1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 10:35
    @no1marauder said
    You can take a break from ideological discussions any time you want; "Posers and Puzzles" "Culture" "Technology" etc. etc. etc. are that way.

Scolding people for debating in a Debates thread is beyond foolish.
    "debating"
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 10:40
    @kewpie said
    Congratulations! You've made a post worth a read. See how easy it is?
    I love "beyond foolish". Is that the place called "here be dragons"?
    no, it's left of "No1marauder can't take criticism" valley, past "I'm simply better than everyone else- town"

🙂

Joking aside, leave it alone. None of us are debating in debates forum. We are just engaging in the entirely unhealthy activity of showing the obvious holes in redident conservatives' logic.

There are rare instances where debates occur we just hang around until they happen. Don't shame people for their guilty pleasures.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 10:451 edit
    @philokalia said
    Very sad that I forgot to enter the title of the thread -- sorry, guys!

Like I've been saying about the bullybois in here at RHP, it's all about controlling
    free speech. Free speech is punished when you say something that contras
    their ideology.

Yeah man, I agree, and every country that is not totally inundated in this absuridty yet has to fight like ...[text shortened]... window and it is impossible to actually have any kind of democracy.

It becomes mob rule.
    You are just adorable. You still cannot grasp that the government can infringe on someone's free speech. When citizens do not buy someone's crap it's called "doing whatever one wants with one's money"

What do you want? For people's paychecks to be garnished to buy some mandatory canned Goya beans? Do you have even a miligram of common sense to realize how ridiculous you sound?
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 10:52
    Let's get one thing straight that most of you will not understand and we will have to restate this at a later date.

Corporations have an agenda: to make money. Do you think Nike has tremendous moral fiber? No, they signed Kaepernick because they considered it will be good for their bottom line. Goya beans guy is either a dumbass who didn't thought of the consequences to his company of tying himself to a sinking ship (that other smart republicans are starting to bail on) or he thought there are big money to be had selling beans to rednecks still loyal to Trump.

What Goya is experiencing right now is "suffering consequences for exercising free speech" not having its free speech being trampled on. When will you realize that free speech is not freedom from consequences?

I guess never, I will be back next week or next month to repost this when one of you makes a thread like this again.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 11:11
    Is this thread about beans?

Man. I did not know.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 13:121 edit
    @shavixmir said

Man. I did not know.
    it's a thing that popped up on twitter

Because Chrissy Teigen, decently famous model and married to John Legend, gives a copulation (almost used a naughty word) about canned beans.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 13:32
    @shavixmir said

Man. I did not know.
    Never heard of "Goya" before this non-controversy started. It's nice to live in Europe and not worry about whether or not the beans you're buying were sold by a company openly endorsing white supremacist views.
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 14:37
    @no1marauder

BTW, calling for a boycott IS free speech - a concept you seem very confused about.

If a businessman wants to come out and make politically motivated endorsements, then he should accept that some consumers might find that objectionable and decide not to spend their dollars accordingly.

Yes it is free speech and it is bullying.

It should never be politically charged to praise America and the POTUS.
    But it is. And for reasons of bullying and making people who support the
    POTUS hide and cower. Pure Bullying.
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 14:41
    @no1marauder said
    I can't find the thread now (perhaps it was expunged), but one of the right wingers here was citing a Breitbart article that claimed Nike's loss of revenue was because of their relationship with Colin Kaepernick. The claim is dubious but I do not recall Earl or Philo thunderously defending Nike's "freedom of speech" nor condemning those who called for a boycott of Nike. ...[text shortened]... pernick: https://www.breitbart.com/news/nike-reports-790-mn-q4-loss-as-sales-plunge-on-covid-19-hit/
    Yes, No1, you do have a point here with Nike, the company that has slave labor
    make their $200 - Air Jordan endorsed sneakers.

Those f'n phonies?

you have a point.
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 14:431 edit
    @kewpie said
    Yet again.
    Philokalia and Earl of Trumps
    .versus.
    No1 marauder and Suzianne

If this was a playground I'd have kicked all of you into separate pens adjacent to each other. Then all the other kids might get a few ball games going in the main area.

Are you really so obsessed with this stuff that you can't see how crazy and stupid this ideological war is? Meanwhile, aro ...[text shortened]... ppy or sad or hungry or celebrating or dying or inspiring others.

Give us all a break. Please.
    Well what am I *supposed* to do... play chess?

😳

oh.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 15:092 edits
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @no1marauder

BTW, calling for a boycott IS free speech - a concept you seem very confused about.

If a businessman wants to come out and make politically motivated endorsements, then he should accept that some consumers might find that objectionable and decide not to spend their dollars accordingly.

Yes it is free speech and it is bullying.

It should ...[text shortened]... And for reasons of bullying and making people who support the
    POTUS hide and cower. Pure Bullying.
    Stop the BS. The guy is a billionaire for Christ's sake and you're whining about him being "bullied"? Give me a break. It's not like anybody pointed an AR-15 at him.

While you and others might equate disagreement with Donald Trump as an attack on "America", most rational people don't see it that way.
  12. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 15:57
    @zahlanzi said

What Goya is experiencing right now is "suffering consequences for exercising free speech" not having its free speech being trampled on. When will you realize that free speech is not freedom from consequences?
    That reminded me of a professor last year that basically said: "In the US you are free to say anything you want, but the police are free to arrest you anytime they want."
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 16:03
    @bunnyknight said
    That reminded me of a professor last year that basically said: "In the US you are free to say anything you want, but the police are free to arrest you anytime they want."
    I missed where Goya got arrested.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 16:53
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Yes, No1, you do have a point here with Nike, the company that has slave labor
    make their $200 - Air Jordan endorsed sneakers.

Those f'n phonies?

you have a point.
    Did any right wingers call for Nike to be boycotted for using "slave labor"?

Or were they OK with the company until they hired Kaepernick?
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 21:06
    @no1marauder said
    Did any right wingers call for Nike to be boycotted for using "slave labor"?

Or were they OK with the company until they hired Kaepernick?
    Stop the presses!

That's not a bad point, however lacking that it is in protecting the social activists.

Some people hold it against Kap for being divisively anti-American.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree