Wwjd?

Wwjd?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You need to revisit the text rather than Googling someone else's opinion.

You weren't even aware of the passage until I brought it up.
“Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast: for my time is not yet full come.

When he had said these words unto them, he abode still in Galilee.

But when his brethren were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.”

(John 7:8-10)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You need to revisit the text rather than Googling someone else's opinion.

You weren't even aware of the passage until I brought it up.
I was aware of the passage. I’ve not only read the Gospel of John, I’ve transcribed it by hand. I never thought that was a lie, which is why I asked you to identify where Jesus Christ had told a lie.

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
I was aware of the passage. I’ve not only read the Gospel of John, I’ve transcribed it by hand. I never thought that was a lie, which is why I asked you to identify where Jesus Christ had told a lie.
As a prolific liar yourself, I'm surprised you missed it.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
I’ve transcribed it by hand
Lol, I reckon you have an' all.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
As a prolific liar yourself, I'm surprised you missed it.
I’m not a liar, let alone a prolific one.

And you had a much better case claiming Jesus Christ told a lie in another verse, but the atheist website you consult for trolling purposes apparently didn’t have it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
Lol, I reckon you have an' all.
Sure have. Actually, as of today, I’ve transcribed 1,040 of the Holy Bible’s 1,189 chapters.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Sure have. Actually, as of today, I’ve transcribed 1,040 of the Holy Bible’s 1,189 chapters.
I totally believe you. And you've known loads of women too. And read loads of books.
Hmm, no straight-faced emoji...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
I totally believe you. And you've known loads of women too. And read loads of books.
Hmm, no straight-faced emoji...
When did I ever say I’ve read “loads of books?”

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
When did I ever say I’ve read “loads of books?”
Alright, two books. One of which I assume was a voluntary endeavour.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Righteousness comes through belief and faith and is a gift from God.

“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

(2 Corinthians 5:21)

You preach good works as being necessary for salvation, instead of evidence of salvation, and self-righteousness.

Your doctrine is focused on yourself.

Mine is focused on Jesus Christ.
Maybe that makes sense to you but I cannot see how someone that promotes the commandments and quotes the commandments Jesus preached in Matt 5, 6 and 7 and other places in the gospels, can be accused of preaching a doctrine that is focussed on themselves. And someone [you for eg] who never refers to the commandments and even refers to the commandments of Christ in derogatory terms can be said to be focussed on Jesus Christ. Its weird if you think that makes sense. And this is why we have nothing in common

Thanks for your references but I rather stay with the teachings of Christ who called the righteous the ones who do good works.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Maybe that makes sense to you but I cannot see how someone that promotes the commandments and quotes the commandments Jesus preached in Matt 5, 6 and 7 and other places in the gospels, can be accused of preaching a doctrine that is focussed on themselves. And someone [you for eg] who never refers to the commandments and even refers to the commandments of Christ in derogat ...[text shortened]... but I rather stay with the teachings of Christ who called the righteous the ones who do good works.
You focus on yourself keeping the commandments and doing good works. Your doctrine and focus are on yourself.

I don’t think good works and keeping the commandments to the best of one’s ability are not important. I just disagree that they’re necessary for salvation. They’re certainly evidence of salvation.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
Alright, two books. One of which I assume was a voluntary endeavour.
Read more than two but never said I read “loads.”

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
You focus on yourself keeping the commandments and doing good works. Your doctrine and focus are on yourself.

I don’t think good works and keeping the commandments to the best of one’s ability are not important. I just disagree that they’re necessary for salvation. They’re certainly evidence of salvation.
And yet you are here constantly talking about yourself.
- Oh today, Im going to hand write the bible
-Today I did this or that
- I have the holy Spirit
- Im saved and I have eternal life
You seem to be obsessed with yourself and telling people what you do
-
Have you ever seen posts where I speak of myself?

Your church is really a cult, that has damaged your ability to understand what Jesus preached.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
In such a context it could be argued that Jesus told an altruistic lie, an untruth with good intentions. Lies can be damaging, but lies can also be protective.
Says something about a world where telling a lie for either reason might be necessary. Reveals a lot about man's condition.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
And yet you are here constantly talking about yourself.
- Oh today, Im going to hand write the bible
-Today I did this or that
- I have the holy Spirit
- Im saved and I have eternal life
You seem to be obsessed with yourself and telling people what you do
-
Have you ever seen posts where I speak of myself?

Your church is really a cult, that has damaged your ability to understand what Jesus preached.
I don’t constantly talk about myself and certainly wouldn’t boast about being saved and having the Holy Spirit and eternal life since all I did was accept God’s gift of salvation through Jesus Christ.

I mention handwriting the Holy Bible because I think it’s a great thing to do.