How The Game is Played

How The Game is Played

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
22 Mar 21
4 edits

@averagejoe1 said
Factoid: Corporations here rely on cheap labor to make a lot of money. They WANT the migrants to come in. They pay $15 to migrants instead of $20 to our citizens. That is 25% less, so, 25% more profit to corps and shareholders!
Get this: It is about money. Corps love the Dam party, because their livelihoods are Subsidized By Illegal Immigration.... the raising of ...[text shortened]... s corps reap more profits, make more money? Are you contributing to the profits of the corporations?
I don't think you've done the blame game correctly here. E-Verify would have accomplished 100x for illegal immigration what the wall would, but it was a non-starter. For who? Republicans.

Which party calls corps "people"?
Which party is the one giving huge tax relief to corporations and shareholders?
Which party is the one giving tens of billions in direct cash payments from taxpayers to corporations who admit their labor force is >50% illegal?

Tell Republicans that you are are employing millions of illegal immigrants and what do they do? Give them more cash! More subsidies! More deregulation! It's not exactly a secret that most US farmers are illegal and have been for decades.

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
23 Mar 21

@wildgrass said
I don't think you've done the blame game correctly here. E-Verify would have accomplished 100x for illegal immigration what the wall would, but it was a non-starter. For who? Republicans.

Which party is the one giving tens of billions in direct cash payment ...[text shortened]... deregulation! It's not exactly a secret that most US farmers are illegal and have been for decades.
All due respect, Wildgrass, stipulating of course, that my post is on One simple issue, black and white, no re-cap needed.
So, the usual suspects shower us with innane posts, maybe an ad hominem here and there. Then, Zahlanzi bolts out with his take on a lot of weeds, flowery stuff. Then, he ruins it by the usual liberal gambit of adding superfluous stuff to the issue, mentioning, as he types away away on his Corporate-Made computer (do you like 'em, Zahl, or don't you?) some oatmeal about 'Overseas". You see how debates are difficult with the Zahlanzis. I was writing about lettuce farmers in Texas who get to pay peanuts and make more money, which in the end are subsidized by tax money in this country. In Texas. Overseas? You see how debates are difficult with the Zahlanzis.
So my question......What, in my post above, is the word or phrase that sets these other posters off, and I guess you too, which cause these off-issue responses? It is a fact, yet you all want to rearrange the facts or whatever? Curious indeed. You even mention republicans, and parties. That has nothing to do with the post. Help.
I am getting totally factual in my old-forum age, so no need to go emotional on me. Others may enjoy it!!!

w

Moves
23 Mar 21
1 edit

@averagejoe1 said
All due respect, Wildgrass, stipulating of course, that my post is on One simple issue, black and white, no re-cap needed.
So, the usual suspects shower us with innane posts, maybe an ad hominem here and there. Then, Zahlanzi bolts out with his take on a lot of weeds, flowery stuff. Then, he ruins it by the usual liberal gambit of adding superfluous stuff to the iss ...[text shortened]... tting totally factual in my old-forum age, so no need to go emotional on me. Others may enjoy it!!!
So my question......What, in my post above, is the word or phrase that sets these other posters off, and I guess you too, which cause these off-issue responses?
I already answered that question. You blamed Democrats. That's not factually accurate. You are highlighting an obvious problem but placing blame for that obvious problem on the wrong people and the wrong policies. Yes, immigrants are subsidized by taxpayers. But the corporations that employ illegal immigrants are subsidized too, and those subsidizes are enormous, and those subsidies are supported by conservatives (pro-business right?), and those subsidies are taxpayer-funded. Eliminate the corporate welfare subsidies and your problem goes away.

Moves
23 Mar 21

@wildgrass said

Which party is the one giving tens of billions in direct cash payment ...[text shortened]... deregulation! It's not exactly a secret that most US farmers are illegal and have been for decades.
This post, Sir...merits adulation.

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
23 Mar 21
3 edits

@wildgrass said

SCOTUS created this new moniker for Corporations, they are treated, yes, as people. Who knew.
People??? Forget people....You libs are about to call people 'Mankind' the way I'm seeing. We are all the same. Yeah, right. We, the Mankind! Creepy lot.
Middle class got great tax breaks under the previous president. You missed that, did you. Here is a link
https://www.atr.org/thanks-trump-median-household-income-highest-level-ever
Corps got breaks, too. Everybody was happy...UNNNTILLLL.......;
And, Which party is giving 'giving tens of billions' to all the parasites in our country, this week. 1400 pers person, including each person in household. You are losing it Wildgrass. Note my responses are stictly fact, do not want to align myself with emotional hale-baked whiners.

Didn't get your last non-basis paragraph. I only do facts.

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
23 Mar 21

@wolfe63 said
This post, Sir...merits adulation.
I don't think so,,,full of holes

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
24 Mar 21
1 edit

@wildgrass said
So my question......What, in my post above, is the word or phrase that sets these other posters off, and I guess you too, which cause these off-issue responses?
I already answered that question. You blamed Democrats. That's not factually accurate. You are highlighting an obvious problem but placing blame for that obvious problem on the wrong people and the wr ...[text shortened]... subsidies are taxpayer-funded. Eliminate the corporate welfare subsidies and your problem goes away.
Rail on. Econ 101. The Bonanza Lettuce Corp is 8 miles from the border. No matter the 'relationship' of a corp there with the govt, or with democrats, Corp will figure a way to grab the immigrants and give them $5/HR to pick lettuce. This is the crux of my post. I just thought I would let you fellers know that FACT, and that your uncle Mort is going to probably lose his job to an immigrant.
You truly do not know what is going on. Do i need to a do a new FACT thread on today's news>? No sooner have Biden's puppeteers gotten the $1.9T, then now want to print $3T more? Another 'Bill"?? Do you liberals not know economics? Do your children? They'd better. I was going to open a FACT thread about the gas prices, but I think we will hear from Suzianne about that.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Mar 21

@averagejoe1 said
Rail on. Econ 101. The Bonanza Lettuce Corp is 8 miles from the border. No matter the 'relationship' of a corp there with the govt, or with democrats, Corp will figure a way to grab the immigrants and give them $5/HR to pick lettuce. This is the crux of my post. I just thought I would let you fellers know that FACT, and that your uncle Mort is going to probably lose h ...[text shortened]... going to open a FACT thread about the gas prices, but I think we will hear from Suzianne about that.
Like Jeanine Pirro, your 'facts' are usually anything but.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Mar 21

@mott-the-hoople said
Americans dont want the jobs for pocket change, which is what illegal aliens cause. Not only in farming either.
Insulting the worker instead of the corporations that exploit them.

FAIL. Again.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
24 Mar 21

@suzianne said
Insulting the worker instead of the corporations that exploit them.

FAIL. Again.
Oh, man, could we ever bat that ball around the park. Like the workers don't exploit the cooperation?

Start a thread, I'll partake in that.

q

Moves
24 Mar 21

@averagejoe1 said
Factoid: Corporations here rely on cheap labor to make a lot of money. They WANT the migrants to come in. They pay $15 to migrants instead of $20 to our citizens. That is 25% less, so, 25% more profit to corps and shareholders!
Get this: It is about money. Corps love the Dam party, because their livelihoods are Subsidized By Illegal Immigration.... the raising of ...[text shortened]... s corps reap more profits, make more money? Are you contributing to the profits of the corporations?
We all benefit from cheaper goods. Low-skill immigrants who are willing to work for lower wages are a great thing and our immigration laws should encourage willing workers to come and help drive down costs.

w

Moves
24 Mar 21

@averagejoe1 said
Rail on. Econ 101. The Bonanza Lettuce Corp is 8 miles from the border. No matter the 'relationship' of a corp there with the govt, or with democrats, Corp will figure a way to grab the immigrants and give them $5/HR to pick lettuce. This is the crux of my post. I just thought I would let you fellers know that FACT, and that your uncle Mort is going to probably lose h ...[text shortened]... going to open a FACT thread about the gas prices, but I think we will hear from Suzianne about that.
Again, you are claiming the problem is a fact but mislabeling the cause. This problem was not caused by Democrats or liberals.

