Batman

Standard membermchill
Culture 26 Apr '22 01:55
  1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    26 Apr '22 01:55
    Just viewed it in the theatre last weekend. This is not normally my kind of film, but I'd give it an 8.5 / 10. Better than I anticipated. Robert Pattinson did a fine job as did Zoe Kravitz. Dark adventure with just the right amount of humor. 🙂
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    26 Apr '22 02:131 edit

Removed by poster

3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    26 Apr '22 05:36
    I absolutely loved Zoe, I hope to see her in more films. Rob Pattinson was good as well.

That said, I didn't like the film. It didn't feel like a Batman movie. You could've made this a detective film featuring any other character and it wouldn't have changed the movie.

Batman acted like kind of an idiot, and lacked his trademark stealth and tactical prowess the character has become known for. For example: in his very first scene, he's walking up a flight a of stairs, boots clacking loudly enough that a gang of people laughing can hear him coming, before just standing there in plain sight. So much for swooping in the shadows and catching bad guys off guard.

In another scene, he knows a bomb is about to blow up; does he run? Does he dodge? No, he stands right in front of the bomb and gets knocked out. His face isn't even covered; if that were real, the exposed part of his face would've been blown clean off. After decades of films showing in great detail what a brilliant crime fighter he is, he does some remarkably stupid things.

All of that I wouldn't have minded if the movie wasn't so boring. Me and my wife walked out of the movie after about two hours, during the chase scene.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Apr '22 11:24
    @mchill said
    Just viewed it in the theatre last weekend. This is not normally my kind of film, but I'd give it an 8.5 / 10. Better than I anticipated. Robert Pattinson did a fine job as did Zoe Kravitz. Dark adventure with just the right amount of humor. 🙂
    It could have been so much better...
    YouTube

Reveal Hidden Content
    I actually really enjoyed the film - I thought Robert Pattinson was way better than anyone expected too.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '22 20:04
    @russ said
    It could have been so much better...
    [youtube]6B90ic2iKDo[/youtube]

Hidden content removed
    Awesome.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    17 Jun '22 00:471 edit
  7. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    21 Jul '22 21:00
    @athousandyoung said
    Hidden content removed
    Mr. Wayne, we've been trying to reach you concerning your vehicle warranty.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree