Has a POTUS recount ever been completed?

Has a POTUS recount ever been completed?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
19 Nov 20

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
You still don't get it. If there are 99% counted and say there are 1 million votes, then there are 10,000 votes yet to count.

So if candidate A is up by 20,000 votes, can you figure the result of that election?

It is clear you and the rest of the Trumpite cult just want to delay delay and more delay, KNOWING they AND you are dead wrong, that a recount wi ...[text shortened]...
The reality is after Jan.20 Trump may get another 4 years but not as POTUS but as Prisoner 1958454.
No. I don't care about Trump. I just want recounts to test our election system. The more the better.

Nobody knows how much difference recounts will make. Those that claim they know are lying.

Australian cat

Australia

Moves
19 Nov 20

Georgia's recount has absolutely nothing to do with all the Trumped-up delusional fairytales. It's a parallel count because they're confirming the accuracy of a new computer system.

But I wouldn't expect any of the True Believers to understand this.

MB

Moves
20 Nov 20

@kewpie said
Georgia's recount has absolutely nothing to do with all the Trumped-up delusional fairytales. It's a parallel count because they're confirming the accuracy of a new computer system.

But I wouldn't expect any of the True Believers to understand this.
You cannot possibly know that. We will all know more after the Georgia recount is finished. Almost all recounts are a different number from the first count. What they will confirm is an expected inaccuracy.

The only thing in question is how much the inaccuracy will be. How much difference do you predict? If you know how much or little the difference will be impress us with your prediction. What number do you predict?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Nov 20

@metal-brain said
You cannot possibly know that. We will all know more after the Georgia recount is finished. Almost all recounts are a different number from the first count. What they will confirm is an expected inaccuracy.

The only thing in question is how much the inaccuracy will be. How much difference do you predict? If you know how much or little the difference will be impress us with your prediction. What number do you predict?
"No individual county showed a variation in margin larger than 0.73%, and the variation in margin in 103 of the state's 159 counties was less than 0.05%, a memo released with the results says."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/georgia-hand-tally-of-votes-is-complete-affirms-biden-lead/ar-BB1b9i9N?li=BBnb7Kz

Despite the fact that some counties missed counting up to 2500 votes because of human errors like not uploading memory cards, the final tally still showed Biden ahead by more than 12,000 votes out of about 5 million cast in Georgia.

This was a predictable result based on the numerous recounts that have occurred in the last few decades. Your constant refrain that no one could possibly have expected this small level of difference is patently false.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
20 Nov 20

@metal-brain said

You have your answer.
The Georgia recount is complete and Biden won it.

Accept defeat.

MB

Moves
20 Nov 20

@no1marauder said
"No individual county showed a variation in margin larger than 0.73%, and the variation in margin in 103 of the state's 159 counties was less than 0.05%, a memo released with the results says."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/georgia-hand-tally-of-votes-is-complete-affirms-biden-lead/ar-BB1b9i9N?li=BBnb7Kz

Despite the fact that some counties missed counting ...[text shortened]... t refrain that no one could possibly have expected this small level of difference is patently false.
What was the exact difference of votes?

"This was a predictable result based on the numerous recounts that have occurred in the last few decades. Your constant refrain that no one could possibly have expected this small level of difference is patently false."

You are still using flawed logic and you are also misleading. Nobody can predict how much fraud exists until there is a recount. You are misleading people here by saying recounts in general instead of "POTUS recounts" as I was very specific about. You have failed to cite "numerous" POTUS recounts. You only could find one and it changed the result.

One recount is not convincing evidence of anything. Now we have Georgia as well. That is progress.

Recounts should be mandatory every election cycle in at least one state. It is the only way to insure democracy. Voting machines can be hacked. If Trump was in the lead and Biden was asking for recounts you would agree. Put the shoe on the other foot. In 4 years things might be in reverse.

MB

Moves
20 Nov 20

@shavixmir said
You have your answer.
The Georgia recount is complete and Biden won it.

Accept defeat.
There is no defeat to accept. I voted for Howie Hawkins.
I don't like Trump and never have.

Nobody can always predict recount outcome. That is a fact I stand by. I never made any prediction. How can I be a loser if I have nothing to lose?

Accept you make faulty assumptions.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Nov 20

@metal-brain said
What was the exact difference of votes?

"This was a predictable result based on the numerous recounts that have occurred in the last few decades. Your constant refrain that no one could possibly have expected this small level of difference is patently false."

You are still using flawed logic and you are also misleading. Nobody can predict how much fraud exists until ...[text shortened]... for recounts you would agree. Put the shoe on the other foot. In 4 years things might be in reverse.
Your argument regarding "Presidential recounts" is BS. There is no difference between how the individual States conduct a recount for that office as opposed to any other office as I have already shown by citing the relevant State law. In fact, the recount in Georgia was done using a provision of that State's law mandating a hand audit of one Statewide race which the Georgia Secretary of State decided to use the Presidential one.

So no matter how many times you chirp that point, it remains nonsensical. The past results of numerous held recounts are just as applicable for predictive purposes to State reviews of Presidential elections as they are of State reviews of any other election. Your stubborn and ignorant insistence to the contrary reveals a lack of rational analysis.

MB

Moves
20 Nov 20

@no1marauder said
Your argument regarding "Presidential recounts" is BS. There is no difference between how the individual States conduct a recount for that office as opposed to any other office as I have already shown by citing the relevant State law. In fact, the recount in Georgia was done using a provision of that State's law mandating a hand audit of one Statewide race which the Georg ...[text shortened]... election. Your stubborn and ignorant insistence to the contrary reveals a lack of rational analysis.
You evaded my question.

What was the exact difference of votes? Furthermore, who did those votes change to? Not just Trump or Biden either. Were 3rd party candidates votes changed at all?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Nov 20
1 edit

@metal-brain said
You evaded my question.

What was the exact difference of votes? Furthermore, who did those votes change to? Not just Trump or Biden either. Were 3rd party candidates votes changed at all?
https://sos.ga.gov/index.php/elections/historic_first_statewide_audit_of_paper_ballots_upholds_result_of_presidential_race

Follow the links in the first paragraph where it says: "The results of the audit can be viewed HERE , HERE , and HERE."

Again, I don't feel required to do all your homework.

t

Garner, NC

Moves
20 Nov 20
1 edit

@metal-brain said
History is clearly a poor guide to determining the validity of elections. There have never been any POTUS recounts to expose any election fraud. Of course there is no evidence. Nobody has ever looked for any.

Shouldn't you all be grateful that Trump is giving you a chance to find out if something is there that nobody has ever looked for in the history of the USA? Besides, if he is wrong you get to ridicule him some more. It is a win/win situation.
A recount cannot disprove election fraud, although it might prove it. Recounting the same fraudulent ballots a second time doesn't validate the entire election.

Since we know there is Medicare fraud, insider trading, blackmail, embezzlement, wire fraud, racketeering, accounting fraud, tax evasion, human trafficking, etc., it would be truly remarkable if elections were somehow the only important human endeavor that is incorruptible.

And since 1/3 of the US population has been persuaded that Trump is literally the next Hitler, it seems obvious that many would be willing to cheat to get him out of office, or at least to look the other way while it's happening.

I'm not claiming to have proved anything. But chances are, if you're reading this, you are not in a position to offer assurances that US elections are tamper proof either.

t

Garner, NC

Moves
20 Nov 20

@no1marauder said
https://sos.ga.gov/index.php/elections/historic_first_statewide_audit_of_paper_ballots_upholds_result_of_presidential_race

Follow the links in the first paragraph where it says: "The results of the audit can be viewed HERE , HERE , and HERE."

Again, I don't feel required to do all your homework.
To call that process an "audit" is truly Orwellian.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
20 Nov 20

@techsouth said
A recount cannot disprove election fraud, although it might prove it. Recounting the same fraudulent ballots a second time doesn't validate the entire election.

Since we know there is Medicare fraud, insider trading, blackmail, embezzlement, wire fraud, racketeering, accounting fraud, tax evasion, human trafficking, etc., it would be truly remarkable if elections were s ...[text shortened]... ading this, you are not in a position to offer assurances that US elections are tamper proof either.
None of it matters anyway. Biden won and there is no onus on anyone to disprove the groundless accusations coming from the losers.

t

Garner, NC

Moves
20 Nov 20

@kevcvs57 said
None of it matters anyway. Biden won and there is no onus on anyone to disprove the groundless accusations coming from the losers.
There are two benefits of democratic elections. (1): People have a say in government and (2): When elections appear fair, the losing side can peacefully accept the results.

The results of this election could be changed by strategically reassigning as few as 22,000 votes combined in 3 swing states. There were some very troublesome observations that have been made in the last 24 hours. As an individual citizen, I can do nothing. I can't personally audit voter rolls nor can I personally demand detailed answers to some of the anomalous data.

I can't prove CNN is lying every time I suspect they're lying, but I can, in general prove they're blatantly dishonest and thus not a reliable source of information.

The "right" in America is being asked to accept the results of an election that stinks to high heaven based on assurances from the media that routinely lies. We can do better than this.

If we want election results to be accepted peacefully, we should take more seriously both the fairness and the appearance of fairness in the process.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
20 Nov 20

@techsouth said
There are two benefits of democratic elections. (1): People have a say in government and (2): When elections appear fair, the losing side can peacefully accept the results.

The results of this election could be changed by strategically reassigning as few as 22,000 votes combined in 3 swing states. There were some very troublesome observations that have been made in the ...[text shortened]... ully, we should take more seriously both the fairness and the appearance of fairness in the process.
There is absolutely no difference in this election compared to any other election in terms of transparency or incidence of fraud.
The only difference is the lying cheating narcissist in the White House who stated for everyone to hear that he would only accept the result if he won. The fact the alt right in America are threatening violence should have no impact on the result. It’s the job of the USAs armed forces to defend the nation from its enemies, internal and external. If the right want to try and overthrow a democratically elected government then they should be prepared to deal with those armed forces.
The incoming administration do not have to prove that they did not defraud the election, the outgoing one has to prove they did.
The alt rights hurt feelings are not part of the equation.