Republicans are the secure our borders party right? Is that a fact? People who care about this issue vote for Republicans because they campaign on border security? Then why do they continually abandon it while in office? The latest Republican administration talked about nationwide e-Verify on the campaign trail but when it came down to funding it and implementing it, they cut funding for the program hoping no one would notice. The problem, it seems, with e-Verify is that it works (unlike walls). Turn off the jobs magnet.

If you want to talk facts, you need to stop blaming libs and Dems. They're not the cause of this problem.

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
24 Mar 21
1 edit

@wildgrass said
Again, you are claiming the problem is a fact but mislabeling the cause. This problem was not caused by Democrats or liberals.

Republicans are the secure our borders party right? Is that a fact? People who care about this issue vote for Republicans because they campaign on border security? Then why do they continually abandon it while in office? The latest Republican adm ...[text shortened]... want to talk facts, you need to stop blaming libs and Dems. They're not the cause of this problem.
The problem 'was caused by"?? Somebody cut a funding program way back,,,what? Did you read my post? My post here is, once again, about the last 6o days where the PRESENT president....the President now, a Democrat,, since you just had to bring that up, has promised to the SAmericans that they may enter this country. The previous administration was far from that, wouldn't you say? Why don't you start a thread, Trump Was for Open Borders, lets see how that goes. Oh, be sure it is factual.
So, my FACT raised in this post is once again responded to by your bringing up extraneous facts about what was going on before Biden(a puppet) became president and began fulfilling his promise to open the gates and to keep them open. That is going on today, it started about 63 days ago, and you actually dance the liberal gambit and write about Republicans, and dare to state categorically that E-verify works, unlike walls. Is that a Fact!?!? Does it have anything to do with the post first-above?
You once again go off the issue. This may be a good thread for you to re-read the post, and respond......;to the post. Please don't use a person's post to vent your opinions and rewrite the issue, or rewrite the questions.

w

Moves
24 Mar 21

@averagejoe1 said
The problem 'was caused by"?? Somebody cut a funding program way back,,,what? Did you read my post? My post here is, once again, about the last 6o days where the PRESENT president....the President now, a Democrat,, since you just had to bring that up, has promised to the SAmericans that they may enter this country. The previous administration was far from that, wouldn't ...[text shortened]... ase don't use a person's post to vent your opinions and rewrite the issue, or rewrite the questions.
Yes, I see you're talking about promises again and not reality. Trump promised but never delivered. Now others' are trying to clean up the mess. The political game is played by convincing voters they're doing what they claim to be doing, even if they are not. Pay attention to the causes and look at the results if you want to know what really happens.

The cause of illegal immigration is gainful employment and it won't stop unless that piece of the puzzle is fixed.

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
25 Mar 21
2 edits

Everyone... I am pleading to you all. PLEASE make this a debate forum. See my post. Then, see the responses of this poster. He writes about Republicans, and 'who' began what?!!?? ....when these concepts are not germane to the subject of the post. I must have said one word that made him think of the previous administration or Republicans, when he knows full-well it regards today's presidential-approved border invasion. So, he flys off the handle on that. So, I explain that he should stay on issue. THEN, THEN, he writes this stuff about "Trump promised but never delivered'. (Trump was our previous president, but not relative here) Uhhh, what is that, Wildgrass? And what is this 'others cleaning up a mess'. Biden opening the flood gates? Do people read your stuff? Your stuff evades the issues, and the last 2 sentences make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Why don't you explain it by saying, uhhhh, Hitler was never a fan of football...THAT will really get us thinking!! There is no emoji for you.
I am really upset , you have ruined my perfect factual post. I forgive you, cause I want to read more erudite contemplative thought of the Wildgrass!!! I have forgotten, as has everyone who has become bored, what the post was, so I guess you win, you prevailed, you win the war of senselessness!!!
Start a thread. I will refresh everyone by staying on issue.

Note: He says I am 'talking about promises and not reality". I did??? Wildgrass, maybe you should be in the science forum?!?!?