1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 10:00
    @kellyjay
    How do you describe the events or process by which you became a Christian?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 10:02
    @divegeester said
    @kellyjay
    How do you describe the events or process by which you became a Christian?
    God called, I answered.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 10:071 edit
    @divegeester said
    Christianity was part of my upbringing and I didn’t become a Christian until I was nearly 30, so I’m not sure what you are trying to say about it not being part of your upbringing.
    I wasn't in a Christian family, God had no part in our lives, and nothing of it was
    real or thought important. I have no religious training, and no one telling me
    about God, there was no upbringing to draw on for God in my life. It was mainly
    the world, drinking, drugs, and all that went with that was how I grew up.

When I became a Christian, my world flipped!
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 10:16
    @kellyjay said
    People walk away for a variety of reasons, some real, some imaginary, they walk
    away from a variety of things some real, some imaginary.
    It is you who seems to be walking away after several pages of waffle where you were intent on not engaging my attempts to engage you on the thread topic.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 12:59
    @kellyjay said

When I became a Christian, my world flipped!
    And you became a Christian be hearing “God calling” you say above.

Are you saying across these few posts, that without any human Christian intervention, conversation or contact that you heard “God calling”?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 16:50
    @fmf said
    It is you who seems to be walking away after several pages of waffle where you were intent on not engaging my attempts to engage you on the thread topic.
    Thanks for your opinion
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 17:02
    @divegeester said
    And you became a Christian be hearing “God calling” you say above.

Are you saying across these few posts, that without any human Christian intervention, conversation or contact that you heard “God calling”?
    Of course he used Christians, but I didn’t have Christians in my life growing up and when I became a Christian I also didn’t have Christians as friends I ran around with. I did bump into a few who shared a little here and there.

I never prayed for anything, didn’t concern myself to much about good and evil. It wasn’t until I got into a ton of trouble that I prayed. After that it opened up for a for lack of a better word, a dialog between God and I, which led me to Christ.

Even then I hung onto some of my old life for a little while but it died as all the pleasures I used to get dried up.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 21:46
    @kellyjay said
    Of course he used Christians, but I didn’t have Christians in my life growing up and when I became a Christian I also didn’t have Christians as friends I ran around with. I did bump into a few who shared a little here and there.
    When you say “he”, I guessing you meant “I”.

Anyway I don’t understand what you mean by “God called and (you) answered if you didn’t have any contact with Christians whatsoever. How did this “call of God” manifest itself?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 22:40
    @divegeester said
    When you say “he”, I guessing you meant “I”.

Anyway I don’t understand what you mean by “God called and (you) answered if you didn’t have any contact with Christians whatsoever. How did this “call of God” manifest itself?
    I should have said "He" because I meant God. With respect to how did the call
    manifest itself, hard to put into words, I doubt I can do it justice outside of saying
    I knew I was being given a choice. This was not due to peer pressure, I didn't have
    any, like I said no one was in my life asking me to choose. All my friends I partied
    with none of them were asking me to make a choice.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 22:53
    @kellyjay said
    I should have said "He" because I meant God. With respect to how did the call
    manifest itself, hard to put into words, I doubt I can do it justice outside of saying
    I knew I was being given a choice.
    How did you know what the calling was, how could you know what the choice was if you hadn’t been mixing with any Christians, no one coaches or counselled you and you hadn’t been reading the bible?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 23:34
    @divegeester said
    How did you know what the calling was, how could you know what the choice was if you hadn’t been mixing with any Christians, no one coaches or counselled you and you hadn’t been reading the bible?
    I knew there was something more to life than what I had, and I wasn't bad off either
    I had a job that made great money, I had just gotten out of the navy no bills, partying
    all the time, and knew there was more to life than what I had. I did say that off an
    on I did run into a Christian here and there, I was completely out of touch with the
    possibility of God.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '22 03:35
    @kellyjay said
    Thanks for your opinion
    If this hedgehoggery on your part signals that you have come to terms with the fact that we are only sharing personal opinions, then that is to be welcomed.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '22 05:382 edits
    @kellyjay said
    I knew there was something more to life than what I had, and I wasn't bad off either
    I had a job that made great money, I had just gotten out of the navy no bills, partying
    all the time, and knew there was more to life than what I had. I did say that off an
    on I did run into a Christian here and there, I was completely out of touch with the
    possibility of God.
    Ok thanks for that, but what I’m asking you is how did you know what the “calling” was, and how could you know what the “choice” you had to make was if you hadn’t been mixing with any Christians, and no one coached or counselled you and you hadn’t been reading the bible?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '22 06:01
    @kellyjay said was more to life than what I had. I did say that off anon I did run into a Christian here and there, I was completely out of touch with the
    possibility of God.
    These Christians who you ran into here and there didn’t coach you or talk to you about the possibility of God?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Sep '22 08:49
    @divegeester said
    Ok thanks for that, but what I’m asking you is how did you know what the “calling” was, and how could you know what the “choice” you had to make was if you hadn’t been mixing with any Christians, and no one coached or counselled you and you hadn’t been reading the bible?
    God is either real and active or not, what caused you to become a Christian?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree