Biden's Higher Corporate Tax Rate

Biden's Higher Corporate Tax Rate

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
75d

@zahlanzi said
yes, and debunked, plenty of times

only you gullible simpletons think that

it's so funny that you people think that you don't need minimum wages because they would naturally stabilize due to competition but you also think a big mac's price will just rise and rise due to tax increases on billionaires

also, and i can't believe i have to say this, i would pay 50 cents more for a burger if it meant poor people get fukin healthcare
Look ...Zahlanzi wrote about those pesky billionaires....I wonder what Billionaires have to do with the Zahlanzis of the world...Not Much!
And, Zahlanzi says that when costs go up for corporate goods, that they do NOT raise their prices. Implying that they just shrink their profits on purpose.
The ZHLAnzi said that. You can read it just above. Would I lie?

Lake Como

Moves
75d

@zahlanzi said
so what

what's your point?

it's 16 dollars because people are buying it. you think it will get to 30, out of spite even if people wouldn't afford it?

you think mcdonalds profit margin on a 16 dollar burger is 1 dollar?
The Forum is full of Biz graduates and experts. Suzy leads the way. everyone pay attention. Hey, check out Nvidia, Sue. Took a bog dip today.. Buy??

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
75d

Far from retaining their earnings from future investment, corporations have responded to the prior tax cut this way:

"But with $146.6 billion paid out in just the third quarter, the U.S. is still in line to post a record payout for 2023, according to Janus Henderson."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/u-s-stocks-on-course-for-record-dividends-in-2023-as-98-of-companies-hold-or-raise-payouts-in-the-third-quarter-d9255b27

And, of course, dividends, which get favorable tax treatment, go primarily to upper income individuals in the US.

Lake Como

Moves
75d

@earl-of-trumps said
Cut spending.

Here we are, the USA, that has a government that has the world's highest anual income of any government in the world.

And it's not enough??

My ass. let them cut things like the military, social programs.
There is no need for any social programs, except for one to take care of the truly destitute. The rest, including certain losers, need to go to work, be self reliant, dont have more kids than you can afford, decide to NOT be poor, such things as that . It ain't that hard.

Lake Como

Moves
75d

@kevcvs57 said
Hey dummy you obviously read the bit about tax cuts to lower level earners
Are you talking to your corporate masters because you’re obviously not talking to actual people.
Of course your corporate masters would like to pay less tax than you, private jets, yachts and high end Ho’s don’t come cheap you know
What has Joe Blow's jets and yachts and other toys got to do with you? What have you got to do with him?
Right. Now you get it. Nothing.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
75d

@averagejoe1 said
There is no need for any social programs, except for one to take care of the truly destitute. The rest, including certain losers, need to go to work, be self reliant, dont have more kids than you can afford, decide to NOT be poor, such things as that . It ain't that hard.
Yeah, just like when everybody all of a sudden got lazy in the 1930s and we had that world wide economic depression.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
75d

@no1marauder said
The corporate tax is a tax on profits; any money "invested" in capital goods like EVs is already deducted,

You need some ECO 101, Earl.
You're a numbnuts.

When Musk bought Twitter, it cost him $45Billion. But if he was taxed heavier all along he would not have that much $$

Meaning, if you let corporations keep their profits, **they get invested**

You need a lesson on reading and comprehension.

Lake Como

Moves
75d

@no1marauder said
Far from retaining their earnings from future investment, corporations have responded to the prior tax cut this way:

"But with $146.6 billion paid out in just the third quarter, the U.S. is still in line to post a record payout for 2023, according to Janus Henderson."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/u-s-stocks-on-course-for-record-dividends-in-2023-as-98-of-compan ...[text shortened]... e, dividends, which get favorable tax treatment, go primarily to upper income individuals in the US.
That is just one of the many reasons to be a high income individual. Or you can follow Shav's thinking, to see how many days off from work you can take. Or you can follow someone else's thinking and always be looking for that next higher-paying job, and move from wage to salary, and then commission, and get as rich as you would like to. This is the country to do it in, so you will have to move here.
It ain't that hard.
Or, throw darts at the Pub with Shav.

