Wwjd?

Wwjd?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
If a person after accepting and believing in Jesus Christ and in His Resurrection, does not exhibit progressively and markedly different behavior then I’d say his acceptance and belief weren’t genuine - they may have been with his head but not with his heart.
OK, so what you mean is: a Christian cannot be "saved" without honouring God by keeping the commandments, is that right?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
OK, so what you mean is: a Christian cannot be "saved" without honouring God by keeping the commandments, is that right?
No, it’s not.

Did you read the example I gave about the guy who got run over by a bus 10 minutes after he accepted and believed in Jesus Christ and in His Resurrection?

It’s a modern equivalent of the thief on the cross next to Jesus.

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
No, it’s not.
OK, once again. So what you mean is: a Christian CAN be "saved" without honouring God by keeping the commandments, am I right this time?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
OK, once again. So what you mean is: a Christian CAN be "saved" without honouring God by keeping the commandments, am I right this time?
Yes.

Salvation is by Grace through faith in Christ Jesus.

But a person who is genuinely saved, who has received God’s Holy Spirit indwelling him and who has become a new creation in Christ, will be a different (and better) person than he was before he was saved.

I think, like rajk999, you’re completely discounting or not understanding or not believing the role and power of God’s indwelt Holy Spirit in the life of a believer.

It’s through walking in the Spirit and, as Jesus Christ said, seeking first the Kingdom of God that one overcomes temptation to sin and is able to keep the commandments.

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
But a person who is genuinely saved, who has received God’s Holy Spirit indwelling him and who has become a new creation in Christ, will be a different (and better) person than he was before he was saved.
So, someone is not a Christian and won't be "saved" if they do not honour God by keeping the commandments, yes?

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
I think, like rajk999, you’re completely discounting or not understanding or not believing the role and power of God’s indwelt Holy Spirit in the life of a believer.
I know what you SAY about "the role and power of God’s indwelt Holy Spirit in the life of a believer" but when I asked you - more than once - for some evidence of that "role and power" existing in you, as might be witnessed by anyone in your behaviour in public on this Spirituality Forum, every time you switched to abusive "banter" mode, dodged the question, and presented nothing.

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
I know what you SAY about "the role and power of God’s indwelt Holy Spirit in the life of a believer" but when I asked you - more than once - for some evidence of that "role and power" existing in you, as might be witnessed by anyone in your behaviour in public on this Spirituality Forum, every time you switched to abusive "banter" mode, dodged the question, and presented nothing.
Because I’m not discussing my personal life with you. It’s none of your business.

I don’t answer to you and I’m not seeking approval from you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
So, someone is not a Christian and won't be "saved" if they do not honour God by keeping the commandments, yes?
Wrong. If someone sincerely and genuinely accepts and believes in Jesus Christ and in His Resurrection, that person is saved. At that moment and forever.

You’re mixing up evidence of salvation with a requirement for salvation. The two aren’t the same.

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
If someone sincerely and genuinely accepts and believes in Jesus Christ and in His Resurrection, that person is saved. At that moment and forever.

You’re mixing up evidence of salvation with a requirement for salvation. The two aren’t the same.
What if they subsequently do not honour God by keeping the commandments?

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Because I’m not discussing my personal life with you.
I am not asking about your "personal life". I talking about your "life" here in public, laid out openly in your behaviour and your words.

Where is any evidence of "the role and power of God’s indwelt Holy Spirit" in you in how you conduct yourself on this message board?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
What if they subsequently do not honour God by keeping the commandments?
Every Christian slips up and sins. Even the Apostle Paul, who wrote most of the New Testament, did and wrote about his struggles to do what’s right and not do what’s wrong in Romans 7, and wrote about the struggle between the Spirit and the flesh in Galatians.

But no Christian - no one who has sincerely and genuinely accepted and believed in Jesus Christ and in His Resurrection - lives a life of sin. Sinning is not the default mode of a Christian.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
I am not asking about your "personal life". I talking about your "life" here in public, laid out openly in your behaviour and your words.

Where is any evidence of "the role and power of God’s indwelt Holy Spirit" in you in how you conduct yourself on this message board?
My “public” life is not even remotely confined to this website.

And in my real “public” life, people don’t insult and harass and lie about me the way many feel free to do when they’re anonymous on the Internet.

Sometimes I put up with it, sometimes I don’t.

But you shouldn’t expect to poke a stick in the face of a peaceful dog for an hour and not have that dog try to bite that stick or your hand.

F

Moves
04 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
My “public” life is not even remotely confined to this website.
I didn't say your “public” life was confined to this website.

I am just asking what evidence there is of "the role and power of God’s indwelt Holy Spirit" affecting you in how you behave here.

Or are the "temptations" fuelled by disinhibition simply stronger than the "power of God’s indwelt Holy Spirit"?

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
But no Christian - no one who has sincerely and genuinely accepted and believed in Jesus Christ and in His Resurrection - lives a life of sin. Sinning is not the default mode of a Christian.
So there must be no "life of sin" if a Christian is to be "saved", right?