1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 14:40
    @metal-brain said
    I know that the Moon isn't made of green cheese.

Are you claiming an election cannot possibly be rigged to be more than 14,000 votes apart? How did Saddam Hussein get 94% of the vote in a Sunni minority nation? Are you claiming that the Shiite vast majority liked Saddam and voted for him?
    The election procedures in the US are slightly different from those that existed in Saddam's Iraq.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 14:43
    @no1marauder said
    The election procedures in the US are slightly different from those that existed in Saddam's Iraq.
    How were they different? Be specific.

Different doesn't prove anything unless you can prove a flaw in that different system. Venezuela's elections are different than ours too, their election system is superior to ours. Jimmy Carter said so. He called it "the best in the world".
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 15:01
    @metal-brain said
    I know that the Moon isn't made of green cheese.

Are you claiming an election cannot possibly be rigged to be more than 14,000 votes apart? How did Saddam Hussein get 94% of the vote in a Sunni minority nation? Are you claiming that the Shiite vast majority liked Saddam and voted for him?
    How is a recount going to detect voter fraud?
    All it will do is confirm the original votes for each candidate or alter them along the lines of margins of error.
    Your getting a bit crazy I hope some idiot hasn’t spilt vodka on you.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 15:152 edits
    @kevcvs57 said
    How is a recount going to detect voter fraud?
    All it will do is confirm the original votes for each candidate or alter them along the lines of margins of error.
    Your getting a bit crazy I hope some idiot hasn’t spilt vodka on you.
    It depends on the details of the recount process? Lets says they decide to hand count paper ballots eliminating the intermediary scanning process. If a systematic error was present in the digital step, it wont be present in the recount pending the paper ballots have been stored securely in the mean time.

The fact that scenario was too far of a cognitive leap for you is disturbing to say the least...

Watch the video linked. his is a straightforward analysis of votes cast in Michigan. A systematic error seems to be clearly present.

YouTube
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 15:37
    You can actually watch the Gwinnett County hand audit live (no sound): https://www.gwinnettcounty.com/web/gwinnett/Departments/Elections

Not thrilling TV, but it shows how transparent the process is.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 15:41
    @joe-shmo said
    It depends on the details of the recount process? Lets says they decide to hand count paper ballots eliminating the intermediary scanning process. If a systematic error was present in the digital step, it wont be present in the recount pending the paper ballots have been stored securely in the mean time.

The fact that scenario was too far of a cognitive leap for you is disturbing to say the least...
    I mean sure if you really think there is some systemic and deliberate miscounting being done by the machines.

That's something that a hand count recount has never uncovered.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 15:421 edit
    @joe-shmo said

So your saying that there is a fighting chance that a machine decided to only count Biden votes or translate Trump votes into Biden votes to the tune of 14,000+ votes?
    Perhaps if you reread my post and then google ‘margins of error’ you won’t be quite so disturbed. But I’m not holding my breath for an undisturbed Trump fan.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 15:471 edit
    @no1marauder said
    I mean sure if you really think there is some systemic and deliberate miscounting being done by the machines.

That's something that a hand count recount has never uncovered.
    The fact that a hand recount could closely match what we "believe" to be original ballots doesn't necessarily help directly uncover fraud. Perhaps the original ballots have been replaced with the machines ballots. Lets say they do the hand count and come up with what the digital process produced. The votes themselves are not what is indicative of fraud. It is the synthetic mathematical patterns in voting showing up that are what is important here.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 15:521 edit
    @joe-shmo said
    The fact that a hand recount could closely match what we "believe" to be original ballots doesn't necessarily help directly uncover fraud. Perhaps the original ballots have been replaced with the machines ballots. Lets say they do the hand count and come up with what the digital process produced. The votes themselves are not what is indicative of fraud. It is the synthetic mathematical patterns in voting showing up that are what is important here.
    I'm sure whatever the hand count audit turns up, you'll be here to tell us that "synthetic mathematical patterns" prove that Trump really won.

There's no such thing as "machine ballots"; machines aren't allowed to vote in any State in the US.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 15:56
    @no1marauder said
    I'm sure whatever the hand count audit turns up, you'll be here to tell us that "synthetic mathematical patterns" prove that Trump really won.
    If they show up ( like the apparently have thus far in Michigan) , they would strongly imply systematic error. I'd imagine that would be enough to warrant a full scale investigation of the election in its entirety.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 15:591 edit
    @no1marauder said

There's no such thing as "machine ballots"; machines aren't allowed to vote in any State in the US.
    Yes there are, once they go into the machine they can be processed with an algorithm. A digital "copy " is created, it can easily be and altered image. This isn't rocket science.

In the video I linked they discuss how absurd it was that the digital voting record was destroyed. They are a concomitant methods of election process at virtually no charge.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 16:03
    @joe-shmo said
    If they show up ( like the apparently have thus far in Michigan) , they would strongly imply systematic error. I'd imagine that would be enough to warrant a full scale investigation of the election in its entirety.
    Is this the same type of mathematical algorithm that led you to conclude the US would have a grand total of 40,000 COVID deaths?

Sorry, but Trumpian conspiracy theories aren't going to lead to any "full scale investigation of the election in its entirety" in the way you desire i.e. to overturn the expressed will of the American People and give the Clown in Chief another term.
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 16:04
    @joe-shmo said
    So like your cheat in chief you will not accept the election result unless it gives that scumbag another four years.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 16:09
    @joe-shmo said
    Yes there are, once they go into the machine they can be processed with an algorithm. A digital "copy " is created, it can easily be and altered image. This isn't rocket science.

In the video I linked they discuss how absurd it was that the digital voting record was destroyed. They are a concomitant methods of election process at virtually no charge.
    I know of no vote counting machines that create "digital copies"; the ballots being hand counted in Georgia are the originals filled out by the voters themselves. That's the very reason hand ballots are used; to create an actual paper trail. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/an-expert-on-voting-machines-explains-how-they-work/
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 16:11
    @kevcvs57 said
    So like your cheat in chief you will not accept the election result unless it gives that scumbag another four years.
    However, the results where the Republicans kept their Senate majority (so far) or gained seats in the House of Representatives were completely free of any hint of electoral fraud!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree