Biden's Higher Corporate Tax Rate

Biden's Higher Corporate Tax Rate

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
73d

@AverageJoe1
You clearly are ok with big corp finding every trick in the book to avoid taxes, if they paid ten percent it would be amazing but I doubt they pay FIVE percent total but of course for you big corp are SO empathic they ONLY think of the welfare of their employees so they ALWAYS plow tax gains into new businesses here in the US so we keep our international footing, right? Isn't that how they conduct their business?

Z

Moves
73d

@earl-of-trumps said
You're a numbnuts.

When Musk bought Twitter, it cost him $45Billion. But if he was taxed heavier all along he would not have that much $$

Meaning, if you let corporations keep their profits, **they get invested**

You need a lesson on reading and comprehension.
he is one dumbass, with too much bloody money, who went on an ego trip.

he didn't invest it, he transfered it to other billionaires.

he didn't even create jobs, he downsized left and right with no logic behind it.

higher taxation on upper income brackets promotes investment, because it would be done AFTER investments (maybe if i keep repeating that, though i doubt it, you numbnuts would get it). It makes the billionaire "use it or lose it". That is a much larger incentive to invest and "create jobs" than . Maybe an on-site daycare. Maybe higher wages. Maybe better working conditions. Rather than give it to the tax collector they would be investing in their business to directly help themselves at least somewhat.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
73d

@sonhouse
"You clearly are ok with big corp finding every trick in the book to avoid taxes, if they
paid ten percent it would be amazing but I doubt they pay FIVE percent total "
-------------------------

you know and I know that your DEMOCRATS and the Republicans have allowed this condition of loopholes
to exist for a long long time. But, do I believe all businesses are paying 5-10%??
Hell no but it makes you mad to believe it and you do look cute when you are mad!

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
73d
2 edits

@wildgrass said
Trickle down economics Earl? Come on, you know better.
Steve Jobs and Bill Gates spun this world on it's ear more so than by any other inventions in history of the Earth.
Entire industries were spun from their inventions, and a billion people today have good paying IT jobs.

Give me trickle down any time, Wild. People in this country have almost no idea how progressive America really is.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
73d

@earl-of-trumps said
Steve Jobs and Bill Gates spun this world on it's ear more so than by any other inventions in history of the Earth.
Entire industries were spun from their inventions, and a billion people today have good paying IT jobs.

Give me trickle down any time, Wild. People in this country have almost no idea how progressive America really is.
Steve Jobs' present opinions are unknown but Bill Gates' are:

"Bill Gates, a prominent figure in global philanthropy, has long championed the idea of taxing the super-wealthy more heavily. In a significant move, some of the world's most affluent individuals, led by Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, advocate for higher taxes on the ultra-rich. This call for fiscal reform resonates at the World Economic Forum in Davos and echoes across the globe as more than 250 wealthy individuals join the movement for change."

https://marketrealist.com/what-is-proud-to-pay-more-campaign/

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
73d

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
I guess you loved the Trump tax bribe, what, 2 tril less government money but they needed that money anyway and mysteriously the national debt went up two trill also.
So I guess you figure government money should come from the backs of workers so big pharm and big business can put their money into stock buy backs which is exactly what they did with the tax bri ...[text shortened]... ut of social security or medicare or the affordable care act, right? Who needs that BS stuff anyway.
your democrats wrote the tax code and your democrats don't seem anxious to "fix" the tax laws. Imagine that?

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
73d
2 edits

@zahlanzi said
he is one dumbass, with too much bloody money, who went on an ego trip.

he didn't invest it, he transfered it to other billionaires.

he didn't even create jobs, he downsized left and right with no logic behind it.

higher taxation on upper income brackets promotes investment, because it would be done AFTER investments (maybe if i keep repeating that, though i doub ...[text shortened]... x collector they would be investing in their business to directly help themselves at least somewhat.
Are you soft....? What is this supposed to mean??
"he didn't invest it, he transfered it to other billionaires." And what did they do with the $$$??

Is that transfer a gift?? explain this to me how they transfer their money to other business people, and what is done with it.

So Elon Musk makes $32Billion last year. WHO did he "transfer" that money to??

In realty Musk is - right now, building a huge business in Texas right now. *that* is big job creation.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
73d

@no1marauder said
Steve Jobs' present opinions are unknown but Bill Gates' are:

"Bill Gates, a prominent figure in global philanthropy, has long championed the idea of taxing the super-wealthy more heavily. In a significant move, some of the world's most affluent individuals, led by Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, advocate for higher taxes on the ultra-rich. This call for fiscal reform ...[text shortened]... uals join the movement for change."

https://marketrealist.com/what-is-proud-to-pay-more-campaign/
Nonplussed. Gates is entitled to his opinion.

And BTW, Gates is talking about rich people, not businesses.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
73d

@earl-of-trumps said
"he didn't invest it, he transfered it to other billionaires." And what did they do with the $$$??

Is that transfer a gift?? explain this to me how they transfer their money to other business people, and what is done with it.

So Elon Musk makes $32Billion last year. WHO did he "transfer" that money ...[text shortened]... realty Musk is - right now, building a huge business in Texas right now. *that* is big job creation.
You've got it backwards as usual:

". Despite the jobs lost during the recession, large
businesses generated 6.7 million net new jobs over the past 25 years.
During the same period, small businesses generated 12.9 million net new
jobs, meaning small businesses have accounted for 66 percent of
employment growth over the last 25 years.
"

https://advocacy.sba.gov/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Small-Business-Job-Creation-Fact-Sheet-Apr2022.pdf

More tax breaks for gazillionaires isn't what grows the economy; a vibrant customer base is.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
73d

@earl-of-trumps said
your democrats wrote the tax code and your democrats don't seem anxious to "fix" the tax laws. Imagine that?
It was the Republicans who initiated the Revenue Act of 1861 so that they could fund the army they were using to conquer the Democrats.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
73d

@earl-of-trumps said
Nonplussed. Gates is entitled to his opinion.

And BTW, Gates is talking about rich people, not businesses.
"Bill Gates, the Microsoft cofounder estimated to be worth about $86 billion (£54.2 billion), dismissed as "nonsense" the idea that corporation tax prevents innovation."

https://www.businessinsider.com/bill-gates-debunks-the-right-wing-idea-that-corporation-taxes-kill-innovation-2015-5

He directly says your argument is "nonsense".

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
73d

While it isn't directly relevant to corporation taxes, Gates supports ending the preferential tax treatment for capital gains:

"“I don’t see any reason to favor wealth over work the way we do today,” he wrote."

He also supports a more realistic estate tax which right wingers have gutted over the last few decades:

"Gates also said in Tuesday’s blog post that the U.S. should have a higher estate tax, which would affect the rich.

“A dynastic system where you can pass vast wealth along to your children is not good for anyone; the next generation doesn’t end up with the same incentive to work hard and contribute to the economy,” Gates said."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/03/bill-gates-americas-tax-system-is-not-fair.html

Z

Moves
73d

@earl-of-trumps said

So Elon Musk makes $32Billion last year. WHO did he "transfer" that money ...[text shortened]... realty Musk is - right now, building a huge business in Texas right now. *that* is big job creation.
"Is that transfer a gift?? explain this to me how they transfer their money to other business people, and what is done with it."
i didn't say it was a gift.

i was addressing the idiotic thought "oh no, if we tax billionaires they wouldn't invest".
transfering billions to change ownership of something isn't an investment. no jobs were created, no business growth. In the case of Musk the business actually shrunk and people were laid off because he is a moron. You have to look at what happens with the money and most end up in offshore accounts.

Billionaires don't invest because the taxes are favourable. That's a myth. They invest when there is a need for it. If Amazon wants to open another warehouse it will

However, if profits were taxed at 90%, AFTER INVESTMENTS (i keep repeating it because you're morons), at higher income brackets (i keep repeating this too because of the same reason) that will in fact incentivise more spending instead of letting it pile out in a scrooge mcduck pool.

If that money is going out of your pocket anyway you might give your workers a higher wage. Better benefits. Which in turn would mean walmart employees will not be on food stamps.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
73d
1 edit

@zahlanzi said
that will in fact incentivise more spending instead of letting it pile out in a scrooge mcduck pool.
zahlooney bamboozle, I've been telling you this for years, no billionaires fill their swimming pools with money and swim in it (allegorically) ala' scrooge McDuck big money cannot afford to sit still, the goobermints already gnawing at it with inflation, that money is always invested, it's always working, and if the rich folk don't do it themselves they hire someone to do it for them.

You heard about the Scrooge McDuck analogy from me, you're learning, that's great.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
73d

@wajoma said
zahlooney bamboozle, I've been telling you this for years, no billionaires fill their swimming pools with money and swim in it (allegorically) ala' scrooge McDuck big money cannot afford to sit still, the goobermints already gnawing at it with inflation, that money is always invested, it's always working, and if the rich folk don't do it themselves they hire someone to do it for them.

You heard about the Scrooge McDuck analogy from me, you're learning, that's great.
Inflation does not start with government. It starts with corporations increasing their profit margins by raping the consumer with higher prices.