Lake Como

Moves
75d

@no1marauder said
Yeah, just like when everybody all of a sudden got lazy in the 1930s and we had that world wide economic depression.
Golly, everyone run to your history books.
Not me....I am running to tomorrow,.... when the sun comes up I am on it!!!

Or , take a trip along the beautiful coast with Shav!

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
75d

@averagejoe1 said
The Forum is full of Biz graduates and experts. Suzy leads the way. everyone pay attention. Hey, check out Nvidia, Sue. Took a bog dip today.. Buy??
I would buy, yes.

what a wild ride that stock has been on.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
75d
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
You're a numbnuts.

When Musk bought Twitter, it cost him $45Billion. But if he was taxed heavier all along he would not have that much $$

Meaning, if you let corporations keep their profits, **they get invested**

You need a lesson on reading and comprehension.
Right wingers are obnoxiously stupid.

What I said is 100% accurate; do you deny that?

So what if $45 billion of some rich guy's income went to other rich guys? What does that have to do with anything?

Twitter is no better than it was before Musk "invested" in it; in fact, it's arguably worse. And buying existing stuff isn't investment in an economic sense; investment in Economics means additions to the capital stock, not merely trading pieces of paper. https://open.lib.umn.edu/macroeconomics/chapter/14-3-investment-and-the-economy/#:~:text=Investment%20adds%20to%20the%20stock%20of%20capital%2C%20and,its%20productivity.%20Investment%20thus%20contributes%20to%20economic%20growth.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
75d

@averagejoe1 said
That is just one of the many reasons to be a high income individual. Or you can follow Shav's thinking, to see how many days off from work you can take. Or you can follow someone else's thinking and always be looking for that next higher-paying job, and move from wage to salary, and then commission, and get as rich as you would like to. This is the country to do it in, so you will have to move here.
It ain't that hard.
Or, throw darts at the Pub with Shav.
You don't want higher income individuals to "move here", remember? You bitched about Chinese and Indian immigrants even though they have higher than average income than the native born.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
75d

@no1marauder said
Right wingers are obnoxiously stupid.

What I said is 100% accurate; do you deny that?

So what if $45 billion of some rich guy's income went to other rich guys? What does that have to do with anything?
you still don't get it.

let us say you have many corporations contributing $500Billion to the government in taxes.
Now you raise taxes and the government gets $750Billion, an extra $250Billion.

The argument comes down to - who will spend that money more wisely, government or corporations?

Musk also decided to open an EV plant in Texas. Would he have if big gov had been taxing his companies at a high rate all along?

One way or the other, you liberals are determined to believe that the extra money that the government takes,
has no effect whatsoever on the economy, in your ongoing effort to prop up a wasteful, monopolistic government.

the government does not need more money, they need to CUT SPENDING.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
75d

@earl-of-trumps said
you still don't get it.

let us say you have many corporations contributing $500Billion to the government in taxes.
Now you raise taxes and the government gets $750Billion, an extra $250Billion.

The argument comes down to - who will spend that money more wisely, government or corporations?

Musk also decided to open an EV plant in Texas. Would he have if big go ...[text shortened]... opolistic government.

the government does not need more money, they need to CUT SPENDING.
I already showed that most corporate profits are simply plowed back to rich guys, who already have more money than they need.

Government spends money on many worthwhile things while morons like Musk chase more paper. And to the extent that corporations make actual Economic investments, they pay no taxes on the money spent for them.

Investment in Economics is based on consumer demand, not "trickle down". To the extent government spends its money wisely on social investments and other things that improve the average standard of living, it strengthens the economy. Merely letting a few build up gigantic fortunes doesn't accomplish that; how many hundreds of years of economic reality do you have to be shown to grasp that?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
75d
1 edit

@averagejoe1 said
What has Joe Blow's jets and yachts and other toys got to do with you? What have you got to do with him?
Right. Now you get it. Nothing.
If he’s buying them with what should have been his fair share of the tax burden it’s got everything to do with this average earnings tax payer you halfwitted turd
The poster I replied was pretending that Biden was increasing the tax burden for the average citizen but that was a lie, and your reply to me was a disingenuous diversion from my point.
Right winger and lying pos are basically interchangeable descriptions huh