1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Sep '22 08:50
    @divegeester said
    These Christians who you ran into here and there didn’t coach you or talk to you about the possibility of God?
    Yes, they did I said as much, a conversation here and there.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '22 09:02
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, they did I said as much, a conversation here and there.
    Well earlier you were saying that you had no contact with Christians just that you were “called by God” and “given a choice” and now you are saying that it was in fact other Christians who influenced you.

Which is it?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Sep '22 09:16
    @divegeester said
    Well earlier you were saying that you had no contact with Christians just that you were “called by God” and “given a choice” and now you are saying that it was in fact other Christians who influenced you.

Which is it?
    I guess you don't read well, that is not what I said, go back over the conversation
    I'm not going to repeat myself to you.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '22 09:361 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I guess you don't read well, that is not what I said, go back over the conversation
    I'm not going to repeat myself to you.
    Were Christians influential in your becoming a Christian or not KellyJay?

I asked you earlier and you said not.
    You also claimed that “God called you and you answered”.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Sep '22 10:271 edit
    @divegeester said
    Were Christians influential in your becoming a Christian or not KellyJay?

I asked you earlier and you said not.
    You also claimed that “God called you and you answered”.
    repost:

Of course he used Christians, but I didn’t have Christians in my life growing up and when I became a Christian I also didn’t have Christians as friends I ran around with. I did bump into a few who shared a little here and there.

I never prayed for anything, didn’t concern myself to much about good and evil. It wasn’t until I got into a ton of trouble that I prayed. After that it opened up for a for lack of a better word, a dialog between God and I, which led me to Christ.

Even then I hung onto some of my old life for a little while but it died as all the pleasures I used to get dried up.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '22 12:00
    @kellyjay said
    repost:

Of course he used Christians, but I didn’t have Christians in my life growing up and when I became a Christian I also didn’t have Christians as friends I ran around with. I did bump into a few who shared a little here and there.

I never prayed for anything, didn’t concern myself to much about good and evil. It wasn’t until I got into a ton of trouble that I pra ...[text shortened]... onto some of my old life for a little while but it died as all the pleasures I used to get dried up.
    Repost

And you became a Christian by hearing “God calling” you say above.

Are you saying across these few posts, that without any human Christian intervention, conversation or contact that you heard “God calling”?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Sep '22 17:00
    @divegeester said
    Repost

Are you saying across these few posts, that without any human Christian intervention, conversation or contact that you heard “God calling”?
    You didn’t?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '22 22:52
    @kellyjay said
    You didn’t?
    Is that a yes, or a no?

You seem to have trouble even being honest about how you became a Christian.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Sep '22 23:56
    @divegeester said
    Is that a yes, or a no?

You seem to have trouble even being honest about how you became a Christian.
    I've been straight forward, you not seeing that, I cannot help.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '22 00:43
    @divegeester said
    Repost

3x because you don't read to understand, "Of course he used Christians, "
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '22 04:59
    @kellyjay said
    3x because you don't read to understand, "Of course he used Christians, "
    Ok let’s start again, seems I’ve been misunderstanding you, sorry. I was interested in how you came to be a Christian and you said “god called, I answered”, which seemed a little top-line and quite unusual tbh.

You then explained that you had had minimal contact with any Christians in fact you only “bumped into a few here and there”.

So what I’m trying to understand is wether or not the reason you became a Christian was due to those few “here and there” interactions with other Christians or not?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '22 09:54
    @divegeester said
    Ok let’s start again, seems I’ve been misunderstanding you, sorry. I was interested in how you came to be a Christian and you said “god called, I answered”, which seemed a little top-line and quite unusual tbh.

You then explained that you had had minimal contact with any Christians in fact you only “bumped into a few here and there”.

So what I’m trying to understan ...[text shortened]... became a Christian was due to those few “here and there” interactions with other Christians or not?
    God can use the whole universe, He did use Christians with me, they gave me the
    gospel. You seem to be missing a key point in Christianity which might explain why
    you have not been answering my questions. Christians have a living hope, it isn't
    just a piece of dogma, God is alive and well, and rules the entire universe if He was
    not the reason for your conversion, what was, just note if it is for any reasons outside
    of God what makes you think you have God? There are many who are going to say
    Lord in your name we did this, and Jesus' replay will be, I never knew you.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '22 10:05
    @kellyjay said
    You seem to be missing a key point in Christianity which might explain why
    you have not been answering my questions.
    Nonsense KellyJay, I will answer any question you care to put me.

Fire away old boy.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '22 10:10
    @kellyjay said
    He did use Christians with me, they gave me the
    gospel.
    So your assertion that “god called and [you] answered” when I asked how you became a Christian, and your subsequent furtive deflections about “bumping into the odd Christian…” wasn’t entirely true was it. Which is what I’ve been trying to unpick.

You see, Abraham was “called”, Samuel was “called” Moses was “called”, David was “called” but you weren’t “called”. You heard the gospel from other Christians same as we all did.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '22 10:37
    @divegeester said
    Nonsense KellyJay, I will answer any question you care to put me.

Fire away old boy.
    We will see, I asked you again and again about what if you are wrong about hell in
    our other discussion.

In this one, is God real in your life, is Christ in you, you would know, not me?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree