1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '21 14:191 edit
    Not all.

I did not say "all". I said "the good ones who did not follow Lucifer".

If you get that from Paul then Paul is either wrong or you misinterpret Paul.

Revelation shows the sign of the dragon sweeping with his tail one third of the angels. One third followed Satan which is not "all" the angels.

"And his tail drags away the third part of the stars of heaven, . . ." (Rev. 12:4)

And these one third are also called "his angels" - " And the dragon warred and his angels" (v.7b)

More likely the latter. Most of the angels are there to serve GOD and to do the will of GOD.

That is why I wrote "the good ones who did not follow Lucifer".
    We may assume the two thirds that were not seen in the sign being dragged away by the tail of the dragon.

Just a very tiny part of the angels serve the needs of man. There are angels fighting Satan and other evil beings. There are angels involved in the creation of new worlds all over the universe. Looking after the needs of men must be one of the most insignificant part of the activities of God and the billions of heavenly host.

You under estimate the significance of man.
    All we know is that the good angels are "ministering spirits, sent forth for service for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation." (Heb. 1:14)

The overcoming saints will inherit the earth first for one thousand years and afterwards for eternity. Sometime in the future the sons of God will even judge the rebellious angels.

"Do you not know that we will judge angels, not to mention things of this life?" (1 Cor. 6:3) .
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '21 14:202 edits
    Before the creation of man the angels were the rulers of the universe for God.
    When the fully transformed, glorified, resurrected and conformed to Christ's image is secured as at least a critical mass, the angels cast their crowns down.

They are thankful that God has accomplished His purpose in setting up man as the sons of God to reign. These pre-adamic ruling angels were the first created beings of God. Hence the Bible calls them the "elders" in Revelation 4,5.

This means they are the eldest, the oldest of the created beings of God.

"And around the throne [of the Creator] there were twenty-four thrones, and upon the thrones twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white garments, and upon their heads golden crowns." (Rev. 4:4)

You should get a Recovery Version New Testament read it and study the footnotes here, especially for chapters 4 and 5 of Revelation.

Just the text is here:
    https://online.recoveryversion.bible/

The ancient ruling elders cast their crowns before God the Creator because they recognize their authority to reign is solely due to the Almighty for Whom all things were created.

"The twenty-four elders will fall before Him who sits upon the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever; and they will cast their crowns before the throne saying,

You are worthy our Lord and God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, for You have created all things, and because of Your will they were, and were created." (Rev. 4:10,11)
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jan '21 15:131 edit
    @sonship said

You should get a Recovery Version New Testament read it and study the footnotes here, especially for chapters 4 and 5 of Revelation.
    Me? No thanks. Anything that influenced you to become who you are, is what people should run away from.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '21 15:271 edit
    @Rajk999

Me? No thanks. Anything that influenced you to become who you are, is what people should run away from.

Suit yourself. In the meantime don't run away from the Bible.

Most of the angels are there to serve GOD and to do the will of GOD.

Which is what I taught. But you are often so eager to disagree with me that you end up running away from the pure word of the Bible.
    I excepted the angels who followed Lucifer. And I pointed out that that should be
    one third according to Revelation 12:4.

Is it proper to call Jesus our God and Savior?

" . . . faith equally precious as ours in the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ." (2 Pet. 1:1b)

We'll wait to see if you will "run away" from the Bible concerning 2 Pet. 1:1b in your next post.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '21 15:36

" . . . faith equally precious as ours in the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ." (2 Pet. 1:1b)

We'll wait to see if you will "run away" from the Bible concerning 2 Pet. 1:1b in your next post.

I think Rjk999 may be trying to get a running head start.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jan '21 17:401 edit
    @sonship said

I think Rjk999 may be trying to get a running head start.
    This illustrates [yet again], why you, and your Witness Lee and your bible cannot be trusted. Here is the KJV

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, (2 Peter 1:1-2 KJV)

Notice the difference :
    Your bible says : .. the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ.
    The correct bible says ... the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Notice where the word OUR is. Whoever did the translation in your bible was a deceitful crooked piece of garbage. And because you are desperate to prove that God and Jesus are one and the same that difference in the wording will escape you. Plus if you were not the cherry picking type you would see that later on Peter refers to God and Jesus as two separate and distinct entities.

For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (2 Peter 1:17 KJV)

Jesus received from God, honor and glory. Case closed.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '21 18:354 edits
    Recovery Version
    in the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ

Other English translations of the New Testament agreeing with that of the Recovery Version on 2 Pet. 1:1

English Standard Version
    by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

Berean Study Bible
    To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:

NIV
    through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:

New Living Translation
    the justice and fairness of Jesus Christ, our God and Savior.

Berean Literal Bible
    through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

New King James Version

New American Standard Bible
    by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:

NASB 1995

NASB 1977
    by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ

Amplified Bible
    [by God’s will] a precious faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:

Christian Standard Bible

through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

Amplified Bible

Christian Standard Bible

Holman Christian Standard Bible

Contemporary English Version
    the privilege of believing that our God and Savior Jesus Christ will do what is just and fair.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    equal faith with us in the justice of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ.

English Revised Version
    precious faith with us in the righteousness of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ:
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jan '21 22:23
    @sonship said
    Recovery Version
    in the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ

Other English translations of the New Testament agreeing with that of the Recovery Version on 2 Pet. 1:1

English Standard Version

Berean Study Bible
    To those who through the righte ...[text shortened]... rsion
    precious faith with us in the righteousness of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ:
    All that means nothing. The KJV of 1611 has a different meaning. New translations are dime a dozen and all that happens is that someone decides that the bible needs to be rewritten to suit their doctrines. That actually makes it wrong. Several Christian sects have their pet translations. In 100 years there will be a new translation by Witness Lee devotees which removes all of the teachings of Christ pertaining to good works.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '21 22:434 edits

Removed by poster

10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '21 22:593 edits
    All that means nothing.

Kink James Only-ism is a quack and looney conspiracy paranoia and
    Conservatism for conservatism's sake, like flat a earth society.

King James Controversy (Dr. James R White)

YouTube&ab_channel=ChristianMediaProductions
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 12:54
    @sonship said
    All that means nothing.

Kink James Only-ism is a quack and looney conspiracy paranoia and
    Conservatism for conservatism's sake, like flat a earth society.

King James Controversy (Dr. James R White)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emcmhi4Ijb4&ab_channel=ChristianMediaProductions
    I dont watch youtube videos. If you cant make your point in a couple brief sentences then its not worth the trouble reading. In any case, most crooked people can find a way to justify not taking the Gods word as it was written in its original format, and demonstrate to the gullible why a better translation is needed.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 13:011 edit
    @Rajk999

Those who hate the light do not come to the light lest their deeds be exposed.

You will always have many unbelievers here who will not much oppose you.
    That is because they recognize you as one of them.

"They are of the world; therefore they speak out of the world, and the world hears them." (look it up)
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 13:15
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

Those who hate the light do not come to the light lest their deeds be exposed.

You will always have many unbelievers here who will not much oppose you.
    That is because they recognize you as one of them.

"They are of the world; therefore they speak out of the world, and the world hears them." (look it up)
    Sounds like you.

The light is Christ.
    The light is righteousness.
    The light is good works.
    You hate righteousness and good works.
    Therefore you hate Christ and you hate the light.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 18:48
    @sonship

“If light is in your heart, you will find your way home.”

Rumi
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 23:02
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

What did Rumi mean by this?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree