How The Game is Played

How The Game is Played

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
16 Apr 21

@wildgrass said
Things are always changing, Joe. I still remember fondly the time I had to know where I was going before I even got in the car. Three short generations ago, our grandparents grew up without cars at all.

Things change. Its not a persuasive argument in and of itself. Everyone knows change exists. Try again.
So what changed. You are saying Biden needs to do,,,,whatever he is doing...at the border. "Things are always changing, Joe". OK, so tell us WHAT HAS CHANGED in the last few years that makes immigration different than it has been for generations.

WHAT has changed!?!?!?!? What? Why is a Biden new approach required now after the same thing has been going on for generations??????"

Prob the easiest questoin I have ever asked. I like to ask questions, totally different, than, say, Duchess, who wants us to listen to her.. ...classes??

w

Moves
16 Apr 21

@averagejoe1 said
So what changed. You are saying Biden needs to do,,,,whatever he is doing...at the border. "Things are always changing, Joe". OK, so tell us WHAT HAS CHANGED in the last few years that makes immigration different than it has been for generations.

WHAT has changed!?!?!?!? What? Why is a Biden new approach required now after the same thing has been going on f ...[text shortened]... o ask questions, totally different, than, say, Duchess, who wants us to listen to her.. ...classes??
Isn't the answer obvious? It's a refugee crisis, man. That changed. South America changed. Address the root problem.

Lake Como

Moves
16 Apr 21

@wildgrass said
Isn't the answer obvious? It's a refugee crisis, man. That changed. South America changed. Address the root problem.
Then, By your logic, we should be helping sub-saharan Africa? The five poorest countries in the world??? And what is the logic of our country, which is besieged itself from inside and out, expending its resources to aid another country??. South America has 500,000,000 people, and we have 330,000,000 people. Just the math alone defeats your argument. Google 'national debt clock',,,,see that we cannot even afford to feed our homeless or pay China what we owe them. Just how many people do you want to put in the life raft that is already full, which will of course cause all to perish!??!?

Liberals have absolutely no rationale. Next you will nationalize the Princess Cruise cruise ships and send them to Haiti to pick up a load of impoverished people...and bring them here. I think Shav once said to cut our military, to find money to pay for such follies. More foolish thought.

I figure you have not thought this through??? S America has a 'refugee crisis' and you want to bring it here, resulting in 'us' becoming 'them'? Yeah, right, common sense. 'South America Changed!!" Uhhh, are you aware that other countries are at this moment witnessing that 'The USA is Changing".??? We are having our own crisis, Wildgrass. And isn't it ironic, you mention 'refugee crisis' like it is theirs. The refugee crisis is now in our laps....what in the hell?!?

Don't forget to google the 'national debt clock'.

w

Moves
20 Apr 21

@averagejoe1 said
Then, By your logic, we should be helping sub-saharan Africa? The five poorest countries in the world??? And what is the logic of our country, which is besieged itself from inside and out, expending its resources to aid another country??. South America has 500,000,000 people, and we have 330,000,000 people. Just the math alone defeats your argument. Google 'national d ...[text shortened]... is is now in our laps....what in the hell?!?

Don't forget to google the 'national debt clock'.
Can we keep this on topic here. You're making absurd extrapolations about my logic. You know I didn't write that or imply that. Meanwhile you can't explain why you think we have an open border now, but not with the prior administration. If we are just going by the number of illegal aliens residing in our country, Obama did a better job than either of the two prior Republican administrations. If we are just going by the numbers, then, libs are tougher at the border than conservatives. Maybe you are just as happy listening to the rhetoric and ignoring the results?

I'm on your side on the wasted federal dollars, we only disagree about the cause and culprit. Conservatives, historically, do very good job of spending money they don't have.

Lake Como

Moves
21 Apr 21
1 edit

@wildgrass said
Can we keep this on topic here. You're making absurd extrapolations about my logic. You know I didn't write that or imply that. Meanwhile you can't explain why you think we have an open border now, but not with the prior administration. If we are just going by the number of illegal aliens residing in our country, Obama did a better job than either of the two prior Republica ...[text shortened]... cause and culprit. Conservatives, historically, do very good job of spending money they don't have.
“Libs are tougher at the border than the conservatives”. Holy smokes. I can only respond to that with the words of Trump, who was interviewed by Sean Hannity a couple of days ago. He said, Biden should’ve just left everything the way it was at the border when he became president. Everything would be a lot better now. So what do you think labout that? Because things are a lot worse now, than when Trump was there. You implied that things are better now with the constant 24 seven coverage of the hell down there, when none of this was being hell while Trump was there. I don’t even remember all of those silver space blankets laying in those squalor conditions when Trump was there. Get real

