1. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '23 09:35
    I would not like to see a united Ireland, when asked how far is it to the border most Dubliners would reply not far enough.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '23 11:52
    @catpower25 said
    I would not like to see a united Ireland, when asked how far is it to the border most Dubliners would reply not far enough.
    And yet you took your degree in “biology and biomedical science” in an English university.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    09 Jun '23 12:001 edit
    @catpower25 said
    I would imagine that attitude is largely due to there being a border in the first place.
    I’m sure most people on both sides of the border would like to see it dismantled, not all, but certainly most.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '23 12:05
    @kevcvs57 said
    I would imagine that attitude is largely due to there being a border in the first place.
    I’m sure most people on both sides of the border would like to see it dismantled, not all, but certainly most.
    yes you are right,it was meant as a joke,i reckon the older people would like to keep the status quo, but the under 40s not so much.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 03:45
    Until you realise that a united Ireland means having hard core protestant fanatics in your midsts.
    The Ian Paisleys of this world.

England created a monster. Best let them deal with it.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 09:08
    @catpower25 said
    yes you are right,it was meant as a joke,i reckon the older people would like to keep the status quo, but the under 40s not so much.
    A united Ireland would be a wonderful thing.

Is this something you personally want?
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 10:41
    @shavixmir said
    Until you realise that a united Ireland means having hard core protestant fanatics in your midsts.

Hm, I'm pretty sure Paisley's style of papist-hating has more to do with the Scots kirklets than with Cantaburgian catholicism.
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Jun '23 07:50
    @shavixmir said

Yes true 15th century England started it that’s why we cannot end it. Only the 21st century Irish can but before you take you clean Scottish hands to the hot air machine.
    You’d better check out the east Belfast phone book, lots of Macs in it. Paisley, now where is that name from. 🤔
    The only city in the UK with any real support for unionists and their paramilitaries is Glasgow, check out any old firm match and you’ll see the troubles at a football game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree