This makes foolishness of the Trinity

This makes foolishness of the Trinity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 Dec 21
1 edit

@galveston75 said
Uhhh, we also call him Jesus just as you do. What was his name before he came to earth?
The Word.

Ever read John 1:1?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 Dec 21

@galveston75 said
Yes he was.....
No, he wasn't.

You deny the Christ. You also blaspheme the Holy Spirit. Jesus himself called that a greater sin.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Dec 21

@suzianne said
No, he wasn't.

You deny the Christ. You also blaspheme the Holy Spirit. Jesus himself called that a greater sin.
Oh my. So now your my judge? Really?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Dec 21

@suzianne said
The Word.

Ever read John 1:1?
Oh no. I never have...... Please tell me more!!!! No not really.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Dec 21

@suzianne said
That Jesus is not/was not an angel?
What is one definition of an angel?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
No He wasn’t.

Show the text where He ascended into Heaven as “a spirit being.”
I don't have to as "flesh and blood cannot enter into heaven"........

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
It wasn’t Michael.
What was it then?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Dec 21
2 edits

@galveston75

Michael is “the archangel.” (Jude 9) The title “archangel,” meaning “chief of the angels,” appears in only two Bible verses. In both cases, the word is singular, suggesting that only one angel bears that title. One of those verses states that the resurrected Lord Jesus “will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice.” (1 Thessalonians 4:​16) Jesus has “an archangel’s voice” because he is the archangel, Michael.

Michael commands an angelic army. “Michael and his angels battled with the dragon,” Satan. (Revelation 12:7) Michael has great authority in the spirit realm, for he is called “one of the foremost princes” and “the great prince.” (Daniel 10:13, 21; 12:1) These titles designate Michael as “the commander-in-chief of the angelic forces,” as New Testament scholar David E. Aune puts it.

The Bible mentions only one other name of someone having authority over an army of angels. It describes “the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance.” (2 Thessalonians 1:​7, 8; Matthew 16:27) Jesus “went to heaven, and angels and authorities and powers were made subject to him.” (1 Peter 3:​21, 22) It would not make sense for God to set up Jesus and Michael as rival commanders of the holy angels. Rather, it is more reasonable to conclude that both names, Jesus and Michael, refer to the same person.

Michael “will stand up” during an unprecedented “time of distress.” (Daniel 12:1) In the book of Daniel, the expression “stand up” is often used to refer to a king who rises up to take special action. (Daniel 11:​2-4, 21) Jesus Christ, identified as “The Word of God,” will take special action as the “King of kings” to strike down all of God’s enemies and protect God’s people. (Revelation 19:11-​16) He will do so during a time of “great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning.”​—Matthew 24:21, 42. WTS......

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Dec 21

@galveston75 said
I don't have to as "flesh and blood cannot enter into heaven"........
You realize Jesus Christ’s Resurrected body was not the same as His crucified and entombed body, right?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Dec 21

@galveston75

Also if Jesus is also Jehovah, why doesn't he use the voice of GOD here?

"One of those verses states that the resurrected Lord Jesus “will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice.” (1 Thessalonians 4:​16)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Dec 21

@galveston75 said
What was it then?
I go with what Suzianne said, though certainly Lord and Son of God appear in the Old Testament

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Dec 21

@PB1022 Again.......
"flesh and blood cannot enter into heaven"

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Dec 21

@galveston75 said
@galveston75

Also if Jesus is also Jehovah, why doesn't he use the voice of GOD here?

"One of those verses states that the resurrected Lord Jesus “will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice.” (1 Thessalonians 4:​16)
Are you talking to yourself? Or do you want someone to answer?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
I go with what Suzianne said, though certainly Lord and Son of God appear in the Old Testament
Those are titles, not names.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Dec 21

@galveston75 said
@PB1022 Again.......
"flesh and blood cannot enter into heaven"
Again:

You realize Jesus Christ’s Resurrected body was not the same as His crucified and entombed body, right?