Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 15:31
    @rookie54 said
    if i had a set of wings
    and i could fly like a pigeon
    i'd plop fresh artwork upon yer heads
    and laugh just a smidgen
    you would need a digestion for that...it is unclear if Angels have one I think 😉
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 15:401 edit
    @lemondrop said
    anything?
    is it an eternity of blah?
    Last time the angels decided to have some fun God ended up destroying the earth with the flood

[i]And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. (Genesis 6:1-7 KJV)
  6. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 16:11
    @rajk999 said
    Last time the angels decided to have some fun God ended up destroying the earth with the flood

[i]And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always striv ...[text shortened]... ping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. (Genesis 6:1-7 KJV)
    an all powerful God that couldn't control his children
    sounds a little weak to me
    am I missing something?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 16:14
    @lemondrop said
    an all powerful God that couldn't control his children
    sounds a little weak to me
    am I missing something?
    Its the smarter thing to do
    Which is better:
    - someone doing the right thing voluntarily
    - someone being forced to do the right thing
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 08:55
    @lemondrop said
    anything?
    is it an eternity of blah?
    Chess with human lives.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 09:29
    @lemondrop
    what do angels do for fun?

Crowd onto the head of a pin and then wait for "theologians" like sonship to count them.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 21:11
    @FMF

Maybe if you weren't such a chronic liar you wouldn't have to label all other behavior as "sanctimonious".

Go back over my posts for as many years as you need and find one in which I argued about some number count of angels.
  11. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 21:17
    one of life's greatest pleasures is holding close someone you love
    comforting them
    laughing with them

is there any fornicating in heaven?
    is it living an eternity in a monastery
    with a slap on the back from the master now and then
    without pleasure there can be no joy
    heaven is a sterile and joyless existence
    I, for one, am glad it only exists in the minds of believers
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 21:24
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Maybe if you weren't such a chronic liar you wouldn't have to label all other behavior as "sanctimonious".

Go back over my posts for as many years as you need and find one in which I argued about some number count of angels.
    Counting angels on the head of a pin is used figuratively as arcane intellectual speculation; often used as an example of a pursuit of something which is of no value. (Like counting the hairs on your head or blades of grass in a field).

You have chosen (bizarrely) to take the statement literally and then make an embarrassing accusation of lying.
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 21:37
    @rajk999 said

[i]And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always striv ...[text shortened]... ping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. (Genesis 6:1-7 KJV)
    What had the creeping things and fowls of the air ever done wrong? Collateral damage, I guess, and he (assuming he) made a lousy job of destroying man, there's still quite a lot of 'man' around, still I daresay thinking evil thoughts. Didn't really work, did it, and all those dead creeping things and fowls....

And what do angels do for fun? They visit supermarkets, although only the few here will know what I'm talking about.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 22:45
    @indonesia-phil said
    What had the creeping things and fowls of the air ever done wrong? Collateral damage, I guess, and he (assuming he) made a lousy job of destroying man, there's still quite a lot of 'man' around, still I daresay thinking evil thoughts. Didn't really work, did it, and all those dead creeping things and fowls....

And what do angels do for fun? They visit supermarkets, although only the few here will know what I'm talking about.
    I guess that was not a big deal. Imagine a being that can move lifeforms all over the universe. Our tiny minds may look at it as death and destruction but for God it is just a minor rearrangement of lives from Earth to another planet in a distant galaxy far far away.
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 22:57
    @rajk999 said
    I guess that was not a big deal. Imagine a being that can move lifeforms all over the universe. Our tiny minds may look at it as death and destruction but for God it is just a minor rearrangement of lives from Earth to another planet in a distant galaxy far far away.
    Are you smoking something?

What are you 'guessing' was not a big deal? Killing all the creeping things and the fowls? It may have been quite a big deal for the creeping things and the fowls, or are you saying that he/she/it didn't really kill them, but merely moved them to the planet Zog?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree