1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '22 10:37
    @divegeester said
    So your assertion that “god called and [you] answered” when I asked how you became a Christian, and your subsequent furtive deflections about “bumping into the odd Christian…” wasn’t entirely true was it. Which is what I’ve been trying to unpick.

You see, Abraham was “called”, Samuel was “called” Moses was “called”, David was “called” but you weren’t “called”. You heard the gospel from other Christians same as we all did.
    Anyone can hear it, but what next?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '22 10:401 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Anyone can hear it, but what next?
    You heard the gospel from other Christians like we all did.

Why did you try to infer that you hardly spoke to another Christian and only bumped into them now and again?

Why did you talk about being “called by god”…Do you think you are somehow special?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '22 18:42
    @divegeester said

Why did you try to infer that you hardly spoke to another Christian and only bumped into them now and again?

Why did you talk about being “called by god”…Do you think you are somehow special?
    You are telling me God had nothing to do with your conversion?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '22 20:481 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You are telling me God had nothing to do with your conversion?
    I’m not telling you anything KellyJay; what I’m doing is questioning you about how you seem to be presenting yourself and your conversion in this forum. And I think it’s quite pridefully by inferring you were independently “called of God”, when the truth is you were informed of the gospel … the same as the rest of us.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '22 22:06
    @divegeester said
    I’m not telling you anything KellyJay; what I’m doing is questioning you about how you seem to be presenting yourself and your conversion in this forum. And I think it’s quite pridefully by inferring you were independently “called of God”, when the truth is you were informed of the gospel … the same as the rest of us.
    That is precisely what I am asking you, did you have an experience with God or not,
    because all the Christians I know did if you didn't?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '22 22:08
    @kellyjay said
    That is precisely what I am asking you, did you have an experience with God or not,
    because all the Christians I know did if you didn't?
    I will answer you unequivocally once you have acknowledged that the calling you had was relayed to you by other Christians who taught you.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '22 22:45
    @divegeester said
    I will answer you unequivocally once you have acknowledged that the calling you had was relayed to you by other Christians who taught you.
    I have told you, you did not comprehend, the only thing anyone can do is share
    the Word, so we plant, or we water, God makes it grow. You don't understand that
    I question anything you say about being a Christian.
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    24 Sep '22 23:321 edit
    @kellyjay said
    The snake isn't the cornerstone of my belief system or worldview, God created the
    universe out of nothing is, and with that comes all the other things like virgin birth,
    people rising from the dead, fire being called down from heaven, the blind healed,
    the lame walking, good, evil, the universe as it is. Everything follows from that what
    does mean to be human, righteousn ...[text shortened]... upbringing. I'm not the one who is pushing things beyond the
    reality of what is, that would be you.
    Oh dear, this is one of your best ones yet, and we understand that your belief in your god is a 'catch all', which explains everything very conveniently. Others, however, are not looking for convenience, but rather seek to understand what actually happened, and is happening. Starting from the premise of 'I don't know' is a perfectly reasonable place to start, this is how we accumulate knowledge, rather than believing the contradictory, unreasoned and frankly often ridiculous writings of a couple of thousand years ago.

Come on, you're pretty hot on beliefs; you may not know, but how old do you believe the earth to be, or is this something which you can't bear to tell us? According to you, 'I don't know' is an insufficient position to take, except when you take it. What does your bible tell you?

And as for repeatable results, we can't move for repeatable results. When a man hippopotamus meets a lady hippopotamus, if they fancy each other, (and who would not?) they might become romantically embroiled, and the result of this embroilment would be....A baby hippopotamus. (I call this my 'hippopotamus theory' ) It's all in the genes, dear boy, which are a natural, scientifically tested phenomenon, but then you don't think much of science, do you, all of those inconvenient facts just get in the way of your beliefs in a talking snake .

And as for Christianity not being a part of your upbringing, you're really having a laugh with that one; you're American, right, and what, in the religious sense, are most Americans? Hindus....? Muslims...? You've had Christianity rammed down your throat almost since you had a throat to ram it down, as have I, so don't go telling us you made it up all by yourself. If you turned to a god when your life was going off the rails then you have that in common with many people, and it's absolutely understandable, but the rails you are currently upon are leading you down a blind alley, and making you believe all kinds of weird stuff that makes no sense whatsoever. I know 'Making sense is unimportant to me' , but some of us don't think like that.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 00:12
    @indonesia-phil said
    Oh dear, this is one of your best ones yet, and we understand that your belief in your god is a 'catch all', which explains everything very conveniently. Others, however, are not looking for convenience, but rather seek to understand what actually happened, and is happening. Starting from the premise of 'I don't know' is a perfectly reasonable place to start, this is h ...[text shortened]... sense whatsoever. I know 'Making sense is unimportant to me' , but some of us don't think like that.
    Yes I am an American, and some think everything that every American does represents Christianity, from the drugs, sex, and violence you name it it’s the west it’s Christian, everything Hollywood produces is a picture of Christianity.

No, Jesus Christ is the only one who turns a person into a Christian, you can take on the label as you can being called Republicans or Democrat.

If you cannot explain the beginning you can not correct anyone with a reason why what they believe is wrong, you can only voice your opinion without cause with reasoning only your opinion.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 05:44
    @kellyjay said
    I question anything you say about being a Christian.
    Quid pro quo.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 05:531 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I have told you, you did not comprehend, the only thing anyone can do is share
    the Word, so we plant, or we water, God makes it grow.
    I’m very well versed in the Biblical mechanics of salvation KellyJay.

What I spotted (as you very well know) and what I am questioning you about, is you trying to infer a couple of pages back, that your salvation was so special that you were “called by God” and “given a choice” with virtually no contact with any Christians. Oh … except a couple of times when you happened to “bump into” them.

No, you were taught the gospel and about salvation and about these doctrines of death (such as eternal suffering) by Christians the same as we all were. But you’re prideful and you want to appear special, someone “called by God”. I’ve been around all types of Christians for virtually all my life and I’ve seen all sorts of attitudes and beliefs and I know the type.
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 06:10
    @divegeester said
    I’m very well versed in the Biblical mechanics of salvation KellyJay.

What I spotted (as you very well know) and what I am questioning you about, is you trying to infer a couple of pages back, that your salvation was so special that you were “called by God” and “given a choice” with virtually no contact with any Christians. Oh … except a couple of times when you happe ...[text shortened]... ians for virtually all my life and I’ve seen all sorts of attitudes and beliefs and I know the type.
    Never mind Kelly Jay, and never mind yourself. That's my advice.
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 06:141 edit
    @indonesia-phil said
    Oh dear, this is one of your best ones yet, and we understand that your belief in your god is a 'catch all', which explains everything very conveniently. Others, however, are not looking for convenience, but rather seek to understand what actually happened, and is happening. Starting from the premise of 'I don't know' is a perfectly reasonable place to start, this is h ...[text shortened]... sense whatsoever. I know 'Making sense is unimportant to me' , but some of us don't think like that.
    Just so you know: when people write in paragraphs (as you have done here), many other people will just skim past them, no matter how well-considered and well-written those paragraphs might have been.
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 06:261 edit
    @divegeester said

Edit: Scratch all that -- why have you not been permanently banned for your persistent and personal hounding of Kelly Jay?

And what Christ would approve of your behaviour?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 06:32

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree