To our atheist friends

To our atheist friends

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by JS357
Not true. I said it is reasonable for someone to ask me to refrain. If there were a God, he/she would be someone.
ok, sorry for that, a misunderstanding, can i ask you why you think it is reasonable,
under the given circumstances.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
ok, sorry for that, a misunderstanding, can i ask you why you think it is reasonable,
Again, ignoring my argument.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
I have answered your questions fully and diligently, all you state is your opinions, you
never give any reason, you think this, you think that, you think religion controls
people, you think that it suppresses women, these are not reasons, they are opinions,
there is a difference.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12
1 edit

this is addressed not to you, but to JS357

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

it doesn't need to be for you to have an opinion about them though, does it FMF, after
all, they are no more relevant to our atheist friends yet thy have opinions about them,
barbaric i think was the term.
You asked us what our opinions were. Now you are saying they are "irrelevant" because they are not the same as your beliefs and opinions.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
You asked us what our opinions were. Now you are saying they are "irrelevant" because they are not the same as your beliefs and opinions.
yes i did ask you opinions were, but i was hoping that they might be substantiated with
reason, that is, other than, because i think so, or because i say they are. I dont mind if
they are different from the Bibles, i expected that. I have not said you should not do
this, or you should not do that, have I, so please try to be reasonable.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12
1 edit

yes i did ask you opinions were, but i was hoping that they might be substantiated with
reason, that is, other than, because i think so, or because i say they are.
Anyone reading this thread will be struck by the lengths to which you have gone to dodge discussing the responses of other posters. The only person who has come anywhere near offering "because i think so" as an 'argument', has, ironically, been you - when you asserted that homosexuality should be forbidden because your religion's literature "says so".

Moves
14 Jan 12

Why do I think it is reasonable to ask me to refrain from doing something? Because a reasonable way for them to let me know that they do not want me to do it, is to ask me not to do it. Of course they could also just say "I want you to refrain from doing that." That would be reasonable too, telling me what they want.

I don't understand why this is such a big deal. Are you using "ask" to mean something besides "to request"?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Jan 12

I have answered your questions fully and diligently, all you state is your opinions, you
never give any reason, you think this, you think that, you think religion controls
people, you think that it suppresses women, these are not reasons, they are opinions,
there is a difference.
The fact that gays have genetic differences is not an opinion. The fact that certain religions actively suppress women is a fact, like in shiria law. Maybe you have not heard about the fact it is illegal for women to even be able to drive a car in Saudi Arabia, a country with some of the strictest shiria laws in the world, they in fact control the government, who made a deal with islamics decades ago to share power and that is only one result.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Anyone reading this thread will be struck by the lengths you have gone to dodge discussing the responses of other posters. The only person who has come anywhere near offering "because i think so" as an 'argument', has been you - when you asserted that homosexuality should be forbidden because your religion's literature "says so".
yes, but you have failed to grasp, that it was not about whether homosexuality was
legitimate or otherwise, but whether it was reasonable for God to ask the Israelites to
desist from it and other sexual practices. It was not I who proceeded to plunge the
argument into another bible v homosexuality, was it. I was merely trying to ascertain
whether Gods Laws were reasonable and it seems that I have been vindicated in view
of the lack of any substantiated reason to the contrary, other than privacy issues
and freedom issues, reflected in the opinions of some posters, only JS35 thought it was
reasonable, but has not stated why. Hopefully he will. Anyhow, its late 5:22 Am and i
need to sleep, goodnight or morning or afternoon as the case may be.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Jan 12

reason, that is, other than, because i think so, or because i say they are. I dont mind if
they are different from the Bibles, i expected that. I have not said you should not do
this, or you should not do that, have I, so please try to be reasonable.
I give you answers that are from the Holy Bible and you will still
not accept them because they disagree with what your god, the
Watchtower Society, tells you.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
I love it when christians fight.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
you give nothing but jive turkey!

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

I love it when christians fight.
hes not a Christian, he's a machine gun preacher!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Jan 12

hes not a Christian, he's a machine gun preacher!
It is clear he thinks he is a christian. I think so do you. I love it when christians fight. They then have less ammo to fight off rationality.