1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 22:041 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I agree some create gods in theirimage, but in the beginning, it was the other way around.
    Not YOUR God figure, though, is that the long and short of it?

Does this assertion of faith by you create any burden of proof for me?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 22:05
    @fmf said
    You believe that our disagreement over this is caused by some problem with my intellect?
    BUMP for KellyJay.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 23:18
    @fmf said
    Not YOUR God figure, though, is that the long and short of it?

Does this assertion of faith by you create any burden of proof for me?
    Any burden you have, is not from me, if God requires something from you, that is between you and God.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 23:20
    @fmf said
    I have addressed your use of the words "mindlessness" and "mind" several times but you ignored them every time. You are not conversing in good faith.

We both know full well that, when you bandy about the terms "mindlessness" and "mind", it is inextricably tied up with your beliefs in an anthropomorphized entity - a "Him" - the Abrahamic God - in "whose image" you insist "we were made".
    Saying it could be isn't addressing anything.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 23:21
    @fmf said
    BUMP for KellyJay.
    I know you are your favorite subject and love to hear what others think about you,
    just insert whatever words you think answer your question, you don't need me for
    that, you put words in my mouth all the time.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 01:03
    @kellyjay said
    I know you are your favorite subject and love to hear what others think about you,
    just insert whatever words you think answer your question, you don't need me for
    that, you put words in my mouth all the time.
    Don't run away from your own words.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 01:05
    @kellyjay said
    Any burden you have, is not from me, if God requires something from you, that is between you and God.
    So you agree with the OP?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 01:12
    @kellyjay said
    Saying it could be isn't addressing anything.
    Saying "it could be" not only addresses the question, it's also true.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 02:24
    @fmf said
    Saying "it could be" not only addresses the question, it's also true.
    I was just amazed at your hard-hitting analysis, so thoughtful. It's funny you actually
    think you are saying something meaningful, either one could be true.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 02:371 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I was just amazed at your hard-hitting analysis, so thoughtful. It's funny you actually
    think you are saying something meaningful, either one could be true.
    I get that you are trying to be condescending towards me, KellyJay, but it will get you nowhere.

We do not know the origin of the universe.

You - based on your "pondering of it" - "committing to" a specific theological/ anthropomorphized narrative, "taking a side" [as you put it], being - as you see it - not "wishy-washy", and buying into the circular logic of a particular ancient mythology [wherein ...God must be like us because God made us in his image so we are like God so he must be the way he is because of what we think about ourselves and about him, etc. etc....] doesn't give you any philosophical altitude from which to attempt to condescend.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 09:05
    @fmf said
    I get that you are trying to be condescending towards me, KellyJay, but it will get you nowhere.

You - based on your "pondering of it" - "committing to" a specific theological/ anthropomorphized narrative, "taking a side" [as you put it], being - as you see it - not "wishy-washy", and buying into the circular logic of a particul ...[text shortened]... him, etc. etc....] doesn't give you any philosophical altitude from which to attempt to condescend.
    Concerning being condescending, you have a lot of nerve.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 09:241 edit
    @fmf said

You - based on your "pondering of it" - "committing to" a specific theological/ anthropomorphized narrative, "taking a side" [as you put it], being - as you see it - not "wishy-washy", and buying into the circular logic of a particul ...[text shortened]... him, etc. etc....] doesn't give you any philosophical altitude from which to attempt to condescend.
    What is the reasonable explanation, that the origin of the universe is here due to
    some mindless act without purpose or through design? Adding up all we know,
    at the heart of it all, at the root, the universe and life origin here done by unguided,
    meaninglessness, or with intent? If you don't care about the answer, it doesn't
    matter to you, does that mean it doesn't matter, no, only that you view it that way.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 10:15
    @kellyjay said
    What is the reasonable explanation, that the origin of the universe is here due to
    some mindless act without purpose or through design?
    When we are dealing with an unknown, what you happen to think is "the reasonable explanation" doesn't create any burden of proof for anyone else.

I have no reason to believe that a creator entity - if there is one - is a human-type being or that it has a "mind" or a "purpose" in the anthropomorphizing way you believe it does.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 10:20
    @kellyjay said
    Adding up all we know,at the heart of it all, at the root, the universe and life origin here done by unguided,meaninglessness, or with intent?
    Adding up all we know, I can speculate that there may well be a creator entity but what link there may be between such an entity, whatever its nature is, and human concepts of "meaninglessness" and "meaningfulness" and "purpose" and "intent", I just don't know and I don't think anyone knows. I am aware of your theological explanation but I do not subscribe to it.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 10:26
    @kellyjay said
    Concerning being condescending, you have a lot of nerve.
    Well, if by "nerve" you mean "confidence", then sure, of course. I am comfortable with my analysis of the human condition.

Unlike you, I don't suffer from the cognitive dissonance that you are clearly afflicted by much of the time when you try to discuss stuff with people who have different beliefs from you.

As I have said many times before, if you feel belittled, it is because, with a lot of what you post, you simply belittle yourself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree