Trying to date Creation

Trying to date Creation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
30 Jun 21

Supposing that the Earth was created by God as described in Genesis, how old would the Earth appear?

I am tring to clear up some basic assumptions. The first assumption would be to be able to calculate the age of the earth based on the time of creation.

I start off the another creation, Adam. How old would Adam have appeared an hour after creation? Would he appear to be one hour old? Would he be a pile of cells developing into a fetus? Would he appear to be a baby that was born an hour ago?

According to the Bible, Adam was created as a man, which means he had to appear to be at least 16 years old. He was actually physically much older than his actual age.

In the same way, the Earth could have easily been created with age. Going out even further, the entire Universe could have been created with age. Creation was not from a physcial beginning, as things would naturally occur.

This means that nothing of the physical universe can be used to date Creation. Even if the universe were proven to be a billion years old, that does not mean it was not created with nearly a billion years of evolution in place.

Just saying...

F

Moves
30 Jun 21

@eladar said
This means that nothing of the physical universe can be used to date Creation. Even if the universe were proven to be a billion years old, that does not mean it was not created with nearly a billion years of evolution in place.
Sounds like good news for people who believe that the Earth was created by God as described in Genesis.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
30 Jun 21

@eladar said
Supposing that the Earth was created by God as described in Genesis, how old would the Earth appear?

I am tring to clear up some basic assumptions. The first assumption would be to be able to calculate the age of the earth based on the time of creation.

I start off the another creation, Adam. How old would Adam have appeared an hour after creation? Would he appear to ...[text shortened]... oes not mean it was not created with nearly a billion years of evolution in place.

Just saying...
God made it look to be billions of years old to test people's faith.

If you have enough faith, you know it's only 6,000 years old. 😂😂😂

Moves
30 Jun 21

@eladar said
In the same way, the Earth could have easily been created with age.
“Easily”?

E

Moves
30 Jun 21

@bigdoggproblem said

If God exists, then he is perfect. Do you think God would be incapable of creating a consistant Universe?

Adam is the example for anyone with eyes.

But hey, if you want to believe God is stupid, therefore you can have evidence that the Bible is wrong, go for it. I am sure it will make you feel more secure in your beliefs.

E

Moves
30 Jun 21

@divegeester said
“Easily”?
Yes, easily.

It is more likely that the earth was created with age, than as something that did not have age. Look at the rest of the creation account and see if anything was created as if it had no age at all.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Jun 21

@eladar said

I start off the another creation, Adam. How old would Adam have appeared an hour after creation? Would he appear to ...[text shortened]... oes not mean it was not created with nearly a billion years of evolution in place.

Just saying...
You appear to be assuming that the days were 24 hr periods.

E

Moves
30 Jun 21

@rajk999 said
You appear to be assuming that the days were 24 hr periods.
I make no asumption on the issue. I am only making the point that no matter how you try to date it, there is not way of judging the of creation trying to use physical evidence.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
30 Jun 21

@eladar said
If God exists, then he is perfect. Do you think God would be incapable of creating a consistant Universe?

But hey, if you want to believe God is stupid, therefore you can have evidence that the Bible is wrong, go for it. I am sure it will make you feel more secure in your beliefs.
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what your point is.

I'm sure it makes sense to you, but you have failed to convert your meaning to the audience.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Jun 21

@eladar said
I make no asumption on the issue. I am only making the point that no matter how you try to date it, there is not way of judging the of creation trying to use physical evidence.
Well, by both physical evidence and the biblical account, the universe is far older than 6000 years. According to the bible there was stuff going on between Satan and God. Who knows how long that going on.

Moves
01 Jul 21

@bigdoggproblem said

I have a cousin who (many years ago) claimed dinosaur bones had been put in rocks by God to test man's faith. Don't know if he still believes that.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
01 Jul 21

@eladar said

“ Adam is the example for anyone with eyes. ”
Have you seen Adam then? You seem to be offering a fictional character created by a fictional supernatural being as evidence of the existence of said supernatural being. Say hi to your colon for me whilst your up there.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
01 Jul 21
1 edit

@bigdoggproblem said

I'm sure it makes sense to you, but you have failed to convert your meaning to the audience.
He seems to be attempting the Cartesian Circle in much the same way that circus clowns attempt to ride tricycles.

E

Moves
01 Jul 21
1 edit

@kevcvs57 said
“ Adam is the example for anyone with eyes. ”
Have you seen Adam then? You seem to be offering a fictional character created by a fictional supernatural being as evidence of the existence of said supernatural being. Say hi to your colon for me whilst your up there.
I suppose it is difficult for you to participate in a thought experiment. I defined the assumptions in this example in the original post...

This means that we assume the Genesis account is true. If it is true, then...

Maybe you understand it now. Maybe you cannot understant. I do not underestimate your lack of intelligence.

E

Moves
01 Jul 21

@bigdoggproblem said

I cannot help it if you are so blinded by your beliefs you cannot understand a different perspective. You have simply demonstrated yourself to be a closed minded true believer.

That's ok.