If Trump doesn't leave

If Trump doesn't leave

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
14 Nov 20

@lemon-lime said
Dems were expecting a landside where Biden would come riding in on a big blue wave. ( Kowabunga, man! ) Not only did that not happen, but the so called 'blue wave' didn't have enough power to sweep over the senate and house, which would have given Dems the next best thing to absolute power.

So if anyone is wondering why so many Dems are unhappy right now, and pointing fingers at one another, there's your answer.
Trump got 304 in 2016 with a similar margin and called it a “landslide”.

And I don’t know any Dems who aren’t happy right now.

Lol.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
14 Nov 20

@divegeester said
Sure you are, sure you are.
You're good for a laugh now and then, Sir Divemeister. I'll give you that.

Good luck with your border issues after Biden gives China, Russia and Iran the green light to do as they please.
The good news is you probably don't need to be concerned about North Korea... they have a penchant for shooting their rockets in an easterly direction.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
14 Nov 20

@divegeester said
Trump got 304 in 2016 with a similar margin and called it a “landslide”.

And I don’t know any Dems who aren’t happy right now.

Lol.
I don’t know any Dems who aren’t happy right now.
Ignorance isn't necessarily bliss, but I'll respect your desire to not know as much as you think (or want) to know.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Nov 20

@lemon-lime said
I don’t know any Dems who aren’t happy right now.
Ignorance isn't necessarily bliss, but I'll respect your desire to not know as much as you think (or want) to know.
There's a bit of finger pointing, but still the Dems won most of the House races and will gain at least 1 and possibly 3 Senate seats.

After 2016, the Republicans held the Presidency, 52 Senate seats and 241 House ones. I don't imagine that any Democrat looking at that situation in late November 2016 would be too displeased with the present balance of power even if sky high expectations in the Congress weren't fulfilled.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
14 Nov 20

@divegeester said
Well you’re wrong 🙂
You asked if I think Trump will get less than 306 electoral votes. I said yes, and you said I'm wrong.

So you think Trump will get 306 or more electoral votes?

T

Moves
14 Nov 20
3 edits

@lemon-lime said
Good luck with your border issues after Biden gives China, Russia and Iran the green light to do as they please.
Iran poses minimal danger to anyone in Europe or North America (though it is a threat to Israel). Iran is Shia, while jihadist activity in the West has been almost exclusively committed by Sunni Muslims; it stems directly from the Wahhabi ideology long preached and promoted by our wealthy "allies" in the Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf oil states - we fund it by buying their oil.

The West should have forged a strategic alliance with Iran on September 12th, 2001, and terminated our "friendship" with Saudi Arabia and the UAE on the same day.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
14 Nov 20

@no1marauder said
There's a bit of finger pointing, but still the Dems won most of the House races and will gain at least 1 and possibly 3 Senate seats.

After 2016, the Republicans held the Presidency, 52 Senate seats and 241 House ones. I don't imagine that any Democrat looking at that situation in late November 2016 would be too displeased with the present balance of power even if sky high expectations in the Congress weren't fulfilled.
There's a bit of finger pointing
Isn't the fact you're willing to say "a bit" a bit of a deviation from your usual stance?
You're the perfect person here for bringing Dive up to speed... not too much, just a little bit at a time

D

Moves
14 Nov 20
6 edits

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
14 Nov 20

@teinosuke said
Iran poses minimal danger to anyone in Europe or North America (though it is a threat to Israel). Iran is Shia, while jihadist activity in the West has been almost exclusively committed by Sunni Muslims; it stems directly from the Wahhabi ideology long preached and promoted by our wealthy "allies" in the Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf oil states - we fund it by buying thei ...[text shortened]... September 12th, 2001, and terminated our "friendship" with Saudi Arabia and the UAE on the same day.
The West should have forged a strategic alliance with Iran on September 12th, 2001, and terminated our "friendship" with Saudi Arabia and the UAE on the same day.
Why would the US, an ally of Israel (sans Obama devotees) want to make it easier for iran to attack Israel?

Russia, China and Iran obviously have different agendas and methodologies. The worrisome part is what they have in common. They care as much about their own people as they do the neighbouring countries they wish to take over and control. China in particular has done a splendid job of helping enrich the Biden family, so I'm not surprised Joe promotes China as "a trading partner". A president Joe Biden in their back pocket is a great insurance policy for China to keep the US from interfering with land grabs.

Watch out Tiawan, there's a new sheriff in town... and his name is Bidensan.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Nov 20

@lemon-lime
Do you seriously think Biden will say, not listen to his intel folks like Trump?
The intel/military team will come together again under Biden AND the first thing he will do is organize a federal push to get PPE, ventilators and the like which Trump never did, leaving it up to individual states to find stuff AND sicked FEMA on the states where they literally confiscated PPE states bought and paid for.

Biden will actually be part of a team again unlike the Trump disaster years.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
14 Nov 20

@sonhouse said
@lemon-lime
Do you seriously think Biden will say, not listen to his intel folks like Trump?
The intel/military team will come together again under Biden AND the first thing he will do is organize a federal push to get PPE, ventilators and the like which Trump never did, leaving it up to individual states to find stuff AND sicked FEMA on the states where they literally con ...[text shortened]... bought and paid for.

Biden will actually be part of a team again unlike the Trump disaster years.
I'm eagerly waiting for Biden to instruct me to wash my hands, wear a mask and stay the h*** away from people.

It will be glorious!

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
14 Nov 20

@lemon-lime said
I'm eagerly waiting for Biden to instruct me to wash my hands, wear a mask and stay the h*** away from people.

It will be glorious!
Well we know trump fans will not do any of those things on principle but hey natural selection comes in many forms. But at least they’ll have a POTUS and administration that cares enough to try.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
14 Nov 20

@kevcvs57 said
Well we know trump fans will not do any of those things on principle but hey natural selection comes in many forms. But at least they’ll have a POTUS and administration that cares enough to try.
they’ll have a POTUS and administration that cares enough to try.
Yes. And results be dam*ed, he should at least try to... do something. And look presidential while he's trying. 😐

Moves
14 Nov 20

@lemon-lime said

The good news is you probably don't need to be concerned about North Korea... they have a penchant for shooting their rockets in an easterly direction.
I think you will find that both the Biden and Johnson administrations will be surprisingly keen to work with one another.

Biden needs to drive the economy hard while getting CV under some sort of credible management, and the UK’s open hand of friendship will be welcomed. Johnson on the other hand has just cleaned out the behind-the-scenes flag-wavers after a bloody election and Parliamentary battles at the turn of 2019, he needs a more conciliatory global and EU stance, a more moderate stable tone at home.

So I think the UK will be fine, or at least disappointingly better off than some here would like.

Moves
14 Nov 20

@lemon-lime said

It will be glorious!
You Trump fanboys truly are the lower-brained primates of the western world aren’t you.

It’s just a fuking hanky for your face to help reduce the amount of revolting spray and slobber emanating from your facial orifice. It’s a HANKY! Remember being taught to put a HANKY to your face when you coughed or sneezed?