Lake Como

Moves
21 Apr 21

@wildgrass said
Can we keep this on topic here. You're making absurd extrapolations about my logic. You know I didn't write that or imply that. Meanwhile you can't explain why you think we have an open border now, but not with the prior administration. If we are just going by the number of illegal aliens residing in our country, Obama did a better job than either of the two prior Republica ...[text shortened]... cause and culprit. Conservatives, historically, do very good job of spending money they don't have.
Libs want open borders. There may not be a “Marauder Link” on it , but they do. You say they dont?!?

w

Moves
22 Apr 21
2 edits

@averagejoe1 said
“Libs are tougher at the border than the conservatives”. Holy smokes. I can only respond to that with the words of Trump, who was interviewed by Sean Hannity a couple of days ago. He said, Biden should’ve just left everything the way it was at the border when he became president. Everything would be a lot better now. So what do you think labout that? Because things are ...[text shortened]... all of those silver space blankets laying in those squalor conditions when Trump was there. Get real
"the words of Trump" eh? Joe, you're still fixated on words and not actions.

Things are not a lot worse now. For moral reasons, Biden made a decision not to deport unaccompanied kids. Yes, that has caused quite the pile up. But you keep coming around to the notion that Trump was better, and, other than his rhetoric, he most clearly was not. He is on the record saying that he didn't implement e-Verify because he wanted farmers to vote for him and they can't swing a profit without illegal labor. How The Game is Played.

We went down this road in the other thread. There are lots of references over there. Mott provided statistics from 2016 (Obama's tenure) and something about refugees but couldn't dig up anything of substance to show that Trump's immigration policy worked to ebb the tide of illegal immigration. In fact, I looked too and couldn't find anything either. If you compare it to Obama, things were worse during Trump's tenure.

We both recognize it's a problem. The difference is that you seem to care about the things people say more than what they accomplish.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
22 Apr 21

@wildgrass -
We both recognize it's a problem. The difference is that you seem to care about the things people say more than what they accomplish.

I am touched by the expression, although I don't at all believe that Joe is one such person that should be said to.

w

Moves
26 Apr 21

@earl-of-trumps said
@wildgrass -

I am touched by the expression, although I don't at all believe that Joe is one such person that should be said to.
Maybe you're right in other areas but read his posts here. Throughout this thread I've been asking for evidence that Joe Biden's an open borders guy but all I read in the replies is " I can only respond to that with the words of Trump". Direct Joe quote.

Words? The numbers don't appear to back the rhetoric on this. The GOP played the game by continuing to allow illegal immigration for the rural voters who depend on the labor and will vote Republican. The evidence seems to confirm that, in order to appease big business, the prior administration reversed many of the gains made by the Obama administration in reducing the illegal immigration population.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
26 Apr 21

@wildgrass said
Maybe you're right in other areas but read his posts here. Throughout this thread I've been asking for evidence that Joe Biden's an open borders guy but all I read in the replies is " I can only respond to that with the words of Trump". Direct Joe quote.

Words? The numbers don't appear to back the rhetoric on this. The GOP played the game by continuing to allow illegal i ...[text shortened]... d many of the gains made by the Obama administration in reducing the illegal immigration population.
Let me say this, Wildgrass...

When Trump was president, he made a deal with Obrador of Mexico not to allow the Caravans that start
in Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala etc. into Mexico, as that is illegal in the country of Mexico, and Obrador cooperated.

Then what happened... Biden is elected and there has been an open border in Mexico and the US ever since. Disgusting.

And yes, I blame Biden. He has his super gal, Harris, assigned to the "problem" at the border for some time now.
Do you know what she has done...? made appointments to visit Mexico and Guatemala soon. How sad is this.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Apr 21

@Earl-of-Trumps
You are SUCH a bastion of freedom. I guess YOU will volunteer to pick fruit when we won't allow Mex and central Americans in to do that work.

Sure, let fruit rot on the vines, we HATE brown skins coming into our pure whitey country.

Lake Como

Moves
26 Apr 21
1 edit

@sonhouse said
@Earl-of-Trumps
You are SUCH a bastion of freedom. I guess YOU will volunteer to pick fruit when we won't allow Mex and central Americans in to do that work.

