticizing their boycott?

No, that really doesn't work...

It's just as off topic of a statement to tell you to get over it as it is for you to tell us to get over it.
  11. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 02:20
    @zahlanzi said
    that would be infringement of free speech. did anyone from Goya got arrested? Did the government seized any of their property?

No? Then really, what are you talking about out? What was the point of this anecdote of yours and how did anything i said reminded you of it?
    "free speech is not freedom from consequences"

You hit the nail right on the head there.
    But the fact that corporations don't get arrested doesn't surprise me since they have more human rights than humans -- plus better lawyers, however corporations can get punished by other means. And when citizens get arrested, it's not gonna be for "speech" but for some other trivial charge like disturbing the peace or improper permit. It's happened millions of times.
  12. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 04:03
    @philokalia said
    Say anything at all positive about Pres. Trump and there are deranged, radical celebrities who will actually try to start a boycott movement against you.

[quote]Chrissy Teigen is pushing a boycott of Goya Foods after the company’s CEO praised President Donald Trump at the White House on Thursday. Hamilton star Lin-Manuel Miranda and actor John Leguizamo echoed her cal ...[text shortened]... ovement itself is also fundamentally biased and bigoted towards Christians conservatives as a group.
    In light of all these posts popping up around here about Goya Foods I guess we can safely surmise that Fox News has finally moved beyond eulogizing Confederate statues, yes?
  13. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 08:17
    @kazetnagorra said
    Never heard of "Goya" before this non-controversy started. It's nice to live in Europe and not worry about whether or not the beans you're buying were sold by a company openly endorsing white supremacist views.
    Better beware: you never know when you might bump into a libtard legume or goosestepping garbanzo.
  14. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 14:44
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Calling me a coward and a bigot??

NICE!!!

The new rules of hate speech have been in force long enough for you to know better.

I personally think you should get some time off in the bad boy corner. And I certainly will not even respond to your screed.

Yes, I reported you and I will continue to whenever you break the rules of RHP.

slanderous HATE SPEECH is not to be tolerated here at RHP
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 14:54
    @philokalia said
    (1) It's actually the case that nearly everyone on that list is probably unemployable precisely because of things like that list. Of course, wioth some of the more tepid people there, like Ian Miles Cheong, who is generally just a provcateur and not even a friend of the dissident right, I am sure the guy can find employment.

(2a) Can you name conservative celebrities t ...[text shortened]... em of extreme polarization and political infighting that threatens to tear American democracy apart.
    This is basic right wing "snowflaking". IF you adopt the strategies we use against us, it is terrible "suppression" of some "right" that you don't really have.

American democracy is not threatened by people expressing their views and facing the consequences of doing so. It is threatened by right wing public policies like voter suppression, gerrymandering, etc. etc:

" It may well be that the country has never seen a more coordinated national effort to constrain the voting rights of particular groups than we saw in 2012. Throughout the country, Republican legislators and other officials sought to enact new laws or modify established voting procedures which, in virtually all instances, would have made it harder—in some cases, much harder—for poor and minority voters to exercise the franchise. (KL 5053)"

https://understandingsociety.blogspot.com/2020/03/the-assault-on-democracy-by-right.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Understandingsociety+(UnderstandingSociety)&m=1

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree