1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 19:451 edit
    In the mean time, no reply from the Grand Inquisitor on God the Father and God the Son in Hebrews 1:8-9

But of the Son, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, ..." therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of exultant joy above Your partners? (See Hebrews 1:8-9)

In this passage God is the Son with an eternal throne and God is ALSO His God who has anointed Him above His partners.

YES?
    or
    NO?

(You have a BIG MOUTH Divegeester. A big cowardly, hypocritical, exaggerating mouth.
    Yes, you. )
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 19:591 edit
    Samples of Statements of Beliefs for North American local churches -

Beliefs of the church in Seattle

We hold the faith which is common to all the believers:
    (Titus 1:4, Jude 3)

THE BIBLE: The Bible is the complete divine revelation inspired word by word by God through the Holy Spirit (2 Pet. 1:21, 2 Tim. 3:16)
    THE TRIUNE GOD: God is uniquely one, yet Triune: the Father, the Son, and the Spirit (1 Tim. 2:5a, Matt. 28:19)
    JESUS CHRIST: The Son of God, even God Himself, was incarnated to be a man by the name of Jesus Christ (John 1:1, John 1:14)
    CHRIST’S CRUCIFIXION: Christ died on the cross for our sins, shedding His blood for our redemption (1 Pet. 2:24, Eph. 1:7a)
    CHRIST’S RESURRECTION: Christ resurrected from among the dead on the third day (1 Cor. 15:4)
    CHRIST’S ASCENSION: Christ ascended to the right hand of God to be Lord of all (Acts 1:9, Acts 2:33, Acts 2:36)
    SALVATION: Whenever any person repents to God and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ, he is regenerated (born again) and becomes a living member of the one Body of Christ (Acts 20:21, John 3:3, Eph. 1:22-23, Rom. 12:5)
    CHRIST’S RETURN: Christ is coming again to receive His believers to Himself (1 Thes. 2:19)

https://churchinseattle.org/

Beliefs of the church in Dallas
    What We Believe
    We hold the faith which is common to all believers (Titus 1:4; Jude 1:3):

The Bible is the complete divine revelation inspired word-by-word by God through the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21; 2 Timothy 3:16).
    God is uniquely one, yet triune — the Father, the Son, and the Spirit (1 Timothy 2:5a; Matthew 28:19).
    The Son of God, who is God Himself, was incarnated to be a man by the name of Jesus Christ (John 1:1; John 1:14).
    Christ died on the cross for our sins, shedding His blood for our redemption (1 Peter 2:24; Ephesians 1:7a).
    Christ resurrected from among the dead on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:4).
    Christ ascended to the right hand of God to be Lord of all (Acts 1:9; Acts 2:33; Acts 2:36).
    Whenever a person repents to God and believes into the Lord Jesus Christ, he is regenerated (born again) and becomes a living member of the Body of Christ (Acts 20:21; John 3:3; Ephesians 1:22-23; Romans 12:5).
    Christ is coming again to receive His believers to Himself (1 Thessalonians 2:19).

http://www.churchindallas.org/about-the-church-in-dallas

Beliefs of the church in Philadelphia
    We hold the faith which is common to all believers (Titus 1:4; Jude 1:3):

The Bible is the complete divine revelation inspired word-by-word by God through the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21; 2 Timothy 3:16).
    God is uniquely one, yet triune — the Father, the Son, and the Spirit (1 Timothy 2:5a;Matthew 28:19).
    The Son of God, who is God Himself, was incarnated to be a man by the name of Jesus Christ (John 1:1; John 1:14).
    Christ died on the cross for our sins, shedding His blood for our redemption (1 Peter 2:24; Ephesians 1:7a).
    Christ resurrected from among the dead on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:4).
    Christ ascended to the right hand of God to be Lord of all (Acts 1:9; Acts 2:33; Acts 2:36).
    Whenever a person repents to God and believes into the Lord Jesus Christ, he is regenerated (born again) and becomes a living member of the Body of Christ (Acts 20:21;John 3:3; Ephesians 1:22-23; Romans 12:5).
    Christ is coming again to receive His believers to Himself (1 Thessalonians 2:19).

https://churchinphiladelphia.org/statement-of-faith/

Beliefs of the church in Atlanta
    We hold the faith which is common to all the believers — Titus 1:4, Jude 3

The Bible is the complete divine revelation inspired word by word by God through the Holy Spirit — 2 Pet. 1:21, 2 Tim. 3:16

