Has a POTUS recount ever been completed?

Has a POTUS recount ever been completed?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Garner, NC

Moves
20 Nov 20

@kevcvs57 said
I’ve seen it and CNN are right it was absolutely bananas, one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen.
Are you saying that national media outlets should be made to cover this mixture of blatant lies and off the wall conspiracy theories for the good of democracy?
Is this how far the right have come in their inexorable march toward an Alt Universe?
Okay, again the "bananas" thing is an opinion.

But there are different possible narratives.

1. CNN (and others) did not want to show the press conference because they thought it wasn't true enough to warrant coverage.
2. CNN didn't want to show the press conference because they were concerned with the safety of the republic.
3. CNN didn't want to show the press conference because they didn't want people to hear the strongest arguments for Trump (they'd rather present their own straw-men arguments and debunk them, or present the weakest arguments from the 70 million or so that prefer Trump and debunk them).

Each of these three narratives seems internally consistent with a possible reality. But consider #1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we still see professional wrestling on TV? It seems hard to believe CNN would forgo showing the most interesting news event of the day out of some integrity for truth. And they've put forth lies about Trump endlessly for 4 years (e.g. Charlottesville Hoax).

Consider #2. Again, we have the Charlottesville Hoax which was very damaging to race relations in the US (and an obvious lie to anyone who cares to investigate). If they were concerned about the health of the republic, you'd expect them to silence people such as Hillary who still persist in their stance that the 2016 election was fraudulent.

#3: I'm sure this sounds ludacris to you, but I've been red-pilled in regards to the media. To me it sounds the most plausible of the 3.

But hey, I admit there are limits to what I can know for sure. I hope you have the humility to realize that's the case for you as well.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Nov 20
1 edit

@techsouth said
Thanks. I will attempt to digest this and determine why I am not seeing it on any graphs. Based on this, there should be a ~110,000 vote drop for Biden and it should show up on any correct graph and be consistent with the final numbers.
The graph you cited was posted on the 538 blog at 9:17 AM on November 4th. There is no sharp increase for Biden before about 6:30 AM AFTER Decision Desk HQ had already corrected their count. So the graph doesn't reflect the error at all either in showing Biden suddenly closing to within 70,000 votes right after 5 am nor having his count fall afterward. The comment pursuant to the graph is as follows:

GEOFFREY SKELLEY

"NOV. 4, 9:17 AM

Another batch of around 50,000 Michigan votes just came in from heavily Democratic Wayne County (Detroit), and they have now put Biden in the lead by 7,000 votes, or 0.1 points. But that lead could yet grow because Wayne still has only reported 70 percent of its expected vote, according to ABC News. It is the main place where votes are left to report in Michigan."

Followed by the graph referenced.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2020-election-results-coverage/

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Nov 20

Georgia has now certified Biden as the winner of that State's vote. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ga-gov-certifies-election-but-says-door-open-for-trump-challenges/ar-BB1bdFHb?li=BB141NW3

Trump can and probably will demand another recount, this one a machine recount as required by State law. The chances it will reverse the more than 12,000 vote margin found by the hand audit are zero.

MB

Moves
21 Nov 20

@no1marauder said
https://sos.ga.gov/index.php/elections/historic_first_statewide_audit_of_paper_ballots_upholds_result_of_presidential_race

Follow the links in the first paragraph where it says: "The results of the audit can be viewed HERE , HERE , and HERE."

Again, I don't feel required to do all your homework.
You claimed no more than a few hundred votes would change.
You were wrong.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Nov 20

@metal-brain said
You claimed no more than a few hundred votes would change.
You were wrong.
I made no such claim.

See my "Moon is made of green cheese" analogy on page 1 of this thread.

I did say that no recount was going to reverse the results of an election in the US where one candidate led the other by about 14,000 votes. It didn't and didn't come close to despite the fact that four Republican counties messed up and didn't count all their votes because they forgot to upload some memory cards. Once they did so, the final hand count varied from the machine count by about 500 out of about 5 million votes cast.

MB

Moves
22 Nov 20

@no1marauder said
I made no such claim.

See my "Moon is made of green cheese" analogy on page 1 of this thread.

I did say that no recount was going to reverse the results of an election in the US where one candidate led the other by about 14,000 votes. It didn't and didn't come close to despite the fact that four Republican counties messed up and didn't count all their votes because ...[text shortened]... , the final hand count varied from the machine count by about 500 out of about 5 million votes cast.
That is based on past history which is not relevant to how much fraud is possible later. With an increase in mail in voting that could change.
The bipartisan 2005 report of the Commission on Federal Election Reform, chaired by former President Jimmy Carter and former Secretary of State James Baker III concluded "Absentee ballots remain the largest source of potential voter fraud".

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/04/24/28_million_mail-in_ballots_went_missing_in_last_four_elections_143033.html#!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/heed-jimmy-carter-on-the-danger-of-mail-in-voting-11586557667

Australia

Moves
22 Nov 20
1 edit

@metal-brain said
That is based on past history which is not relevant to how much fraud is possible later. With an increase in mail in voting that could change.
The bipartisan 2005 report of the Commission on Federal Election Reform, chaired by former President Jimmy Carter and former Secretary of State James Baker III concluded "Absentee ballots remain the largest source of potential vot ...[text shortened]... html#!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/heed-jimmy-carter-on-the-danger-of-mail-in-voting-11586557667
Postal votes (like your mail-ins) are used widely around the world without fraud problems. Is there something inherently wrong with Americans that they can't do such a simple thing?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Nov 20

@Kewpie
You have to understand how deeply hypnotized they are by Trump.
They believe EVERYTHING TRUMP says.

If TRUMP says the sky is green, they will go out telling that to the world REGARDLESS of any truth.

That is the simple truth of the matter.

They are DEEPLY conned by a would be dictator.

And they don't even know it.

Just like Hitler in what, 1933 or so?

They give up the right to think for themselves and when you call them out on that simple fact they totally deny it and spew out NOBODY thinks for ME.

But then they continue defending Trump, and when you mention the atrocities of Trump like ripping infants from moms arms, they have a backup MO,

OBAMA BUILT THE CAGES.

So THAT makes it ok to put thousands of babies and children in those cages.

We build ZOO's too but we don't put children in them but that argument is totally lost on them because they are so deeply programmed by their god king Trump.

Australia

Moves
22 Nov 20

If Trump really wanted to be remembered for good stuff, it's easy. All he needs to do is a public appearance, widely streamed, telling his supporters it's time to heal the split in the American psyche, and throw out all the partisan stuff, and talk about what really made the United States of America the greatest country in the world, then challenge them to sit down with non-supporters and heal the rift to Make America Great Again. Then nominate Biden as his appointee, to do the chores in the White House, and ride off into the sunset amid the cheers of the populace.

I know, never gonna happen. 😢

MB

Moves
22 Nov 20

@kewpie said
Postal votes (like your mail-ins) are used widely around the world without fraud problems. Is there something inherently wrong with Americans that they can't do such a simple thing?
What is your source of information?

28 Million Mail-In Ballots Went Missing in Last Four Elections. Where did they go?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/04/24/28_million_mail-in_ballots_went_missing_in_last_four_elections_143033.html#!

No election is without fraud problems. Any amount of fraud is a problem.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
22 Nov 20

@metal-brain said
What is your source of information?

28 Million Mail-In Ballots Went Missing in Last Four Elections. Where did they go?

No election is without fraud problems. Any amount of fraud is a problem.
28 million votes did not go missing.

I don’t even need to research it. The number is ludicrous.

Anyhoo... just to swat you with facts, like slapping a lying fly with rolled up newspaper...

The EAC observed in response, those 28 million “missing” ballots were ones that were “neither returned undeliverable nor returned from voter” — in other words, ballots mailed out in multiple states over the course of four elections that were not marked and sent back. Declaring such ballots “missing” is, as many others noted, akin to declaring all the millions of Americans who don’t bother showing up at polling places each election (some 40 to 60% of the eligible voting population) as “missing”

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mail-in-ballots-missing/

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
22 Nov 20

@techsouth said

1. CNN (and others) did not want to show the press conference because they thought it wasn't true enough to warrant coverage.
2. CNN didn't want to show the press conference because they were concerned with the safety of the republic.
3. CNN didn't want to show the press conf ...[text shortened]... what I can know for sure. I hope you have the humility to realize that's the case for you as well.
#4 The legitimate media have finally figured out that they shouldn’t put ratings above the public good and they have decided that people like trump and his henchman should have their access to the airwaves restricted.
If the alt right conspiracy theorists want to hear them they have their own outlets only to happy pick up the rating figures.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
22 Nov 20
2 edits

@techsouth said

3. CNN didn't want to show the press conf ...[text shortened]... what I can know for sure. I hope you have the humility to realize that's the case for you as well.
Trump has used the MSM to gain free airtime with which he pours forth his blatant lies and the pro trump misinformation he gathers from the internet. He simply does not deserve to be legitimised and he never did. The fact that CNN and others lapped up the viewing figures whilst feigning shock and horror at every new piece of nonsense coming from Trump going all they back to the primaries is shameful. I hope they’ll leave Trumpism in the gutter where it belongs.

MB

Moves
23 Nov 20

@shavixmir said
28 million votes did not go missing.

I don’t even need to research it. The number is ludicrous.

Anyhoo... just to swat you with facts, like slapping a lying fly with rolled up newspaper...

The EAC observed in response, those 28 million “missing” ballots were ones that were “neither returned undeliverable nor returned from voter” — in other words, ballots mailed out ...[text shortened]... igible voting population) as “missing”

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mail-in-ballots-missing/
The bipartisan 2005 report of the Commission on Federal Election Reform, chaired by former President Jimmy Carter and former Secretary of State James Baker III concluded "Absentee ballots remain the largest source of potential voter fraud".

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
23 Nov 20

@metal-brain said

Did you notice their use of the word “potential” .