I can’t call anyone an idiot anymore!

I can’t call anyone an idiot anymore!

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
07 Jul 20

@divegeester said
That particular guideline has always been there, it’s not new.
First time I’ve read them, It all made sense other than the fact that I’ve been using ‘idiot’ pretty liberally since 2011 without any Sanction so I assumed it was an add on.

K

Germany

Moves
07 Jul 20

@divegeester said
The word “racist” is overused, wrongly used, used as an insult and has become as meaningless as “troll”.
I wish that were true.

Moves
07 Jul 20
1 edit

@kazetnagorra said
I wish that were true.
Shall we again explore Wikipedia to see if you are correct in calling me a racist because I’m in favour of immigration control?

Edit; I acknowledge that there has been a lot of real racist comments recently, I’m not try to ignore that or deflect from it.

Moves
07 Jul 20

@kevcvs57 said
First time I’ve read them, It all made sense other than the fact that I’ve been using ‘idiot’ pretty liberally since 2011 without any Sanction so I assumed it was an add on.
Maybe it is, I’m not 100% certain as I hardly read them myself 😆

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
07 Jul 20

@no1marauder said
Just remember something, folks, if Duchy describes a position I supposedly have, she is almost always lying.

So ignore her and maybe she'll go away.
LOL.
You're not special!

K

Germany

Moves
07 Jul 20

@divegeester said
Shall we again explore Wikipedia to see if you are correct in calling me a racist because I’m in favour of immigration control?

Edit; I acknowledge that there has been a lot of real racist comments recently, I’m not try to ignore that or deflect from it.
I didn't do that.

Moves
07 Jul 20

@kazetnagorra said
I didn't do that.
Oh ok, I must be remembering another poster who did.

I apologise.

K

Germany

Moves
07 Jul 20

@divegeester said
Oh ok, I must be remembering another poster who did.

I apologise.
I mean: I don't remember if I labeled you a racist or not, but if I did, it wasn't because of your support for "immigration control" but it would rather be because of your defence of neo-Nazis like Marine Le Pen and your inability to tie "immigration control" beyond ethnicity-centered reasons.

If it makes you feel any better, you are certainly not among the worst racists that were plaguing the forums before the Great Purge.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Jul 20

@sleepyguy said
It would improve the tone of discourse on the forum even more to ban the use of the pejorative "racist".

Let's all agree, shall we?
What if someone is being an obvious "racist"? That is where it becomes an issue of not being able to use that word which describes what they are being. How else would one describe it?

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Jul 20

@kevcvs57 said
No rusty there’s too many letters and syllables and I would probably feel like a nincompoop using it, I need a one syllable word that I can spit out.
Do you understand it is not going to be allowed anymore?

-VR

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Jul 20

@divegeester said
That is a fine gesture, well done.

Edit, although I’m a little apprehensive about asking who your current one is and why? And I do still find your support of what most people see as terrorism to be a blot on your credibility.

But nevertheless it’s a pleasing move.
It's John Locke, espouser of Natural Rights and supporter of the idea that the People can resist government tyranny by force if need be.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 Jul 20

@no1marauder said
It's John Locke, espouser of Natural Rights and supporter of the idea that the People can resist government tyranny by force if need be.
He also said, 'There cannot be greater rudeness than to interrupt another in the current of his discourse.'

Apologies for the interruption...

Über-Nerd

Moves
09 Jul 20

@no1marauder said
People offended by John Locke can [expletive deleted] off.
Thanks for unLocking what might otherwise have become a log jam.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Jul 20

@moonbus said
Thanks for unLocking what might otherwise have become a log jam.
Might?....LOL....

-VR