God is uniquely one, yet triune — the Father, the Son, and the Spirit — 1 Tim. 2:5a, Matt. 28:19

The Son of God, even God Himself, was incarnated to be a man by the name of Jesus Christ — John 1:1, John 1:14

Christ died on the cross for our sins, shedding His blood for our redemption — 1 Pet. 2:24, Eph. 1:7a

Christ resurrected from among the dead on the third day — 1 Cor. 15:4

Christ ascended to the right hand of God to be Lord of all — Acts 1:9, Acts 2:33, Acts 2:36

Whenever any person repents to God and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ, he is regenerated (born again) and becomes a living member of the one Body of Christ — Acts 20:21, John 3:3, Eph. 1:22-23, Rom. 12:5

Christ is coming again to receive His believers to Himself — 1 Thes. 2:19

http://churchinatlanta.org/beliefs/
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 21:18
    @sonship said
    Christ came to duplicate Himself as the standard prototype of the man mingled with God the God-man. He came to mass produce many sons like Himself yet not sharing His unique only begotten-ness
    Do you see yourself as a "mass-produced" duplicate of Christ?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 21:332 edits
    @FMF

Do you see yourself as a "mass-produced" duplicate of Christ?

I do not see myself as God having finished with me yet.

"Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus." (Phil. 1:6)

Do you think that because you can remind Christians that they are not perfected you may discourage them from believing God is able to complete what He has started ?

Second Timothy 1:12 -

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    and that is why I suffer these things. But I am not ashamed, because I know the One I have believed in and am persuaded that He is able to guard what has been entrusted to me until that day.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 21:36
    @sonship said
    Do you think that because you can remind Christians that the full salvation has not yet occurred you may discourage them from believing God is able to complete what He has started ?
    Christians are entitled to think whatever they want about "salvation". I was simply asking the question - in light of your character and behaviour - whether you see yourself as a "mass-produced" duplicate of Christ.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 21:37
    @sonship said
    I do not see myself as God having finished with me yet.
    So you see yourself as being to some degree a duplicate of Christ?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 21:41
    @FMF

You asked your crafted question. And you got your answer.

What God has started in every believer, He will complete.
    We are on the way.

"Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers.

And those whom He predestinated, these He also called; and those whom He called, these he also justified; and those whom He justified, these He also glorified." (Rom. 8:29,30)

If Christ does not bring me through to the end conclusion then He is unrighteous and unfaithful, unable and untruthful. And none of those can be.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 21:431 edit
    FMF,

Do you see yourself as a man who is so intelligent that he could not be deceived?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 21:45
    @sonship said
    FMF,

Do you see yourself as a man who is so intelligent that he could not be deceived?
    I don't subscribe to your religious beliefs if that is what you are getting at.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 21:46
    @sonship said
    What God has started in every believer, He will complete.
    We are on the way.
    Are people seeing - to some unfinished extent - Christ on display when they see you?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 21:48
    @sonship said
    If Christ does not bring me through to the end conclusion then He is unrighteous and unfaithful, unable and untruthful. And none of those can be.
    So, you are not yet a 100% duplicate of Christ. What percentage do you think it is currently? Are you a 5% duplicate of Christ? More than that? Less than that?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:221 edit
    @FMF
    What percentage do you think it is currently? Are you a 5% duplicate of Christ? More than that? Less than that?

I don't know.

Are you 100% an Atheist or somewhat less a percentage that you are an Atheist, since you are also an Agnostic?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:26
    @sonship said
    @FMF
    What percentage do you think it is currently? Are you a 5% duplicate of Christ? More than that? Less than that?

I don't know.
    Might it be zero percent at the moment?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:29
    @sonship said
    Are you 100% an Atheist or somewhat less a percentage that you are an Atheist, since you are also an Agnostic?
    I am an implicit atheist and not an explicit one, as explained. I am not claiming to be an unfinished mass-produced duplicate of a supernatural being. If you have no idea whether the process of becoming "a duplicate of Christ" has started or how far it has progressed, so be it.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 22:591 edit
    @FMF

I am an implicit atheist and not an explicit one, as explained. I am not claiming to be an unfinished mass-produced duplicate of a supernatural being. If you have no idea whether the process of becoming "a duplicate of Christ" has started or how far it has progressed, so be it.

Yep. So be it. Now your reasons for being both atheist and agnostic are well thought out and arranged and proceeding in order and presented.

But I think I am still more impressed with Jesus.
    Matthew - Mark - Luke - John.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree