Derek Chauvin stabbed

Derek Chauvin stabbed

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
175d

@no1marauder said
"Banana Boy"?

What kind of racist slur is that?
You didn't know that? He bought a banana with a forged $20 note, such a genius, buy something cheap you get the change from the 20 in real money.

You want to turn that into racism, I think you need a mirror.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
175d

@wajoma said
OK then in your not so humble opinion did Banana boy resist arrest or not?

Did they have to tell him 8 times to show his hands, did they have to ask him out of the vehicle 8 times? What do you consider a reasonable number of requests?
You don't seem to understand that police are not allowed to use unreasonable and excessive force even to make a lawful arrest.

A real "libertarian" wouldn't have as much trouble grasping such a rudimentary concept (implicit in the idea of limited government) as you do.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
175d

@wajoma said
You didn't know that? He bought a banana with a forged $20 note, such a genius, buy something cheap you get the change from the 20 in real money.

You want to turn that into racism, I think you need a mirror.
Your information, assuming you actually believed it, is incorrect according to in-court testimony:

"The store clerk who accepted a $20 bill from George Floyd shortly before Floyd died in a confrontation with police says he immediately suspected the bill was counterfeit — and he says he offered to pay for Floyd's cigarettes himself.

"I thought that George didn't really know that it was a fake bill," Christopher Martin testified Wednesday about taking the $20 bill. "So I thought I'd be doing him a favor."

https://www.npr.org/sections/trial-over-killing-of-george-floyd/2021/03/31/983089623/watch-live-cashier-says-he-offered-to-pay-after-realizing-floyds-20-bill-was-fak

Interesting though that you would so easily accept such a clearly racist trope.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
175d
1 edit

@no1marauder said
Your information, assuming you actually believed it, is incorrect according to in-court testimony:

"The store clerk who accepted a $20 bill from George Floyd shortly before Floyd died in a confrontation with police says he immediately suspected the bill was counterfeit — and he says he offered to pay for Floyd's cigarettes himself.

"I thought that George didn ...[text shortened]... s-20-bill-was-fak

Interesting though that you would so easily accept such a clearly racist trope.
Check the vid of him wandering around with a banana in his hand inside the store, then pick up that mirror and have a good look at yourself. Maybe he was just straight out shop lifting the banana.

BTW what sort of pressure do you think the store owner was under to make that statement?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
175d

@wajoma said
Check the vid of him wandering around with a banana in his hand inside the store, then pick up that mirror and have a good look at yourself. Maybe he was just shop lifting the banana.
Why should I accept a video, which may have been altered or cropped, over sworn testimony by the clerk who actually waited on Floyd?

Just admit your foolish error.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
175d
1 edit

@no1marauder said
Why should I accept a video, which may have been altered or cropped, over sworn testimony by the clerk who actually waited on Floyd?

Just admit your foolish error.
Because given the coverage of Floyds OD if the store owner said anything disparaging about Floyd he would be risking his life and property. Under duress.

I'll stick with what my eyes see on an unaltered vid.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
175d

Here's the transcript of the 911 call: https://www.fox9.com/news/911-caller-said-man-tried-to-pay-with-fake-bills-appeared-drunk-before-george-floyds-death

"Caller: Um someone comes our store and give us fake
bills and we realize it before he left the store, and we ran
back outside, they was sitting on their car. We tell them
to give us their phone, put their (inaudible) thing back
and everything and he was also drunk and everything
and return to give us our cigarettes back and so he can,
so he can go home but he doesn’t want to do that, and
he’s sitting on his car cause he is awfully drunk and he’s
not in control of himself. "

"Operator: On 38th ST. So, this guy gave a counterfeit bill,
has your cigarettes, and he’s under the influence of
something?
Caller: Something like that, yes. He is not acting right"

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
175d

@wajoma said
Because given the coverage of Floyds OD if the store owner said anything disparaging about Floyd he would be risking his life and property. Under duress.

I'll stick with what my eyes see on an unaltered vid.
So a crackpot conspiracy theory over actual sworn testimony and the contemporaneous evidence of the 911 call.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
175d

@no1marauder said
Here's the transcript of the 911 call: https://www.fox9.com/news/911-caller-said-man-tried-to-pay-with-fake-bills-appeared-drunk-before-george-floyds-death

"Caller: Um someone comes our store and give us fake
bills and we realize it before he left the store, and we ran
back outside, they was sitting on their car. We tell them
to give us their phone, put their (ina ...[text shortened]... he’s under the influence of
something?
Caller: Something like that, yes. He is not acting right"
Ok that was the reason for the call but he was wandering around waving a banana around in the store, so banana boy is not a racist trope unless you, for your own personal reasons want to make it so. His race is immaterial to wandering around the store waving the banana about.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
175d

@wajoma said
Ok that was the reason for the call but he was wandering around waving a banana around in the store, so banana boy is not a racist trope unless you, for your own personal reasons want to make it so. His race is immaterial to wandering around the store waving the banana about.
OK, maybe you're stupid and don't know that calling a black man a "boy" is considered an offensive racial slur and coupling it with "banana" (suggesting ape-ish behavior) is even worse.

Maybe.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
175d
1 edit

@no1marauder said
OK, maybe you're stupid and don't know that calling a black man a "boy" is considered an offensive racial slur and coupling it with "banana" (suggesting ape-ish behavior) is even worse.

Maybe.
You're the one suggesting ape-ish no way I'm going near that one.

And I regularly use 'boy' right here on this message board.

Some one's looking for something to cry about.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
175d

@wajoma said
You're the one suggesting ape-ish no way I'm going near that one.

And I regularly use 'boy' right here on this message board.

Some one's looking for something to cry about.
If you regularly called black men "boy" to their face, you'd have a serious problem.

Hey, the internet makes people like you brave.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
175d

@no1marauder said
So a crackpot conspiracy theory over actual sworn testimony and the contemporaneous evidence of the 911 call.
Given the rioting that happened afterward, as a store owner that would be my first thought and concern.

Of course to you it'd never cross your mind, easy to brave it up on the internet right.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
175d

@jj-adams said
The police officer they railroaded to appease the Africans in America.
I am writing him to let him know he has a lot of people that support him and that we think he is being unjustly imprisoned.
I have his address if anyone wants it.
You right-wing loons with your right-wing propaganda with your right-wing resources.

Good grief.
Yes! The whole world is ganging up in you white, male, hetero incels… we’re all against you!

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Retard.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
175d

@wajoma said
Given the rioting that happened afterward, as a store owner that would be my first thought and concern.

Of course to you it'd never cross your mind, easy to brave it up on the internet right.
Not everyone is as willing as you to commit perjury. You're right; it wouldn't cross my mind.

It was a store clerk, not the owner BTW.