1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '23 07:41
    @jimmac said
    Wow, like so many you actually believe that, Just like magic, I could become a Woman. That is absurd. Whilst I believe that an active imagination is great, it should never get in the way of reality.
    And curious, whats this about Earl, not giving a damn. I suspect that you would claim I don't give a damn either. That is not true, but my saying so is unlikely to placate that. I simply do not believe in fairy tales, no pun intended.
    "Just like magic."

There is no "magic" involved in one's sense of self. You claim there is simply because they suffer from something you don't - gender dysphoria. This is not simple body dysmorphia. Do everyone a favor and go look these things up that you don't understand.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    05 May '23 08:17
    @zahlanzi said
    " Or are you of the belief that if someone believes that they are a cat, then agreeing with them will help them"
    Gender fluidity has been around for thousands of years and it has been documented. Someone believing they are a cat is not the same thing or that tired and old cliche "i identify as an apache attack helicopter"

"I believe that we all are what we are, accept th ...[text shortened]... 's not fair she is this fabulous in a sparkly dress and every single door in society is open to her"
    Again, relevance?? I am not saying bad things did not nor do not still happen, the world is full of nasty people, I am saying that believing their misguided beliefs is not the answer.
    I am absolutely sure that men have thought themselves to be woman for thousands of years, yes, so, that does not mean that they "were" woman.
    I do accept that a trans is a trans, what is not to accept.
    I watched Q+A in Australia and one person who's views I respected was a Trans. Each one is an individual and as everyone else I like or not based on what I see.
    And of course acceptance and tolerance is better than hatred and bigotry, very very few people would disagree, but these hate filled nutters "demanding" it is counter productive.

YouTube
    This is ABC Q+A so should be a safe watch. I do not expect anyone to bother.1hr 20min so I know I would not bother.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    05 May '23 08:24
    @suzianne said
    "Just like magic."

There is no "magic" involved in one's sense of self. You claim there is simply because they suffer from something you don't - gender dysphoria. This is not simple body dysmorphia. Do everyone a favor and go look these things up that you don't understand.
    I do and I have, Lets hope we come to the point that they do not "suffer", as many of them surely do. The problem is accepting peoples premise of "what" they are , does little to help. Accepting "who" they are, might.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 May '23 11:33
    @kevcvs57 said
    “ Regardless of the their motivation biology doesn’t change no matter what.”
    Yeah it definitely does, the tendency to change is one of the basic hallmarks of biology.
    No two biological individuals are exactly alike but you insist that we are all clones. Have you heard about evolution? One of its base drivers is the reality of random mutation / variation.
    Are you changing the subject from one's identification to biological mutation within one's life in a single generation? What genetic markers are you proposing have been altered in someone to turn who is either unhappy with who they are, so they want to be someone else, or what markers make them think they are someone other than the biological sex they were born to?
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    05 May '23 12:51
    @kellyjay said
    Are you changing the subject from one's identification to biological mutation within one's life in a single generation? What genetic markers are you proposing have been altered in someone to turn who is either unhappy with who they are, so they want to be someone else, or what markers make them think they are someone other than the biological sex they were born to?
    I’m trying to explain to an incredibly obtuse individual that the labels Man or Woman are far too simplistic and binary to encompass the diversity at birth of any human being. Clearly by your own model of uniform binary genders God / Nature is fallible. It’s actually not trans folk that are delusional KellyJay.
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    05 May '23 13:33
    @kevcvs57 said
    I’m trying to explain to an incredibly obtuse individual that the labels Man or Woman are far too simplistic and binary to encompass the diversity at birth of any human being. Clearly by your own model of uniform binary genders God / Nature is fallible. It’s actually not trans folk that are delusional KellyJay.
    Nature is fallible?? No its not, but the thinking beings that exist within its realm are, nature is simply what is, and a trans believing they are a Woman, is not a reality. And it is very simple for the vast majority of us, Man, Woman, simple, and I am fully aware that there are some people that are born in an indeterminate state. Those are the only for-instances that I would concede have a genuine claim to being party to making their own choice.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 May '23 14:001 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    Being insulting isn’t an argument, and if the only options are binary it is very a simplistic topic male or female. The one complicating things is you by attempting to inject things into the discussion that don’t alter the biological reality, but making the claim it does.

You are confusing what you want to see in nature with how nature really is. Men cannot get pregnant among other biological differences between the two sex’s. If you don’t want to acknowledge reality and instead make it up as you want, it is nothing but imagination and delusions for you, being willfully blind.

If you can’t accept what is in front of you the contradictions will be painfully obvious you have left reality for delusions.
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 May '23 17:14
    @kevcvs57 said
    LOL...beyond help
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '23 18:51
    @jimmac said
    I do and I have, Lets hope we come to the point that they do not "suffer", as many of them surely do. The problem is accepting peoples premise of "what" they are , does little to help. Accepting "who" they are, might.
    Thus, mind over body. That's what I said.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '23 18:55
    @kellyjay said
    Being insulting isn’t an argument, and if the only options are binary it is very a simplistic topic male or female. The one complicating things is you by attempting to inject things into the discussion that don’t alter the biological reality, but making the claim it does.

You are confusing what you want to see in nature with how nature really is. Men cannot get pregnant ...[text shortened]... is in front of you the contradictions will be painfully obvious you have left reality for delusions.
    Never studied psychology, have you?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '23 18:59
    @jimmac said
    Nature is fallible?? No its not, but the thinking beings that exist within its realm are, nature is simply what is, and a trans believing they are a Woman, is not a reality. And it is very simple for the vast majority of us, Man, Woman, simple, and I am fully aware that there are some people that are born in an indeterminate state. Those are the only for-instances that I would concede have a genuine claim to being party to making their own choice.
    And you giving short shrift to the very real concept of gender dysphoria doesn't help.

This is like a person with a working pancreas telling a diabetic that diabetes doesn't exist.

Or a man telling a woman that she doesn't need an abortion.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '23 19:04
    @jimmac said
    Again, relevance?? I am not saying bad things did not nor do not still happen, the world is full of nasty people, I am saying that believing their misguided beliefs is not the answer.
    I am absolutely sure that men have thought themselves to be woman for thousands of years, yes, so, that does not mean that they "were" woman.
    I do accept that a trans is a trans, what is not ...[text shortened]... so should be a safe watch. I do not expect anyone to bother.1hr 20min so I know I would not bother.
    Is a disabled person requesting (or in your view, "demanding" ) wheelchair access "counter-productive", or "unacceptable", or "nasty" to you?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '23 19:26
    @kellyjay said
    Being insulting isn’t an argument
    And yet it’s your go-to tactic in the spirituality forum when you’re in an intellectual pinch.
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    05 May '23 23:17
    @suzianne said
    Is a disabled person requesting (or in your view, "demanding" ) wheelchair access "counter-productive", or "unacceptable", or "nasty" to you?
    I do not believe that "anyone" has the right to "demand" anything of anyone else. I do believe that society has an obligation to help people, for all sort of common sense reasons. But, the trans movement is not simply seeking acceptance of "their" "self", and they are not simply "demanding" that we accept their life choice, they are demanding that "we" embrace it as a way of life for "ourselves". And its all about how you ask for help that may make such requests counter-productive,etc. No probs championing "your" cause, but do not insist that "we" must embrace it. That is where one crosses the line.
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    06 May '23 00:13
    @suzianne said
    I am a woman because in my head I am a woman.

I just so happened to be lucky to be born in the right body.

Some are not so lucky, but you simply don't give a damn. They make you uncomfortable, and so how dare they make you uncomfortable.

Suzieanne, can you *prove* you're a woman. Please define 'woman'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree