2008 Championship

2008 Championship

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
Patently Geeky

US Midwest

Moves
10 Sep 08
2 edits

Originally posted by randolph
One 1500 who has already flagged is holding up the entire tournament. This is stupid.
I believe they'll run out of time in a week or two... The only thought I have is to offer them a draw if they play again, although it's been around a week since they last made a move.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 Sep 08

Originally posted by kwgoodwin
I believe they'll run out of time in a week or two... The only thought I have is to offer them a draw if they play again, although it's been around a week since they last made a move.
Well he can delay the tournament for 36 days thanks to RHP's wonderful vacation system.

I'd say the chances of the 2008 Championship ending by December 31, 2008 are now nil.

k
Patently Geeky

US Midwest

Moves
12 Sep 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Well he can delay the tournament for 36 days thanks to RHP's wonderful vacation system.

I'd say the chances of the 2008 Championship ending by December 31, 2008 are now nil.
He's been on vacation for a few weeks now.... So this round should be complete by the end of the month giving us two months to complete the next round which is likely unless the vacation flag issue arises again at the end of that round. However looking at my opponents in that round, I'll likely be done with the tournament well before that could be an issue.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Sep 08

Originally posted by kwgoodwin
He's been on vacation for a few weeks now.... So this round should be complete by the end of the month giving us two months to complete the next round which is likely unless the vacation flag issue arises again at the end of that round. However looking at my opponents in that round, I'll likely be done with the tournament well before that could be an issue.
Each player gets 60 days or approximately two months. There's no way this finishes before the end of the year.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
12 Sep 08
2 edits

Especially since it will cover the christmas period, and there is no way I am going to be making lots of moves around then.

I think there should be a no mercy rule for timeouters in the championships - it is not going to be over now till sometime in january, and quite possibly later still if the vacation abusers drag it out further.

k
Patently Geeky

US Midwest

Moves
14 Sep 08

Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
Especially since it will cover the christmas period, and there is no way I am going to be making lots of moves around then.

I think there should be a no mercy rule for timeouters in the championships - it is not going to be over now till sometime in january, and quite possibly later still if the vacation abusers drag it out further.
Well, let's start finding out. Pitch's vacation is over and the round is done.

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
14 Sep 08

The final round has launched. Good luck to all who sail in her!

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
15 Sep 08

24 extra games with such time control is real [censored] 😠

S

Los Angeles

Moves
15 Sep 08

Originally posted by Korch
Tell me about it...and i promised i wouldn't play at work anymore.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
15 Sep 08

Originally posted by SlyArmenian
Tell me about it...and i promised i wouldn't play at work anymore.
I dont need charity.

Moves
16 Sep 08

Hopefully this year's will be won outright by flesh and bones - it's going to be tough with that many [blatant] cheats in there though.

Good luck men.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Sep 08

It's a bit ridiculous to have a final with 13 players. Of course, the 24 games with the 60 day time limit will be another big advantage to the non-humans.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
26 Sep 08

I drew first blood in final round

Game 5436023

lookin for a way out

Moves
26 Sep 08
2 edits

I drew first blood in final round
A resignation? 😕

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
27 Sep 08

Originally posted by Pawn Qween
A resignation? 😕
Yes - my opponent resigned because he was not able avoid mate.