Witness Lee and the Lord's Recovery Movement

Witness Lee and the Lord's Recovery Movement

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 19

I better repeat because Divegeester may have already forgotten.

I have no dispute with that website. I think it is quite well written for the length and conciseness required. And it serves the purpose of speaking on behalf of the local churches.

I have no major disagreement with what the authors wrote there. It is quite adequate as a brief introduction to the Lord's recovery.

Anyone who needs further clarification and is not prejudiced like yourself, can EASILY do further research to hone in a little more on some aspect of what was written there.

What you have just read above is repetition of my position stated over approximately two years ago - 2017 or even earlier.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Nov 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@divegeester

I have no dispute with that website. I think it is quite well written for the length and conciseness required. And it serves the purpose of speaking on behalf of the local churches.

I have no major disagreement with what the authors wrote there. It is quite adequate as a brief introduction to the Lord's recovery.

Anyone who needs further clarification ...[text shortened]... d above is repetition of my position stated over approximately two years ago - 2017 or even earlier.
Why not answer the question which I asked instead of making up another one? Why are you so furtive about what you believe?

Do you agree that in order to be saved a person MUST believe in the doctrine of the trinity?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 19
3 edits

@divegeester

Besides, considering the answer only requires as a minimum, a “yes” or a “no”, it is still highly interesting that you won’t answer.

The following question then YOU can answer with no qualifying explanation, just Yes or No.

But of the Son, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, ..." therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of exultant joy above Your partners? (See Hebrews 1:8-9)

In this passage God is the Son with an eternal throne and God is ALSO His God who has anointed Him above His partners.

YES?
or
NO?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 19
1 edit

@divegeester

Do you agree that in order to be saved a person MUST believe in the doctrine of the trinity?

One may agree with the doctrine and not receive Christ.
To be saved you must receive Christ.

That is why the webstite said what the brothers emphasized - receiving Christ rather than conversant expounding of a doctrine.

CONCERNING SALVATION

In order to be saved, one must have a living faith in the Person and work of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Every genuinely saved one has what the Bible calls the “common faith” (Titus 1:4), which includes what we must believe in order to be saved: we must believe that the Bible is the complete divine revelation wholly inspired by God; that there is a unique Triune God, the Father, the Son, and the Spirit; that Jesus Christ is the Son of God incarnated to be a man; that Christ died on the cross for our sins, shedding His blood for our redemption; that on the third day He was bodily raised from the dead; that He has been exalted to the right hand of God and made the Lord of all; and that He is coming again for His own and to set up His kingdom on earth.

Eternal salvation is by grace through faith, not by our works.

In order to be saved, one must have a living contact with Jesus Christ. Therefore, in bringing unbelievers to salvation, we emphasize prayer and calling on the name of the Lord. According to Romans 10:9 and 10, if a man is to be saved, he must believe in his heart and confess with his mouth.

This again is repetition.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 19
3 edits

And this too is me repeating what I wrote a long time ago.

I do not believe that the writers meant that a brand new believer is instantly conversant doctrinally on all of these aspects of salvation. I do not believe that the authors intended that each person that calls upon Christ to be saved must be EXAMINED that they are fully conversant on each of these matters BEFORE we could receive them as Christian brothers and sisters.

----------------------------------------------
In order to be saved, one must have a living faith in the Person and work of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Every genuinely saved one has what the Bible calls the “common faith” (Titus 1:4), which includes what we must believe in order to be saved: we must believe that the Bible is the complete divine revelation wholly inspired by God; that there is a unique Triune God, the Father, the Son, and the Spirit; that Jesus Christ is the Son of God incarnated to be a man; that Christ died on the cross for our sins, shedding His blood for our redemption; that on the third day He was bodily raised from the dead; that He has been exalted to the right hand of God and made the Lord of all; and that He is coming again for His own and to set up His kingdom on earth.

----------------------------------------------------

A brand new saved person may not be totally doctrinally conversant on EVERY aspect from day one of their being regenerated. And I have no problem with the way the authors worded this paragraph given that understanding.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 19

What again did the authors say we emphasize concerning salvation?

In order to be saved, one must have a living contact with Jesus Christ. Therefore, in bringing unbelievers to salvation, we emphasize prayer and calling on the name of the Lord. According to Romans 10:9 and 10, if a man is to be saved, he must believe in his heart and confess with his mouth.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Nov 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

One may agree with the doctrine and not receive Christ.
To be saved you must receive Christ.
Why won’t you answer the question?

Is it because you are under cultish pressure to not disagree with your church?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Nov 19

@sonship said
What again did the authors say we emphasize concerning salvation?

The local church, which I think is a cult and there is much evidence of that and witnesses to that, states that in belief in the doctrine of the trinity is a MUST for salvation.

Do you agree with this statement of belief or not?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 19
4 edits

@divegeester

What kind of cultish pressure ?

Should I be afraid my home will be raided?
Should I be afraid I will be told I cannot fellowship with the church in Gaithersburg anymore.

Am I to be "fired" somehow?
Will I be "defrocked"?

Will someone forbid me from using my PC?
Will someone tell me I am no longer a Christian?

Will I be brought to court?
Will I be summoned somewhere to appear before some board of officials?

Am I to be told I cannot speak about Jesus anymore?
Am I to be instructed I cannot speak about the Lord's recovery anymore?

Am I to be shunned by my brothers and sisters throughout the world?

HOW am I under some "cultish pressure" ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 19

@divegeester

The local church, which I think is a cult and there is much evidence of that and witnesses to that, states that in belief in the doctrine of the trinity is a MUST for salvation.

Locate for me in this paragraph the word "doctrine". Thanks.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 19
2 edits

@divegeester

I believe anyone who receives the Lord Jesus Christ has received the Triune God.
And that whether he likes it or not.

He who has the Son has the Father also Mr. Timid Unitarian.

"Everyone who denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who confesses the Son has the Father also." (1 John 2:23)

I think you might be benefited by reading your New Testament through.

Now, explain this "cultish pressure" I am being crushed by please.
I'm waiting.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Nov 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

What kind of cultish pressure ?
The kind of pressure that causes a highly religious person who is entrenched in the dogma and superiority of their own church group to become embarrassingly furtive when asked simple but laser focused questions regarding a doctrine of their church which they disagree with.

That kind of cultish pressure.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Nov 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

I believe anyone who receives the Lord Jesus Christ has received the Triune God.And that whether he likes it or not.
Your continued furtiveness and avoidance of my question is noted with increasing interest.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 19

@divegeester

The kind of pressure that causes a highly religious person who is entrenched in the dogma and superiority of their own church group to become embarrassingly furtive when asked simple but laser focused questions regarding a doctrine of their church which they disagree with.

That kind of cultish pressure.

Pure imagination. I-M-A-G-I-N-A-T-I-O-N.

Like ... UFOs are hovering overhead !

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 19

@divegeester

Your continued furtiveness and avoidance of my question is noted with increasing interest.

Yea, yea. Tell us all about it.