To our atheist friends

To our atheist friends

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what a pile of crap, its genetically encoded that i like women, it does not mean that i
break the fidelity of my marraige and sleep with all the women that i like, does it, why?
because there is morality involved, epic fail like all your other materialistic jive and
even if it was true, influence is not the same as a cause. Even if genes and ho ...[text shortened]... ent things thus it cannot be unreasonable for God to ask
persons to desist from homosexuality.
Why would your god make gay people then? To make them so they only can have same sex relations? You have to admit, according to your religion, your god made everything, and being omnipotent, would not have made a mistake in making gays.

Sexual freedom and such, adultery and the like, are our business, not your god's. You and your ilk want control, want to control every aspect of a person's life including what goes on in the bedroom.

If someone is an adulterer, it turns out there is a legal way of handling it, it's called divorce, a simple or complicated civil affair having nothing to do with mosaic, shiria, or any other religious law.

It is my opinion gays exist because there are too many people on the planet. If the population was such that we could sustain it forever the percentage of gays would plummet due to genetic changes in our makeup.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
that's your opinion.
nope, its not my opinion, its Biblical, i did not author the Bible, its not of my own
originality.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
14 Jan 12

whether they accept it or not is irrelevant, its a simple statement of fact, its
condemned in scripture.
sexual coercion is immoral. whether you accept it or not is irrelevant, it's a simple statement of fact.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
14 Jan 12

nope, its not my opinion, its Biblical, i did not author the Bible, its not of my own
originality.
anything you accept or reject from the bible is your opinion.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

originality.
It is your opinion that the Bible is relevant and significant.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

whether they accept it or not is irrelevant, its a simple statement of fact, its
condemned in scripture.
And you asked me if I think forbidding homosexuality is "unreasonable" and I said yes. Your opinion is that the fact it's "condemned in scripture" is significant. I don't see how it is.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
Why would your god make gay people then? To make them so they only can have same sex relations? You have to admit, according to your religion, your god made everything, and being omnipotent, would not have made a mistake in making gays.

Sexual freedom and such, adultery and the like, are our business, not your god's. You and your ilk want control, want t ...[text shortened]... sustain it forever the percentage of gays would plummet due to genetic changes in our makeup.
First of all, i have already demonstrated that predisposition and determination are
two different things, this refutes, completely your argument that God made gays for
a reason, how it has escaped your notice God only knows.

secondly i am unconcerned with persons who were not under the mosaic law, my
question was specific to them, why this has also escaped your notice, i cannot say,

lastly you have FAILED to state why asking a person to remain faithful is unreasonable,
or to state why asking a person to desist from engaging in homosexual activity is
unreasonable, because i think so., is not a reason at all, how you can believe your
own propaganda, i really dont know.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
And you asked me if I think forbidding homosexuality is "unreasonable" and I said yes. Your opinion is that the fact it's "condemned in scripture" is significant. I don't see how it is.
then perhaps you had better look at a few verses.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12
1 edit

sexual coercion is immoral. whether you accept it or not is irrelevant, it's a simple statement of fact.
why is it immoral, because it limits your freedom, i dont think so. I am free to test out
gravity be jumping from a building and accelerating at 9.81 meters per second, is it
limiting my freedom if someone puts up a safety parapet to stop me doing so, hardly.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

anything you accept or reject from the bible is your opinion.
I accept it all, sadly, for your argument that is.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

then perhaps you had better look at a few verses.
What the Mosaic Law says is no more relevant to me than the laws laid out in al-Quran, robbie.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Jan 12
2 edits

First of all, i have already demonstrated that predisposition and determination are
two different things, this refutes, completely your argument that God made gays for
a reason, how it has escaped your notice God only knows.

secondly i am unconcerned with persons who were not under the mosaic law, my
question was specific to them, why this h ...[text shortened]... hink so., is not a reason at all, how you can believe your
own propaganda, i really dont know.
You seem to stubbornly refuse to admit that gays do not chose to be gay. It is genetically determined. Therefore if your god exists, it made them that way for a purpose you as a human will forever be denied the reason.

You simply want to control people's lives however you rationalize it. That is my main beef against all religions. They are man made to control people and some specifically to suppress women.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
What the Mosaic Law says is no more relevant to me than the laws laid out in al-Quran, robbie.
it doesn't need to be for you to have an opinion about them though, does it FMF, after
all, they are no more relevant to our atheist friends yet thy have opinions about them,
barbaric i think was the term.

Moves
14 Jan 12

but you have merely answered the question with more question.
Not true. I said it is reasonable for someone to ask me to refrain. If there were a God, he/she would be someone.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
You seem to stubbornly refuse to admit that gays do not chose to be gay. It is genetically determined. Therefore if your god exists, it made them that way for a purpose you as a human will forever be denied the reason.
predisposition and determination are not the same thing, sorry but your materialistic
argument of genes and hormones doesn't wash, there is no 'gay' gene.