1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 00:38
    @chaney3 said
    Is the assumption here that while Jesus was on earth He was 100% human?
    No.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 00:46
    @chaney3 said
    Whether or not He felt the pain would determine the argument that His beating and crucifixion was the sacrifice.
    I don't think suffering some pain is much in the way of a sacrifice, indeed does it really involve giving up anything at all?

Is the pain of childbirth a sacrifice? No, I wouldn't say so. It's suffering, but it isn't sacrificial.

Is dying in the act of childbirth knowingly, so that a baby can be born and live a sacrifice? Yes.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 01:00
    @fmf said
    I don't think suffering some pain is much in the way of a sacrifice, indeed does it really involve giving up anything at all?

Is the pain of childbirth a sacrifice? No, I wouldn't say so. It's suffering, but it isn't sacrificial.

Is dying in the act of childbirth knowingly, so that a baby can be born and live a sacrifice? Yes.
    I would assume that most Christians believe that the beating and crucifixion of Jesus, especially as portrayed in "Passion of the Christ", was the sacrifice.

But if He was God before, during, and after, as posed in your OP, it is an interesting question.
  4. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 01:14
    @fmf said
    This screed of yours about guilt, shame, and "sin" does not address the question. If the divine Jesus ~ who has always existed and always will ~ supposedly went back to being God again after dying ~ and was never "not God" during his years of being God incarnate on Earth ~ what exactly did he sacrifice?
    You’re not grasping the answer, it has been answered.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 01:58
    @fmf said
    You think I am evil and that I should feel guilt and shame. Got it.

So, If the divine Jesus went back to being God again after dying ~ and was never "not God" during his years of being God incarnate on Earth ~ what exactly did he sacrifice?
    His holiness when He became sin.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 03:01
    @kellyjay said
    His holiness when He became sin.
    Was he "evil" then while he supposedly walked the Earth? Is he not "holy" anymore? Did he lose it? Where is the sacrifice?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 03:06
    @mike69 said
    You’re not grasping the answer, it has been answered.
    Nope. I grasp the theology just fine. I am familiar with it, of course. But you merely trotting it out is not answering the question. The sensical quality of your ideology is being called to question. Taking a leaf out of KellyJay's book and saying "you're not grasping it, you're not grasping it, you're not grasping it, you're not grasping it... " over and over again amounts to a kind of evasion.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 03:08
    @chaney3 said
    I would assume that most Christians believe that the beating and crucifixion of Jesus, especially as portrayed in "Passion of the Christ", was the sacrifice.
    Well, I am not Christian, and if their stance amounts to 'We believe it was a sacrifice because we believe it was a sacrifice, then that is a matter for them.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 03:09
    @chaney3 said
    If He was God before, during, and after, as posed in your OP, it is an interesting question.
    Of course, it is an interesting question.
  10. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 08:02
    @fmf said
    Nope. I grasp the theology just fine. I am familiar with it, of course. But you merely trotting it out is not answering the question. The sensical quality of your ideology is being called to question. Taking a leaf out of KellyJay's book and saying "you're not grasping it, you're not grasping it, you're not grasping it, you're not grasping it... " over and over again amounts to a kind of evasion.
    Never said it before, see you do it all the time. Are you never wrong, or not understand something, ever?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 09:38
    @fmf said
    Was he "evil" then while he supposedly walked the Earth? Is he not "holy" anymore? Did he lose it? Where is the sacrifice?
    For one who claims to be familiar with the faith how is it you are forever asking the most basic of questions? He was punished for all of our transgressions, He took on all of our punishments. The debt is paid in full in Christ, and you call that wrong, the goodness of God’s mercy on our behalf. The greatest act of love you shun and belittle, every good thing He has done for you, you are not thankful but hold His kindness in distain, rejecting Him to His face.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 09:59
    @kellyjay said
    For one who claims to be familiar with the faith how is it you are forever asking the most basic of questions?
    I am asking you to explain YOUR beliefs and, as you so often do, you deflect by somehow appealing to what I believed over two decades ago. Why are you so feeble? Doesn't your faith give you strength and courage?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 10:03
    @kellyjay said
    He was punished for all of our transgressions, He took on all of our punishments. The debt is paid in full in Christ, and you call that wrong, the goodness of God’s mercy on our behalf.
    What have I called "wrong", KellyJay?

Don't be so disingenuous.

You still aren't describing a "sacrifice".

Your God figure lost nothing, sacrificed nothing ~ except in the rote-learned doctrine that you recite.

He was God before, God during and God afterwards.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 10:04
    @kellyjay said
    The greatest act of love you shun and belittle, every good thing He has done for you, you are not thankful but hold His kindness in distain, rejecting Him to His face.
    I have no credible reason to believe this "greatest act of love" happened. How can I be "thankful" for it? Hello, KellyJay. I am a non-believer. Have we not met and talked before?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 10:051 edit
    @fmf said
    I am asking you to explain YOUR beliefs and, as you so often do, you deflect by somehow appealing to what I believed over two decades ago. Why are you so feeble? Doesn't your faith give you strength and courage?
    Yes, yes, yes, and when that is done you just spout you understand them and do
    not acknowledge them. Feeble are your attacks on the great mercy that God has
    shown us by belittling it, droning on and on that if we don't believe we go to hell
    while it is the most underserving thing for us that God has done you act as if it
    is a great evil, you take the love of God can call it evil. this is how wicked and evil
    you have become Anti-Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree