what do angels do for fun?

what do angels do for fun?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
31 Jan 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

What did Rumi mean by this?
I can only give you my interpretation, which sees the light in the heart as 'love', which is the force that guides us to where we need to be. Theists don't have a monopoly on love.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
31 Jan 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I can only give you my interpretation, which sees the light in the heart as 'love', which is the force that guides us to where we need to be. Theists don't have a monopoly on love.
One act of brotherly love and charity is greater than all the talk sonship has produced in the last 14 years on this site.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
01 Feb 21

@rajk999 said
Last time the angels decided to have some fun God ended up destroying the earth with the flood

[i]And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always striv ...[text shortened]... ping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. (Genesis 6:1-7 KJV)
J. R. R. Tolkien's inspiration right there for elves, dwarves, hobbits, ents, orcs and Trolls!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Feb 21

@yo-its-me said
J. R. R. Tolkien's inspiration right there for elves, dwarves, hobbits, ents, orcs and Trolls!
Maybe you might want to write for all to understand.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
01 Feb 21

@rajk999 said
Maybe you might want to write for all to understand.
Thankyou for quoting my words to me, it's flattering.
I'm not at work. You either 'get it' or you don't, sorry.

If you haven't heard of the wonderful stories he wrote, google them. There's films of them too. Before your time maybe, but still fantastic imaginative stories.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 21
2 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

This is quite true.

Now, was Hitler's love for Germany counted as a noble and wonderful love justifying him before ultimate truth ?

Our love can be abnormal, twisted, a façade for great evil.

I acknowledge that even my love has to be washed in the redeeming blood of Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 21
1 edit

Now when you love your enemies - THAT requires another life within you, I think. Jesus said what have you done special if you love those who love you?
But it requires a divine nature imparted into you to love your enemies.

"You have heard that it was said, You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I say to you, Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you,

So that you may become sons of your Father who is in the heavens, because He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good and sends rain on the just and he unjust. (Matt. 5:43-35)

This requires another Person to be imparted into your being through being born again. Christ lives this way. Christ must be put into your innermost being for this kind of love. That is for it to be real and not like a dog walking on its hind legs to imitate a man.

He goes on:

"For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what better thing are you doing? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?

You therefore shall be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect." (vs. 46-48)

This requires the divine life and nature of the Father to be supernaturally imparted into our beings via Christ's salvation. There is no other way.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Feb 21
1 edit

@yo-its-me said
Thankyou for quoting my words to me, it's flattering.
I'm not at work. You either 'get it' or you don't, sorry.

If you haven't heard of the wonderful stories he wrote, google them. There's films of them too. Before your time maybe, but still fantastic imaginative stories.
Thanks, but no thanks.

[Is that kind enough? My first reaction was to say Go to Hell Moron, but since your back is so soft I changed my mind. See ... Im being kind 😀]

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
01 Feb 21

@rajk999 said
Thanks, but no thanks.

[Is that kind enough? My first reaction was to say Go to Hell Moron, but since your back is so soft I changed my mind. See ... Im being kind 😀]
You don't enjoy fiction Rajk?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Feb 21

@yo-its-me said
You don't enjoy fiction Rajk?
Nah. In movies yes. Epic historical drams is my favourite. Then science fiction like Star Wars, Star Trek The ordinary fiction like Lord of the Rings. Reading these big long books .. no thanks. I read the bible. I dont even read commentaries on the bible, because most of that is fiction. .. lol. Look at where it got sonship. His eternal life got derailed by Witness Lee.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
01 Feb 21

@rajk999 said
Nah. In movies yes. Epic historical drams is my favourite. Then science fiction like Star Wars, Star Trek The ordinary fiction like Lord of the Rings. Reading these big long books .. no thanks. I read the bible. I dont even read commentaries on the bible, because most of that is fiction. .. lol. Look at where it got sonship. His eternal life got derailed by Witness Lee.
Fair enough.
I think you're missing out, his work is brilliant.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Feb 21

@yo-its-me said
Fair enough.
I think you're missing out, his work is brilliant.
Probably I am. I have about 100 games of chess going. Going to have to drop that to about 25 if I want to read some fiction

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 21

What is really going on in this universe I find much more interesting then any fiction.

The Bible explains what is really going on.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Feb 21

@sonship said
What is really going on in this universe I find much more interesting then any fiction.

The Bible explains what is really going on.
What you think is going on is that God is sitting out there with Christ on his right hand and angels dancing all around them. That is fiction.

God is out there creating and developing and managing worlds and lifeforms beyond our comprehension

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
14 Feb 21

@lemondrop said
anything?
is it an eternity of blah?
Luke 15:10 In the same way, there is joy in the presence of God’s angels when even one sinner repents.