1. Standard memberjerryib1
    Jerryib
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 18:44
    If I resign my games in a tournament, will my rating go down? I've just joined a tournament but really did not want 50 games all at once! As moves have already been made I don't seem to have the option to withdraw.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    03 Apr '21 23:59
    @jerryib1 said
    If I resign my games in a tournament, will my rating go down? I've just joined a tournament but really did not want 50 games all at once! As moves have already been made I don't seem to have the option to withdraw.
    If you resign immediately, before 2 moves are made, it doesn't affect your rating. It will still count as a loss in your statistics.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 20:32
    @kewpie said
    If you resign immediately, before 2 moves are made, it doesn't affect your rating. It will still count as a loss in your statistics.
    I don't think that's true, if you delete a game within 2 moves no rating points are lost, a resigned game is the same regardless of how many moves have been played.
  4. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    04 May '21 15:20
    @trev33 said
    I don't think that's true, if you delete a game within 2 moves no rating points are lost, a resigned game is the same regardless of how many moves have been played.
    I don't think you can delete a tournament game. I have two where the opponent hasn't made a move. Perhaps people enter them and then let them timeout to lower their rating?? The player is moving in other games.
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    04 May '21 19:05
    @relentless-red said
    I don't think you can delete a tournament game. I have two where the opponent hasn't made a move. Perhaps people enter them and then let them timeout to lower their rating?? The player is moving in other games.
    Remember, all tournament games are rated and you will not be able to delete any tournament games.
    Pasted from the blurb
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 May '21 09:04
    @venda said
    Remember, all tournament games are rated and you will not be able to delete any tournament games.
    Pasted from the blurb
    The rule, no game with less than two full moves (twice white, twice black) are not rated stays anyway. So the games count into your stats, but no rating points are lost by resigning a fresh tournament game.
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Jun '21 23:20
    @jerryib1 said
    Any tournament games <= 3moves are flagged as unrated. Rating won't be affected.
    Quite easy to check. Just resign such a game and compare rating before/after.
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 Jun '21 08:27
    @mghrn55 said
    Any tournament games <= 3moves are flagged as unrated. Rating won't be affected.
    Quite easy to check. Just resign such a game and compare rating before/after.
    It is <3 not <=3
  9. Joined
    25 May '21
    Moves
    07 Aug '21 12:26

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree