world cup predictions

world cup predictions

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
13 Dec 09

Originally posted by mtthw

[Unless your dictionary has "abysmal = better than Scotland have ever managed", in which case, of course, you're spot on][/b]
😵

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
13 Dec 09

Originally posted by Badwater
>.>

Even a Yank like me can easily say that's the height of optimism....delusion....whatever, take your pick. It ain't happnin'.
You're in the wrong thread pal.... you need to be replying to posts titled 'rounders' or 'american rugby'...

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
13 Dec 09

Sad that you have to measure your exploits v Scotland. Guess you must be in awe of a small population of less than 1/10th england population can show you up so often 😛

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
13 Dec 09

Originally posted by Mctayto
Sad that you have to measure your exploits v Scotland. Guess you must be in awe of a small population of less than 1/10th england population can show you up so often 😛
I can't remember the last time Scotland 'showed' us up?

I think you're suffering from an inferiority complex... help is available on the NHS you know?

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
13 Dec 09

Originally posted by blade68
I can't remember the last time Scotland 'showed' us up?

I think you're suffering from an inferiority complex... help is available on the NHS you know?
Suggest you check past results.
The most laughable being the slaughter of England by Scotland immediately after receiving (NOT WINNING) the 1966 world cup 😛

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
13 Dec 09

The most laughable being the slaughter of England by Scotland immediately after receiving (NOT WINNING) the 1966 world cup 😛
Exactly! That wasn't in my lifetime!

rc

Moves
13 Dec 09

You're in the wrong thread pal.... you need to be replying to posts titled 'rounders' or 'american rugby'...
Yanks are gonna kick yo butt! i can hear the star star-spangled banner playing in the distance, stars and stripes glistening upon the horizon. i shall be ordering double chip chocolate cappuccino and blueberry muffins to consume during your route!

rc

Moves
13 Dec 09

yes, sadly they dont seem to know their history.

e

Moves
14 Dec 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Palynka
On footballing quality I would agree...but then I remembered about South Korea.
Sure France had a bad year in South Korea, but then this year there is no reason to suspect that they will again have to play with so many important players.

Edit: as to the Ireland vs France comment, still you have to admit that Uruguay would be more likely to give them a run than South Africa... and even then wouldn't be likely to get a better result than did Ireland.

e

Moves
14 Dec 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Ridiculous thing to say in a predictions thread, especially considering Uruguay are no mugs and SA are on home turf (and are also no mugs).

D
Uruguay will (probably) be unable to defeat Mexico or France, Uruguay continues their long decline in soccer noteworthiness. I suppose they could be a dark horse too, but not as much as Mexico. France is ranked in the top 10, far about the rest. South Africa are perfect examples of "mugs" and are currently ranked 86 by FIFA, how many better examples exist in the World Cup, if saying they are no mugs is to have any meaning there must be several worse teams...

e

Moves
14 Dec 09

Will Maradona finally shame Argentina enough for them to get rid of him? My prediction is: yes. After all, they do have SOME shame left. Now THAT is a team not likely to get their act together.

e

Moves
14 Dec 09

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Indeed games gotta be played on the field and rankings, stats and trends mean nothing. Football is interesting for that reason as are other sports. No one is invincible. Some teams, like Brasil, can pick up the pace being 0-2 and win 3-2 like against USA last summer. Others fold. RSA impressed me in same summer tourney. Lets see how they fare!
I would like to see something so amazing a South Africa defeating a full-strength France, not for any ill-will to France, but what a spectacle to see in the world cup! It's just not likely.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
14 Dec 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Yanks are gonna kick yo butt! i can hear the star star-spangled banner playing in the distance, stars and stripes glistening upon the horizon. i shall be ordering double chip chocolate cappuccino and blueberry muffins to consume during your route!
That'll make a nice change from the deep fried Mars Bars and Tennants Extra won't it?

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
14 Dec 09

Originally posted by eljefejesus
I would like to see something so amazing a South Africa defeating a full-strength France, not for any ill-will to France, but what a spectacle to see in the world cup! It's just not likely.
...and neither was Cameroon beating Argentina, or Senegal beating France.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
14 Dec 09

...and neither was Cameroon beating Argentina, or Senegal beating France.
Ireland beating Italy, Rubin Kazan beating Barcelona, Liverpool beating United, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc...

Look through any World Cup, and you'll find unlikely results.

A man who posts "only right answer" type comments in a predictions thread, is a man who doesn't know soccer. "Most likely answer" would be accurate.

D