1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Mar '20 19:30
    Can an unrepentant sinner remain in their sins and be okay, because God loves them? Why does word repent come up in scripture if that were the truth?
  2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    07 Mar '20 22:13
    @kellyjay said
    Can an unrepentant sinner remain in their sins and be okay, because God loves them? Why does word repent come up in scripture if that were the truth?
    god loves his children until they die
    unlike me who will always love my children
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '20 22:441 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Unconditional love is a love which loves without any conditions whatsoever.

It is certainly not the kind of love which turns into the apocalyptic genocidal eternal torture which you propagate as being your version of God just doing what he has to do to those people whom he loves without condition.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Mar '20 23:13
    @kellyjay said
    Can an unrepentant sinner remain in their sins and be okay, because God loves them?
    I have been watching the way you construct your "arguments". Why don't you stick to your usual method? Why don't you just answer your own question in whatever way prefer, then declare this answer to be "the truth", and then deny that your opinion is an opinion on the basis that it conforms to "reality"?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Mar '20 23:211 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Can an unrepentant sinner remain in their sins and be okay, because God loves them?
    "Sin" is something that only exists in the minds and thoughts of people who believe there is an anthropomorphized supernatural will to transgress.

This is the same place - in their brains - where questions like 'Does God love me?' reside.

Take a look in that place in your brain and decide for yourself what you think "unconditional love" means.

Then propagate that idea and declare anything that contradicts it to be not "true".
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Mar '20 23:29
    @kellyjay said
    Why does word repent come up in scripture if that were the truth?
    Feelings of contrition and the desire to see contrition in others has always been an element of the human condition because it is part and parcel of the interpersonal lubrication that keeps the moral cogs of communal living turning.

It's no wonder that contrition is a feature of religious texts, along with other literature, folklore, public discourse, and even legal systems.

It's a quintessentially human trait. It's an integral part of social- and self-governance, regardless of what religious writing is reflecting it. That's why it "comes up in scripture".
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Mar '20 23:46
    @kellyjay said
    Why the disconnect between the topic title and the content of the OP?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '20 00:14
    @suzianne said
    The connection is clear. Obviously, Kellyjay's view is that the "love" is not "unconditional" and is, instead, conditional upon there being repentance for "sins". There are plenty enough disconnects in what KellyJay thinks and writes without calling him out when there HASN'T been one.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Mar '20 02:57
    @suzianne said
    You think there is a disconnect? How do you define both as you see them?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Mar '20 03:24
    @fmf said
    The connection is clear. Obviously, Kellyjay's view is that the "love" is not "unconditional" and is, instead, conditional upon there being repentance for "sins". There are plenty enough disconnects in what KellyJay thinks and writes without calling him out when there HASN'T been one.
    If KJ believes God's love is "not unconditional", then that is the disconnect. The title clearly contains the word "unconditional".

Why do I always have some kind of idiotic semantic fight with you? I said there was a disconnect and then you say the connection is clear and then go on to describe the very disconnect I was talking about.

You know, if you're only going to respond to me to disagree, even when you don't, then don't bother responding to me. I've already told you numerous times that I do not wish to play your games.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Mar '20 03:26
    @kellyjay said
    You think there is a disconnect? How do you define both as you see them?
    Do you think God's love is "unconditional"? Or is it instead conditioned upon our actions?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '20 04:34
    @suzianne said
    If KJ believes God's love is "not unconditional", then that is the disconnect. The title clearly contains the word "unconditional".
    There is no "disconnect". KellyJay's meaning is crystal clear. The thread title is a question.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '20 04:38
    @suzianne said
    I've already told you numerous times that I do not wish to play your games.
    No "game" is being played, Suzianne. There is no disconnect between the thread's title and the thread's OP. If you disagree, so be it.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '20 04:42
    @suzianne said
    Do you think God's love is "unconditional"? Or is it instead conditioned upon our actions?
    Do you see 'repenting' as an action?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '20 04:56
    @divegeester said
    Unconditional love is a love which loves without any conditions whatsoever.
    It would seem though that the prevailing ideology here, whether you yourself subscribe to it or not, is that a Christian ~ if he or she is to avoid "damnation" ~ must have faith in God, must worship God, must love God, must believe "in" Jesus, must obey the commandments - including those of Jesus, must do good works [otherwise the "faith is dead"], and must repent their"sins". Plenty to "do", in fact. Meeting those conditions aside, perhaps that is when the "unconditional love" kicks in.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree