2008 Championship

2008 Championship

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
Patently Geeky

US Midwest

Moves
19 Nov 08

Originally posted by randolph
Now it looks like a race between you and Gatecrasher, with kgoodwin having an outside shot.
With the way I've been playing lately I've blown my shot. However I wouldn't count LekZ or SlyArmenian out of it.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
19 Nov 08

r
the walrus

an English garden

Moves
19 Nov 08

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Wow, someone wants a forum ban.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
19 Nov 08

I dont usually get forum banned, or warned. I think there is a fine line between making dubious accusations and pointing out more obvious examples.

Also, I have never named somebody in the public forums who has not gone on to be banned.

l

Moves
19 Nov 08

... I have never named somebody in the public forums who has not gone on to be banned.

This is an awesome power. I hope you have used it responsibly.

S

Los Angeles

Moves
19 Nov 08

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Is this because I didn't join your club, or because of your bad database in our current game in play?

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
19 Nov 08

Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
Also, I have never named somebody in the public forums who has not gone on to be banned.
There's a first time for everything.

Moves
19 Nov 08

Moves
19 Nov 08

Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
I dont usually get forum banned, or warned. I think there is a fine line between making dubious accusations and pointing out more obvious examples.

Careful Tchex. Please don't name or hint around about cheating in public forums. Send a fair play ticket if you have not already.

r
the walrus

an English garden

Moves
19 Nov 08

Originally posted by Forum Moderator
Careful Tchex. Please don't name or hint around about cheating in public forums. Send a fair play ticket if you have not already.
How long is his ban for?

lookin for a way out

Moves
20 Nov 08

Originally posted by randolph
How long is his ban for?
Maybe until the end of the tournament.

r
the walrus

an English garden

Moves
13 Dec 08

Most games getting down to the wire in terms of time. I think Korch has by far the best chances even after his draw with Tchex.

Canada

Moves
16 Dec 08

I dont think Korch has much of a chance now, he needs to pull off two wins against gatecrasher, and that is the only way he can do it. He only has the two games left, since the rest of his games are against engine users... it looks like gatecrasher will most likely win the 2008 championship!

This game really hurt Korch's chances of winning
Game 5436005

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
16 Dec 08

Yeah, that queen manouvre is quite subtle and deadly with the threat of mate via Qxh6 and also Nxd6, leading to a winning endgame.

This game will also have a bearing on the final score: Game 5435980
If gatecrasher were to lose both games to Korch and lose or draw this one then he could be caught.

Canada

Moves
16 Dec 08

Correct, if Gatecrasher does not draw or win against against Korch, and does draw again kgoodwin, the they would end up tied for first place...
Very interesting!