1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 20:18
    What then? Biden is giving these frustratingly coy answers, like "I don't believe there's a need", etc.

This is Trump. Of course he won't leave.

Serious question: when January comes and Trump doesn't leave: what then? Who do we call? Is that person a Trump appointee? If so, what if he refuses to do his job? Trump already ordered people to defy Congressional subpoenas less than a year ago, and they complied.

So what happens? What if the only people with the authority to remove Trump are Trump supporters? What then? The secretary of state already said there will be a "smooth transition to Trump's second term".

Any ideas?
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 20:35

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 20:55
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Jesus, that would almost make four years of his idiocy worth it.
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 21:15
    @vivify said
    What then? Biden is giving these frustratingly coy answers, like "I don't believe there's a need", etc.

Serious question: when January comes and Trump doesn't leave: what then? Who do we call? Is that person a Trump appointee? If so, what if he refuses to do his job? Trump already ordered people to defy Congressional subpo ...[text shortened]... ry of state already said there will be a "smooth transition to Trump's second term".

Any ideas?
    shouldnt we wait till Trump loses before imagining these wild scenarios?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 21:16
    @vivify said

Serious question: when January comes and Trump doesn't leave: what then? Who do we call? Is that person a Trump appointee? If so, what if he refuses to do his job? Trump already ordered people to defy Congressional subpo ...[text shortened]... ry of state already said there will be a "smooth transition to Trump's second term".

Any ideas?
    At noon on Jan. 20, he becomes a trespasser. If he refuses to leave the WH grounds, he can be removed by law enforcement.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 21:17
    @mott-the-hoople said
    He's already a loser.
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 21:41
    @mott-the-hoople said
    He lost
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 21:453 edits

9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 22:18
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    Shouldn't you learn to do math before you think Trump is going to win like Pompeo said?
  10. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 22:24
    is there any scenario in which trump could remain in office?
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 22:281 edit
    @lemondrop
    I guess he could off Biden AND Kamal AND Pelosi, then at least from his POV, a repub would be POTUS unless he offed him too.......

Personally I HOPE he tries to stay past Jan 20. It would ukfay the country but it would be worth it to see his sorry ass being carried out in handcuffs.
  12. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 22:31
    @sonhouse said
    @lemondrop
    I guess he could off Biden AND Kamal AND Pelosi, then at least from his POV, a repub would be POTUS unless he offed him too.......
    that's a lot of offing
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 22:33
    @lemondrop
    I bet dimes to dognuts he thought about it.....
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 22:55

15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 23:561 edit
    @vivify said

Any ideas?
    Even if Trump refuses to leave the WH, he will no longer be in command. America is not a banana republic; occupation of a single building means nothing. Biden will be sworn in at noon January 20th and assume command. Biden can govern from a hotel room or AF1 if need be.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree