How The Game is Played

How The Game is Played

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Apr 21

@Earl-of-Trumps
How many elections were finished on the wrong side because of this alleged voter fraud?

I assume you figure there is no voter fraud as long as republicans win.

When dems win, MASSIVE VOTER FRAUD.

Flaming hypocrite.

w

Moves
13 Apr 21

@averagejoe1 said
Sorry, late getting back.
Clear the air for a moment. We are a sovereign nation, with borders. THERE CAN BE NO NATION IF THE NATION DOES NOT HAVE BORDERS. It follows that a nation is made up of citizens. It follows that the citizens, the OWNERS of the nation, have every right to decide who can come into this country, hopefully people of merit who will not FEED on ...[text shortened]... o, that logic should follow with your take on my queries above???? I BEG you to not go far afield.
Again, I don't know what you mean by open borders. Certainly in the US we have both legal and physical restrictions on migration by non-citizens. Are you talking about a hypothetical scenario? Why didn't you answer any of my questions on specific policy changes? Are there any?

Lake Como

Moves
13 Apr 21
1 edit

@wildgrass said
Again, I don't know what you mean by open borders. Certainly in the US we have both legal and physical restrictions on migration by non-citizens. Are you talking about a hypothetical scenario? Why didn't you answer any of my questions on specific policy changes? Are there any?
We both know that people who are not stopped, or who are not put into the proper immigration system to be approved, are then crossing over the border w
ithout any such action. Not if you would use common sense, that means that for those people, the border is open. Like a door is open you walk through the door to the other room.
It follows rhen, That President Biden has made this all much easier than it was with Trump. This is my explanation to you of a border that was not so open, and now it is. Apparently with Biden’s blessing, since he is doing nothing about it, and Kamala has not even been there . Whew. OK, you can takeoff on a tangent now and avoid what I just said.
We have all been satisfied with 1 million illegal immigrants each year’s . How many more do you think we ought to have, just curious

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Apr 21

@AverageJoe1
Tell me, what is wrong with immigration? Does the fact the US is BASED on immigration mean NOTHING to you?

What is going on here is you are still a Trumpite and always will be and therefore you have given up the ability to think for yourself.

And you will continue to do conspiracy theories till you die or maybe till your god king Trump is in prison.

But probably not even then since you would pronounce him a political martyr and send him even MORE money.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Apr 21

@earl-of-trumps said
@no1marauder -
They did not support an administration determined to reduce all immigration, legal or illegal,

-------------------------

Man can you tell some whipper lies. 🙄
Right wingers on this board continue the pathetic practice of calling people "liars" when they can easily prove their statements are factual.

"By next year, Donald Trump will have reduced legal immigration by 49% since becoming president."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2020/07/21/trump-cuts-legal-immigrants-by-half-and-hes-not-done-yet/?sh=65207f3e6168

If you want to know how he did so, read the rest of the article.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Apr 21

@averagejoe1 said
How about the policies that Trump had neatly in place. Why do Libs always want to change everything?
Trump got tossed out by the Citizens of the United States (the majority of whom must be "libs" by your reasoning). His policies were rejected.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Apr 21

@no1marauder
You seriously think Joe minimum would actually be caught dead reading something you posted?

Lake Como

Moves
13 Apr 21

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
Tell me, what is wrong with immigration? Does the fact the US is BASED on immigration mean NOTHING to you?

What is going on here is you are still a Trumpite and always will be and therefore you have given up the ability to think for yourself.

And you will continue to do conspiracy theories till you die or maybe till your god king Trump is in prison.

Bu ...[text shortened]... robably not even then since you would pronounce him a political martyr and send him even MORE money.
Your last 3 sentences. GAG.

I THINK WE SHOULD LET 1M people immigrate each year. We prob all do. There is nothing wrong with immigration. Has worked fine for over 100 years.....isnt it ironic that when AOC, and you, and Tlaib, and the girl with the hat, and Bernie and all of them arrived on the scene, it supposed to change now.
So, what do you want to happen, Sonhouse. And can you be coherent?

w

Moves
13 Apr 21

@averagejoe1 said
We both know that people who are not stopped, or who are not put into the proper immigration system to be approved, are then crossing over the border w
ithout any such action. Not if you would use common sense, that means that for those people, the border is open. Like a door is open you walk through the door to the other room.
It follows rhen, That President Biden ...[text shortened]... 1 million illegal immigrants each year’s . How many more do you think we ought to have, just curious
We both know that people who are not stopped, or who are not put into the proper immigration system to be approved, are then crossing over the border without any such action. Not if you would use common sense, that means that for those people, the border is open. Like a door is open you walk through the door to the other room.
I can't abide Joe. We both know that people sometimes get away with crimes. That means, for those people, crimes are allowed? Not at all.

We have a regulated border. There are people who walk across, but they are not 'approved' to do so. Apprehensions (meaning, door closed) are up during the Biden administration. Efforts so far seem to be focused on addressing root causes, rather than erecting an ineffective line of phalluses at the border.

Why are people coming and how do we get them to stop? One could argue that the recent surge was not caused by anything Biden did (which is, according to you, nothing) but was caused by the GOP's fake news message that we now have open borders because 'rah rah Democrats are bad and I'm playing for the other team'.

Meanwhile you don't seem to know what an open border is. You write about it a lot but it's a term that has a definition and you don't seem to be using the term correctly. As mentioned in the other thread, for all the blustering and bloviating about fully closing the border, the prior administration did no such thing. The number of illegal immigrants residing in the US, which went down in the Obama years, leveled out in the last 4 years. One of the primary causes is believed to be because the focus on border enforcement diverted attention away from internal enforcement and deportation. Since 50% of illegal immigrants come in legally and overstay, that's a huge blind spot.

Lake Como

Moves
13 Apr 21

@wildgrass said
We both know that people who are not stopped, or who are not put into the proper immigration system to be approved, are then crossing over the border without any such action. Not if you would use common sense, that means that for those people, the border is open. Like a door is open you walk through the door to the other room.
I can't abide Joe. We both know ...[text shortened]... deportation. Since 50% of illegal immigrants come in legally and overstay, that's a huge blind spot.
"rah rah dems are bad..." really sticks out. Do you think Biden is good, or is he bad about the hell at the border. Doesn't go there, Kamala thumbed her nose at him, hasnt been near it, for whatever reason. Just letting it fester? Yes, they are.
Do you think Biden is good, or bad, about the hell at the border? Do you think Trump had a good plan in place, as it was certainly better than it is now? Do you think Biden made it worse, telling all the aliens that they will be welcome when he is president? Do you think that was a good idea? A bad idea? What do you think about Biden's handling of the crisis at the border? You gonna defend it? 20,000 children?
One simple issue. what do you think. Your post above has some merit, it is an imperfect world, of course criminals can get in, but we can only discuss the big picture . I liked it before Biden opened it all up, and then went pretty much close to home up north somewhere. He needs Trump as an advisor?

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
13 Apr 21

@sonhouse said
@Earl-of-Trumps
How many elections were finished on the wrong side because of this alleged voter fraud?

I assume you figure there is no voter fraud as long as republicans win.

When dems win, MASSIVE VOTER FRAUD.

Flaming hypocrite.
🙂

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Apr 21

@AverageJoe1
So why do you continue to bitch about 'illegals' coming in?
Do you deny they want to work? And work at stuff us goody twoshoes whitey won't do?

Do YOU want to pick cotton or apples and the like?

What do you have against THAT?

Trump sure does. He screwed up LEGAL immigration so bad crops were rotting on the vines for lack of pickers.

But of course, nothing wrong with that, since that policy came from your god king Trump, right?

w

Moves
14 Apr 21
2 edits

@averagejoe1 said
"rah rah dems are bad..." really sticks out. Do you think Biden is good, or is he bad about the hell at the border. Doesn't go there, Kamala thumbed her nose at him, hasnt been near it, for whatever reason. Just letting it fester? Yes, they are.
Do you think Biden is good, or bad, about the hell at the border? Do you think Trump had a good plan in place, as it ...[text shortened]... t all up, and then went pretty much close to home up north somewhere. He needs Trump as an advisor?
Since you keep bringing him up, can you remind us the track record of the Trump administration on illegal immigration? Not the rhetoric, the record. What were the numbers?

I tried creating a thread about this and Mott jumped in with data intended to prove Trump was a closed borders guy. Only the data was from 2016, which was obviously an Obama-era success. Since 2016, the number of illegals in the US, which was decreasing, flattened out. That seems like a failure to me, honestly. Then Mott brought up the legal number of admitted refugees, which is tangentially important yet not relevant to open borders if you ask me. People can come through our border illegally (open borders) or legally (closed borders). Surely, if the prior administration was big on closed borders there'd be some evidence of success in limiting illegal immigration right? Where is it?

I dunno about Biden. Time will tell. I don't think the "open borders" fear mongering rhetoric helps solve the problem because immigrants listen to it and it's false. We don't have open borders. I don't know what to do about the kids. Something humane hopefully. It's tragic and I'm not going to place blame on Biden for an ongoing humanitarian crisis 3 months into his job. Fix the root problem.

Lake Como

Moves
14 Apr 21

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
So why do you continue to bitch about 'illegals' coming in?
Do you deny they want to work? And work at stuff us goody twoshoes whitey won't do?

Do YOU want to pick cotton or apples and the like?

What do you have against THAT?

Trump sure does. He screwed up LEGAL immigration so bad crops were rotting on the vines for lack of pickers.

But of course, nothing wrong with that, since that policy came from your god king Trump, right?
You are wrong, considering how things have gone for a hundred years. Just fine, don;'t you know. They pick our lettuce, we don't have to. We pay them, they send their money to Mex. Uh oh,,,,,,,was that a mistake to have let that happen?!???! Proably.
Hey, Sonhouse, if it aint broke, dont fix it/. Sit back, and think, truly, why is it ALL OF A SUDDEN, different. Why Sonhouse......why is it different?? Sleep on it .

Maybe, just , Maybe, it will hit you. What is different now, than the way things used to do be!?!!???!??!

Everybody, the Sonhouse is about to show us the Holy Grail!!!

But wait....we already know it!!!!

w

Moves
16 Apr 21

@averagejoe1 said
You are wrong, considering how things have gone for a hundred years. Just fine, don;'t you know. They pick our lettuce, we don't have to. We pay them, they send their money to Mex. Uh oh,,,,,,,was that a mistake to have let that happen?!???! Proably.
Hey, Sonhouse, if it aint broke, dont fix it/. Sit back, and think, truly, why is it ALL OF A SUDDEN, different. ...[text shortened]... verybody, the Sonhouse is about to show us the Holy Grail!!!

But wait....we already know it!!!!
Things are always changing, Joe. I still remember fondly the time I had to know where I was going before I even got in the car. Three short generations ago, our grandparents grew up without cars at all.

Things change. Its not a persuasive argument in and of itself. Everyone knows change exists. Try again.