Sure, let fruit rot on the vines, we HATE brown skins coming into our pure whitey country.
So here is Sonhouse, first he mentions picking of fruit.....Son, this has been going on just fine for decades, that is the environment of immigrants entering our county, in an area where there is lettuce to be picked. Everyone was happy, we happily allowed 1M people in . So, your comment is like saying the sky has been, and is, blue. WHAT IS YOUR POINT!!! SONHOUSE!?!?
Then , you say (gererally speaking, of course) that we hate brown skins, when we have a brown VP and had a brown president, twice. So what are you putting out here, Sonhouse. Fruit has not rotted on the vines up till now, but of course EVERYTING is about to change, let us just see how it goes.
Hey, you are right that Trump did try to have some type of control on who walks over the border.......NOT SO WITH BIDEN. Look at the news, Kamala created a comic book for mexican children saying "Welcome to Our Country". Should she not have at least gotten our legislators to approve giving our country away?\
YEAH I,am sort of into freedom.......Here is an example of how I seem to be losing my freedom..I have 6 daughters who all want to become nuns.... there will be no pregnancies. But, you and your friends ;have been telling me for years that I should pay for my neighbor Fred's daughter's abortion!!! What a laugh !!!! So tell me, if your govt tells me to do that, is it not taking away my freedoms???
AND YOU MAKE ME WORRIED THAT THEY WILL TELL ME OTHER THINGS THAT I HAVE TO DO. BUT IT HAS BEEN FINE FOR DECADES!!
i want to go to the investiture of my daughters as nuns, but the govt wants me to first pay Fred's bills????? Hahahahah Seriously, you sound like a loser when your champion these causes.
Come to think off it, I have never seen you use the words freedom or liberty. Nor the word opportunity, self reliance, or prosperity and so on. Sonhouse?

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
27 Apr 21
3 edits

@sonhouse said
@Earl-of-Trumps

Somebody has to set you straight, it might as well be me.

@1) I am for freedom, but I want people to obey the laws. The immigrants getting in *ILLEGALLY* is who
I complain about, not the ones that get in legally. Picking fruit (or not) hasn't got a fricking thing to do with it.
Next you'll be saying I am not for freedom because I will not let all the prisoners out, or allow street people to live in my home.

#2) If you wish to say that you HATE brown skins coming into "our pure whitey country", you can do that.
Just don't say "WE" because I am not a hater of BROWN skins, as you apparently are ("WE" )

You should be ashamed of yourself. Your racism is disgustingly extreme.

w

Moves
27 Apr 21

@earl-of-trumps said
Let me say this, Wildgrass...

When Trump was president, he made a deal with Obrador of Mexico not to allow the Caravans that start
in Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala etc. into Mexico, as that is illegal in the country of Mexico, and Obrador cooperated.

Then what happened... Biden is elected and there has been an open border in Mexico and the US ever since. Disgus ...[text shortened]... what she has done...? made appointments to visit Mexico and Guatemala soon. How sad is this.
Biden is elected and there has been an open border in Mexico and the US ever since. Disgusting.

That's a completely false narrative, unless you've changed the definition of "open". Who's telling you that? We have a regulated border with Mexico.

I think Trumps overall laser focus on the southern border actually hurt immigration policy in the long run. The number of illegal immigrants living in the US decreased in the last 4 years of Obama and then leveled off under the next administration. The reason for that seems to be a diverted attention away from interior deportations. I don't know why, but my guess is that the business interests got to Trump and asked him not to deport their labor force. Over half of farm labor is illegal.

Results not rhetoric.

Lake Como

Moves
27 Apr 21

@wildgrass said
"the words of Trump" eh? Joe, you're still fixated on words and not actions.

Things are not a lot worse now. For moral reasons, Biden made a decision not to deport unaccompanied kids. Yes, that has caused quite the pile up. But you keep coming around to the notion that Trump was better, and, other than his rhetoric, he most clearly was not. He is on the record saying tha ...[text shortened]... The difference is that you seem to care about the things people say more than what they accomplish.
A clarification... I simply said that i was agreeing with Trump’s comment. Yes, the words of Trump. I think that I said I can best answer that by repeating trumps comments, which are quite true in my opinion. Settle, Rover. 😕 As far as caring what people say versus what they accomplish, it is not too difficult to be more interested in what Trump accomplished. Ask Handy/, I sent him a list of 100 things that Trump accomplished. It was not about Trump. I don’t even like trump I think he was the greatest president we’ve had in sometime though. I think liberals have a hard time grasping the concept because you’re so emotional and so personal, when we are looking at an office not a person.
I hate it for y’all........