This forum is ruined

This forum is ruined

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
05 Nov 10

Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
Yes, incomprehensible in LIES, influencial conditioned "accept to be" truths, which is ignorance.
Shut the hell up, you insufferable douche bag.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
05 Nov 10

Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
You poor poor individual

However, one day you will know I am your brother that LOVES YOU immensely! you dig?
Sweet Jesus. I'd rather beat myself in the balls with a bundle of flaming road flares than receive your love.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
05 Nov 10

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
I take back everything rude or insulting I've ever said to you. Now that I've seen the enemy, I realize that your posts are bastions of clarity and light.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
05 Nov 10

Originally posted by bbarr
Yep, I'm done with the Spirituality forum. The good ol' days are gone. Too bad, really, since this was the most philosophically sophisticated of the RHP fora. Now it is a wasteland of jibberish.
But still you see specific koans as products of “inhabitable conditions” and thus worth solely of a profound “blah”! After your "blah", what?
No interaction no koan because
there is nobody to point it out for you. If I see no thing and you see no thing, how could we ever know that we see the same?
Taco and Vishvahetu are nothing but self-contained koans amongst else; how could they ever be "inhabitable"?
The sole space available is the space of your mind and you can go wherever you want. Which region exactly is "inhabitable"?

Methinks first one establishes specific epistemic instruments and solely then one gets access to specific epistemic objects. The choice of your own epistemic instruments and their exact function should be understood perfectly in your system, and you should offer this system with clarity. Perception, inference, recognition of likeness and testimony are the sole agents that will ease you to establish your specific set of (your) instruments, and you have to know whether a specific instrument is indicated for the specific object (of yours).
The same goes for my system too: we have already agree regarding this matter, we have also address the further question of how to establish our instruments and we know that these instruments are good guides to the objects of the World 1. In your opinion, master bbarr, how did we came to know it?

Wasteland of jibbberish
Hell
Koan
Paradise
Cause-Effect
Wu wei
This and That
methinks It's only You
😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
05 Nov 10

I take back everything rude or insulting I've ever said to you. Now that I've seen the enemy, I realize that your posts are bastions of clarity and light.
Oh them bastions😵

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
05 Nov 10

Originally posted by black beetle
But still you see specific koans as products of “inhabitable conditions” and thus worth solely of a profound “blah”! After your "blah", what?
No interaction no koan because
there is nobody to point it out for you. If I see no thing and you see no thing, how could we ever know that we see the same?
Taco and Vishvahetu are nothing but self-contained ko ...[text shortened]... h
Hell
Koan
Paradise
Cause-Effect
Wu wei
This and That
methinks It's only You
😵
Your prose is so opaque, I have no idea what you're asking.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
05 Nov 10

Your prose is so opaque, I have no idea what you're asking.
-- "So my dear barr you found the virtue you were looking for in wu wei in the past; me wanna dance"
-- "Well if I found it I certainly didn't do so by looking for it. I'm just trying, in a sense, to stay out of my own way."
-- "There is no thing to be found"
-- "But there is an inhabitable state."
-- "Who are you?"
-- "Blah."
-- "After your "blah", what?"
😵

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
05 Nov 10

Originally posted by black beetle
-- "So my dear barr you found the virtue you were looking for in wu wei in the past; me wanna dance"
-- "Well if I found it I certainly didn't do so by looking for it. I'm just trying, in a sense, to stay out of my own way."
-- "There is no thing to be found"
-- "But there is an inhabitable state."
-- "Who are you?"
-- "Blah."
-- "After your "blah", what?"
😵
This is just obscurity masquerading as insight. In prose, I deal in arguments, and the giving and taking of reasons. If you have a question, ask it plainly.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Nov 10

This is just obscurity masquerading as insight. In prose, I deal in arguments, and the giving and taking of reasons. If you have a question, ask it plainly.
New York politician allowed for measured nuance one day decades

ago when he said, "We campaign in poetry, then govern in prose."

rc

Moves
05 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
you shuta upa your face! some reaches out to you and you slap them in the face, dithspicable!

rc

Moves
05 Nov 10

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
Sweet Jesus. I'd rather beat myself in the balls with a bundle of flaming road flares than receive your love.
i think we would rather see you do that too, perhaps it could be arranged?

rc

Moves
05 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Agerg
Surprisingly, I don't hold any notions of objective beauty. Even more surprising, in the subjective sense, I claim that the perception of beauty *can* be reduced to wholly material terms; for example, the processing of various sensory inputs that takes place in our brains perhaps manifests the perception of "beauty" if they are in symphony with the way s of being that are beyond your perception...so challenging your notions of it is fair game.
ah my dear Agers but here is the crux of the matter, you may try to describe the mechanics of perception in purely materialistic terms but the arguments fail when we consider the why of the matter, for i think that you will agree that art, literature, music etc are certainly superfluous to our survival and thus to reduce them to pure mechanics is really not very satisfying at all.

That objective beauty exists should be the case, for art galleries and museums attract millions of appreciative visitors every year. I do not deny that you may have a predisposition towards some types of art, its a matter of taste to be sure, but that others also share this same appreciation leads me to the conclusion that its not as subjective as we think.

As for evaluating spiritual things, we have of course as beetle points out our minds and we may indeed draw inferences and reasons from the way we perceive these 'unseen', realities and this I think is where spirituality begins. As a Christian of course i may draw upon the inspiration of the ancient text also. You of course are free to challenge these notions, however, to reduce them to mechanics cannot be done, for they are spiritual and belong in the spiritual realm.

Z

Moves
05 Nov 10

Originally posted by divegeester
By two spamming idiots vishvahetu and tacoandlettuce.

You people who encourage and tolerate their trolling are not doing this site any favours.
taco doesnt troll. taco is a ninja. i define forum ninja like someone invisible, someone who's deeds never come to light.
seriously, does anyone else post such bland and pointless crapola as taco? his posts aren't the stuff of trolls because they trigger no heated discussion. they trigger nothing whatsoever.

taco posts are a waste of space. not trolling

Z

Moves
05 Nov 10

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
who knows? you might enjoy it. your post says no no no, but your eyes say yes yes yes.

Z

Moves
05 Nov 10

isn't it funny how vishva makes you miss jaywill and joseph ?