1. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 22:33
    So, the final installment of the Phase 3 in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is out. After the tour de force that was Infinity War, this is a completely different take on a super hero movie.

I've watched it twice. Once on Wednesday and again today and I have to admit that it's amazing. Straight up. If you know the other movies there are so many Easter Eggs, references and even scenes that will increase your enjoyment.

I think it's too early to spoil but here's a thread to start the most expected movie in 2019.

9,5/10 - there's a pacing issue at times, though, it's better the second time, so I guess it's not too important. And there's a plot issue I really, really don't like.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '19 13:21
    Thanks for not throwing out spoilers. I plan to see this sometime this weekend.
  3. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    29 Apr '19 08:02
    @suzianne said
    Thanks for not throwing out spoilers. I plan to see this sometime this weekend.
    Did you get to watch it?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 02:43
    @lundos said
    Did you get to watch it?
    No, I did not. I was busy this weekend with some renovation work on my house. The plan has shifted to next weekend. I wanted to see this ever since I went to see Captain Marvel. Only a week late, but hopefully the crowds may have diminished by then.
  5. Joined
    15 Nov '15
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 03:25
    Just saw today and just wow
  6. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    01 May '19 07:26
    @texasnurse said
    Just saw today and just wow
    Everything that the last episode of Game of Thrones wasn't.

Well done Russo Brothers.
  7. Joined
    15 Nov '15
    Moves
    01 May '19 11:01
    Did you notice them early in movie cameo??
  8. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    02 May '19 09:11
    @texasnurse said
    Did you notice them early in movie cameo??
    Yes. And Chris Evans played pretty well in the scene. You could easily see he didn't believe in the BS he was pushing.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 May '19 12:32
    I saw it yesterday. My daughter cried and cried. She literally cried for a minute before she could start the car.

It was by far the best movie of the all the movies. Small spoiler...do not wait to see if something is after the credits...there is nothing. Waited and waited for norhing lol.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 May '19 04:28
    Finally got my tix. I can't wait.

Sat May 4 11am

Best screen in the Phoenix area
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 May '19 15:18
    I went for cheaper: 4:30 showing 7 bucks a ticket. It was a school night.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '19 06:142 edits
    This movie was everything I thought it would be. Scenes that made you want to cheer and scenes that made you cry. Outstanding effort.
    I have to say, I love, love, LOVE Carol Danvers' new hair at the end of the movie.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '19 06:57
    @eladar said
    I saw it yesterday. My daughter cried and cried. She literally cried for a minute before she could start the car.

It was by far the best movie of the all the movies. Small spoiler...do not wait to see if something is after the credits...there is nothing. Waited and waited for norhing lol.
    There is one small thing at the very end of the credits. Not a scene, exactly, but a sound.

When they show the Marvel logo at the very end, you hear the sound of a hammer striking an anvil or something a number of times.

I understand this is a callback to a scene from the first Iron Man movie when Tony Stark was forging the first Iron suit. The original Iron Man was the movie that kicked off the Marvel Cinematic Universe movie series which continues today.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 May '19 10:03
    @suzianne said
    This movie was everything I thought it would be. Scenes that made you want to cheer and scenes that made you cry. Outstanding effort.
    I have to say, I love, love, LOVE Carol Danvers' new hair at the end of the movie.
    More than a little disappointed in how little they utilized Captain Marvel, but I get it, this was kind of a swan song for the original Avengers, all of whom lost so much on the journey. Captain Marvel is the future going forward.

Stay tuned for Spiderman: Far From Home, which will mark the actual end of MCU Phase 3. A few things need to be explained before they close out this phase.
  15. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    12 May '19 04:28
    @lundos said
    So, the final installment of the Phase 3 in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is out. After the tour de force that was Infinity War, this is a completely different take on a super hero movie.

I've watched it twice. Once on Wednesday and again today and I have to admit that it's amazing. Straight up. If you know the other movies there are so many Easter Eggs, references and eve ...[text shortened]... econd time, so I guess it's not too important. And there's a plot issue I really, really don't like.
    I just saw Avengers Endgame for the first time, having never been a fan of comic books, I didn't understand parts of the story. An interesting mix of quantum physics, dazzling futuristic special effects, and post world war 2 nostalgia made for a good movie though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree