Truth- Absolute or Relative?

Truth- Absolute or Relative?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
Ironic indeed that he spends so much time arguing about ‘subjective truth’. If there is no absolute truth there’s no point in arguing about anything as everyone is right in their own eyes anyways.
If you think you are the measure/judge of truth what else is there!

F

Moves
12 Sep 19

@kellyjay said
He alters other people words and their meanings to suit his arguments and suggest how he views them is the absolute truth!

Spends a lot of time telling people why, how, and what their motivation is!
"Absolute truth"?

F

Moves
12 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
Ironic indeed that he spends so much time arguing about ‘subjective truth’. If there is no absolute truth there’s no point in arguing about anything as everyone is right in their own eyes anyways.
You are entitled to your personal opinion about what the "absolute truth" is regarding matters like supernatural causality and divine law.

F

Moves
12 Sep 19

@kellyjay said
If you think you are the measure/judge of truth what else is there!
You are entitled to assert that everyone should agree with your personal opinion about "the measure/judge of truth".

F

Moves
12 Sep 19

@kellyjay said
Spends a lot of time telling people why, how, and what their motivation is!
I think your motivation and my motivation are like pretty much everybody else's motivation here: sharing and discussing our perspectives on issues related to spirituality.

F

Moves
12 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
If is a conditional clause there is nothing subjective about it. If... then... because are phases used to explain a logical consequence.
It means you are speculating about supernatural things and the supposed "consequences" of things you cannot demonstrate are "true" other than in your imagination. This makes all your assertions subjective and conjecture.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
It’s not surprising then that you side with the atheists most of the times since you seemingly believe truth is not absolute.
What is surprising or unsurprising to you is an example of subjective truth.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Sep 19

@kellyjay said
When you think everything that is really true is only true because you say so, you tend to find some reason, any reason to attack the absolute. The lie at the beginning is still spread today.
No one here is lying not even you. Your belief, your opinion that I am lying is an example of subjective truth.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
So how do you know that it’s true?
Your increasingly weak responses and repetition of them indicates that you are sliding into @fetchmyjunk mode.

Of course my opinion on this is an example of a subjective truth.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Sep 19

@secondson said
Absurd logic.
It's not a question of belief. It's knowing.
Knowing God exists is having certain(complete, definite) knowledge of an immutable truth. i.e., God exists. It's entirely objective. If it were subjective it would be less than immutable because God's existence would be contingent on one's feelings.
It is not absurd logic is is correct logic.

You claiming that you “know” God exists, is still your opinion no matter how many times you assert it, and with whatever conviction you assert it with.

Your claimed knowledge is only true to you personally and therefore is subjective truth.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Sep 19

@secondson said
For example: if God exists, then the assertion "God is" is absolutely immutable, and entirely objective, not reliant on subjective feelings.
The key word in your post is “if”, which you have correct highlighted and bolded.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Sep 19

@secondson said
Where it is subjective is in one's emotional response to the immutable.
Incorrect. Emotions impact our thoughts and behaviours, they are not thoughts or behaviours themselves. How you feel is not thinking, it is not believing.

Nevertheless, all thoughts and all emotions are subjective. Only you feel your emotions and only you think your thoughts, that is subjectivity.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Sep 19

@secondson said
Absurd logic.

It's not a question of belief. It's knowing.

Knowing God exists is having certain(complete, definite) knowledge of an immutable truth. i.e., God exists. It's entirely objective.

If it were subjective it would be less than immutable because God's existence would be contingent on one's feelings.

For example: if God exists, then the assertion ...[text shortened]... t on subjective feelings.

Where it is subjective is in one's emotional response to the immutable.
You would fare better in this thread if you looked up the meaning of “subjective” and “objective” in a dictionary.

You would fare better in other threads if you looked up the meaning of “metaphor” and “metaphorical”.

In fact I would keep a dictionary nearby at all times if I were you.

(Btw: Everything in this post is subjective.)

c

Moves
13 Sep 19

@divegeester said
You would fare better in this thread if you looked up the meaning of “subjective” and “objective” in a dictionary.

You would fare better in other threads if you looked up the meaning of “metaphor” and “metaphorical”.

In fact I would keep a dictionary nearby at all times if I were you.

(Btw: Everything in this post is subjective.)
Dive, you ignore scripture about hell.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
E.g if you jump off a cliff you are probably going to die. Where’s the subjectivity in that?
The subjectivity is in the use of the word “probably”. Your poor example reveals your lack of understanding on this topic and something in your mind, some sort of damaged stubbornness perhaps, is preventing you from being open to your error.

You are living in a mindset of logical fallacies Daniel.